Naturist fiction: The Ring

Members are invited to post their personal poetry and favorite songs, if they have copyright permission. Please start a new thread for each one.<P>Only Permanent and Native Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Naturist fiction: The Ring

Postby jochanaan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:25 pm

(Note: This is a story, not a poem, but since I've already posted it on Naturist-christians.org, I've taken the liberty of posting it here too.)

“Is it all right?” he asked her.
“Yes!” she breathed, eyes wide.
They were both naked, and very much in love, and the sky between the pine branches was full of stars--yet their commitment to remain virgins till marriage was in no danger of being broken. The light indentations her recently-removed brassiere and jeans had left on her skin had already smoothed out. The ring on her left hand, a promise not to the young man but to her God, gleamed in the light of the half-moon.
Suddenly she laughed. “Do you remember how upset I was when you told me you were a nudist?”
He laughed too. The memory, he realized, held no pain. “You said I was caught in sin!”
“How could I have been so blind?” she chortled at herself. “You’re the only guy I know who’s as committed to chastity as I am.”
“And now look at you!”
She laughed again, just for joy. Then she took a deep breath, and whispered, “Thank you.” That was all--yet it said so much more.
“I love you.”
She kissed him--a brief, chaste kiss, yet full of promise. Then she seized his hand. “Come on! Let’s tell our folks!”
“Are you sure?”
“It’ll be all right. Trust me.”

“I don’t like it!” the young woman’s father snapped. The couple’s parents were in the young man’s parents’ motor home; her parents were clothed but his weren’t. “It’s been too long!”
“You think--?” his wife began.
“I’m sure it’s all right,” said the young man’s father. “I trust my son.”
“Yes,” affirmed the youth‘s mother, nodding. “Don’t you trust your daughter?”
“It’s not that!” said the girl’s father hastily. “It’s just--”
“Just contrary to all you’ve ever been taught,” said the other man, understanding. The young man’s parents, long-time naturists who had only recently told the other couple about their naturism when it became apparent that their children were becoming close friends, had proposed this trip to “give everybody a chance to get to know each other a little better.” Hesitantly, the young woman’s parents had agreed; even more hesitantly, her father, the pastor at the church they all attended, had allowed the young couple’s evening walk.
“This is no different,” said his father, “from anything else they might do together.”
“That’s right,” affirmed his mother. “They’ve been alone together before, and nothing has happened.”
When the other man’s face still showed doubt, the young man’s father cried, “Look at us! We’ve been naked with you for a whole evening now, and what’s happened?”
“But they’re young!” protested the young woman’s mother.
“They’ve proved they can be trusted,” countered the young man’s mother.
The girl’s father started to say something, then stopped. After a long pause, he said slowly, “Maybe we should just pray about this.”
The others nodded, seated themselves around the dining table, and bowed their heads.
But before they could begin, the two young people burst into the motor home. “Come on outside, you guys!” cried the young man. “It’s a gorgeous night!”
“What are you doing?” the pastor hissed at his naked daughter.
“It’s all right!” she cried. “We’re fine! Everything’s fine!” Again she laughed for joy.
“Look at me!” the girl’s father snapped.
Her mother laid a hand on her husband’s arm and hissed in his ear.
He stopped, then went on seriously. “I must know.“ He fixed his eyes on his daughter. “Did you break your commitment tonight?”
Their eyes locked. Her voice was dead serious. “No, father.”
He blinked. “But--but--this is your first time to--”
“First time, hundredth time, what does it matter? It’s all true! We can take off our clothes, be alone together, without breaking any vows.” She waited, then went on, “Don’t you remember preaching that we should never be ashamed of who we are as Christians? Shouldn’t that be true even of our bodies? ‘Present your bodies a living sacrifice,’” she quoted.
After a long, silent minute, her father took a deep breath. “All right. I believe you.” Then he added, “I’m sorry. I should have trusted you. And,” he continued, looking at the young man, “I should have known you could be trusted. Heaven knows, you’ve proved yourself a thousand ways.”
Without hesitation the girl embraced her father. “I love you, daddy!” she breathed into his ear. He kissed her cheek as he had done thousands of times.
As she stood up again, his eyes suddenly widened. “Did what I think just happened, just happen?”
“Oh, yes it did, Pastor!” the young man teased. “A naked girl hugged you! And it wasn’t your wife!” For several minutes the motor home rocked as its occupants laughed helplessly.
While they still gasped for breath, the young woman’s father abruptly stood and took off his shoes, then the rest of his clothes. Her mother, after some encouragement from the young woman and the young man’s mother, did likewise. Then the young man looked at the young woman and said, “Hey, I’ve got something for you!” He dug in his backpack, then knelt before her with another ring in his hand, this one sparkling with a single diamond. Her jaw dropped, but she took it, put it on her finger, then, heedless of the others, gave him a long kiss that promised many more.

