I'm Back

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I'm Back

Postby Petros » Fri May 04, 2018 6:25 am

Great trip out, horrible trip back, arriving worn out a good 36 hours after I should have. But I am here, intact, and in a few days life will resume.

Too many helps along the way to analyze or enumerate - but your prayers made a difference. waiting for my last flight I overheards so many with worse stories.

Thank you.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: I'm Back

Postby RMOlson » Fri May 04, 2018 7:36 am

Glad you have returned and intact!!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri May 04, 2018 9:01 am

Welcome back, Petros. I guess it’s true. Someone else always has it worse than we do. Glad too you made it intact.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat May 05, 2018 6:50 am

One interesting example of how God can weirdly work.

On my way to the airport horribly early in the morning, I missed a step and fell. No damage - I learned how to fall a LONG time ago. But is trained my leg, which gradually stiffened up just a little so when my plane landed in London quite late with a long trip to my next flight I did not feel I could cover the distance at speed.

So I asked for help. Was put in a wheeled chair, spun through the terminal as at the Indianapolis 500, got my bag, delivered to the other terminal. The gap was so tight I missed my next plane, but my driver whirled me to the desk, thety reticketed me for the next flight out - and there I was.

If I had not fallen - I would have been exhausted, even later, perhaps in tears and certainly unsure as to where to go.

They tell of the man whose car breaks down a mile from the bridgethat is due to collapse - this was mine. The rest of the trip my leg was fine!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 pm

I had to go all the way to the Louvre in Paris to break my leg last year. Fully healed and good as new. This year I am going to Belgium and hope not to repeat the performance. If I do, my wife just might leave me behind this time.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 am

Now if you were on the stage, "Break a leg" would be a friendly greeting. As it is - don't. A Belgian friend showed herself how to do pommes frites RIGHT. Enjoy it. Safely.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am

A similar situation happened to us a couple of weeks ago.

We were supposed to go east to see our son and his family for the weekend. On the evening before we were to leave, our son called and said everyone was sick with a fever and throwing up and that we should not come. We concurred.

As it turned out, had we gone, we would have left at around 4:00 in the morning and been right at the location of a major accident on the freeway we would have been on involving an eighteen-wheeler full of trash that ended up completely across the lanes we would have been in, spilling its load and then catching fire.

Now, I would NEVER pray for someone, especially family members, to get sick, but in this case, I am grateful they did and cancelled the trip.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 am

That looked to be a messy situation.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Wed May 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Wow. Talk about trailer trash!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

c.o. wrote:Wow. Talk about trailer trash!

:like: :like: :lol:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Mon May 14, 2018 3:17 pm

c.o. wrote:Wow. Talk about trailer trash!

The trash looks like it is still in pretty good condition (for trash), but the cab looks pretty well torched.
Hope the driver made it out okay.
Escaping with one's life is not exactly a total loss!
But, Lord willing, we will not enter heaven empty-handed, but enter hand-in-hand with many, many precious souls who came to Jesus through our testimony in word and deed.
And that goes for all of us!

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person's work.
If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved--even though only as one escaping through the flames.

I Corinthians 3:11-15
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri May 18, 2018 4:22 pm

I have a friend who drives for UPS (big trucks). He passed the scene going north just as the cab caught fire. Very scary.

We have passed the spot several times since then and it still is very charred. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Worship in Praise