Picking up, Packing up

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Picking up, Packing up

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 am

It helps - had a GOOD talk with our financial advisor yesterday, packing is going well, we whoulds be able to move out - not that it is easy, but it will happen.

Herself will be in the northland next week a couple days, taking another load and getting some things at Number 1 Son's house taken care of.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Picking up, Packing up

Postby nudie66 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I know this has been an excruciating wait... congratulations on the gears finally spinning!
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:12 am

As of yesterday, the last hurdle is leapt. All that is left - FINISH packing - hard; THE ACTUAL MOVE - hard and confusing; THE CLOSING - anticlimax.

But the ship has cast off.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Petros, as said it's been a long and excrutiating wait. i'm glad you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:07 am

Petros wrote:... THE ACTUAL MOVE - hard and confusing...

I know you're busy. Just curious: why confusing?
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 am

A. trying to live - here and in a bit there - with almost everything in confusingly labeled boxes

B. On the day, watching them load, then setting out in two cars to drop off the dogs and then go to point B to drop some of the load before going to the place we have booked at point C, thence to return to B for the B & B,

C. Remembering all that musty be done before the move.

That is not all of it - but enough.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:41 pm

I have moved twice, both pain and agony. In the first move we kept an inventory of box number and its content, labeled what room to put it in, and whether it was long-term or short-term access. One box was not opened for thirty years. Second move is still a six-year work in process.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Congratulations, May the Lord grant you Rest and Clarity.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 pm

Oh, my. Yesterday at this time the place was a maze of cartons being filled, sorted, assigned. Tonight, there is a huge van filling the driveway, and very little encumbers our floors, though it is not done; they return tomorrow about 8:00, top up - and we all leave. VERY hard to believe - but it seems to be working.

God willing, we will have our first night in the new place Friday - a week later back down for the closing.

VERY hard - but a lot of clear blessngs along the path.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:44 am

And when it is finished you will feel much better and probably not realize just how much work you actually did. On our first night in our new house my wife and I put the new mattress directly on the floor, cooked in the kitchen camping style, and had everything else carted to the new house by a friend over the next week. We were so glad to get into our new place.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm

And yes. It is good. Aches and pains are still moving around, but we are HERE - even with web access as of today. Very relieved, very at home - we have talked tpo more family and neighbours than we ever could in the southland.

VERY grateful.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Thank you, Lord!!

And congratulations, Petros and Herself!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Congratulations Petros and Herself on your successful move and communication with family and neighbors. Hopefully the aches will soon depart.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:58 pm

Praise the Lord! Sounds like it's shaping up well, Petros.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:15 pm

I have noticed your saga over these many months, so I am glad to hear of the successful sale and move!
dv8
Permanent Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Praise