© 2006 by John Rasmussen
Last edited by jochanaan on Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby SteveNTL » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:42 pm

Thank you, John, for using your imagination and creative gifts for the glory of God!

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby LivingFree » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:11 pm

Wow, John, you had me holding my breath, reading at breakneck speed. What a wonderful story. (And of course, it came out just as I hoped it would. :shock: )
LivingFree

Postby Strandloper » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:47 pm

Good one, Joch. A love story the way we would love to see things happen – sweet and chaste, yet nude.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby Crafty Mom » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:57 pm

SIGH!
Wish that more folks could see this, not just Naturists!

Thanks so much for that story on pure freedom & love between a guy & gal!
HUGS & GOD BLESS!
Crafty Mom
Coordinator of Women's & Teen's Forums
Crafty Mom
Women's and Teens' Coordinator

Postby willbtan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 pm

Thanks Jochannan, what a wonderful story. I like the fact that young people could take off their clothes and not break their vows. Thats better than most can do who keep their clothes on.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Rejoice in the Lord

Willbtan
willbtan
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:50 am

Thanks for all the compliments! Of course, this is fiction, but well within plausibility.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby MatthewNeal » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:46 am

Great story, Brother.

I'm just wondering, though... does anyone know of this kind of thing happening in real life? Anybody who's raised a daughter as a naturist and dealt with the issues of her being courted by a boy, naturist or not?

I have an 11 year old daughter and I'm looking down the road with all new eyes now that we are practicing nudity in our home and may do so socially as a family in the future.

The fiction account was encouraging, but I'd really like to hear from a real life experience, too.

Thanks.

Matt
Last edited by MatthewNeal on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:38 pm

MatthewNeal wrote:I have an 11 year old daughter and I'm looking down the road with all new eyes now that we are practicing nudity in our home and may do so socially as a family in the future.

Matt,

We haven't heard a lot about the transition to naturist living in your family, as we did from CCM and SSG. Is there a story you'll willing to tell? Not here, of course, but in the Naturist forum?
LivingFree

Postby MatthewNeal » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:46 am

LivingFree wrote:Matt,

We haven't heard a lot about the transition to naturist living in your family, as we did from CCM and SSG. Is there a story you'll willing to tell? Not here, of course, but in the Naturist forum?
LF,

There have been some similarities between us and CCM's family, but there have been differences as well.

I did not feel like there was too much to say along the way as we have still been working through the transition. However, you will be glad to know that we have now taken the next "plunge" and our report is now posted in the http://www.cnvillage.org/viewforum.php?f=46 thread (Personal Naturist Experiences & Trip Reports).

Take care,

Matt
Last edited by MatthewNeal on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:25 am

Thanks, Matt. I did read that strip, and thoroughly enjoyed it. May God richly bless your lives as a naked and open and trusting family.
LivingFree

Postby jochanaan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:15 pm

Found out recently that this story also appears in the latest issue (#119) of Fig Leaf Forum. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:28 am

Congrats Joch. you are now well published! :lol:
LivingFree

Return to Worship in Song and Poetry