Lafayette, Guess Where we Are!

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Lafayette, Guess Where we Are!

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 am

The move. Long, hard, wearing. Body and mind are aching.

But we slept soundly in our own bed in our own room in our own house in Herself's home town that stop, I find quite comfortable, and now our first dawn.

Praise God, thank you all for prayers - and don't stop, while we are on earth there is always more.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Lafayette, Guess Where we Are!

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 am

Petros, I’m glad you and Herself are finally settled (though not fully I’m sure) into your new home.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:34 pm

That’s wonderful!!!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:00 pm

You are home :areyouthere?: :fantastic: :bighug: :bouncy:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:23 am

There is that time when most everything is still in boxes...
Toothbrush in bottom of box 27, or was it box 22?
Why didn't I pack the computer mouse with the rest of the PC in box 6? Where is it? Oh! The accessory box that is already in the new attic!
Is canine companion with you for this latest move?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:57 am

In our case, it is the medicine chest - computer mice abound.

We would not of our own accord separate from the Canine Companion, who somehow makes it up the stairs and is snoozing beside me, nor his young heir apparent the Pup of Wales. Our regular dogwalk time in a little over an hour.

Apart from anything else, we owe them. It was on a dogwalk I discovered this place was on the market.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:23 am

No one has bothered to take a guess so far, not even General Lafayette! (although we can excuse his silence, since he has long since departed this world)

You mentioned in previous episodes that you and Nokomis (Daughter of the Moon) are now Yoopers, she by birth and you by naturalization.

Perhaps you are steaming away in your sauna along the picturesque shores of Lake Superior on the outskirts of the charming Finnish-founded town of Ontanagon?
Perhaps Ironwood or the Keewenaw Peninsula is your new home. Not meaning to pry of course;
It is all a grand and beautiful country wedged between Wisconsin and what Longfellow called,"Gitche Gumee".

I can only guess what my own choice would be and I think I would dwell in Ontanagon until the first frost, at which point,
I'd be Florida-bound with camper in tow.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

A good friend of mine - old school chum - has just moved to Florida, finds it steamy - here is steamy enough.

Ours is Iron County, with excursions to the shore or into Wisconsin where we again have friends.

Met Herself's cousin in the store two days ago - the family is returning, he from California.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 am

Petros wrote:A good friend of mine - old school chum - has just moved to Florida, finds it steamy - here is steamy enough.

Ours is Iron County, with excursions to the shore or into Wisconsin where we again have friends.

Met Herself's cousin in the store two days ago - the family is returning, he from California.

His mistake was moving to Florida for year-round living.
As you get into autumn, the humidity level drops in Florida.
Stay in the North Woods until you have raked the last maple leaf, call the dogs, put out the fire, jump in the wagon and keep driving south until you see palm trees and salt water.
I promise that it will be less humid than a Florida summer.
I won't promise that it will be less humid than a Michigan summer.
I like Michigan summers. The biting bugs are an issue, but screen porches and repellent serve well enough.
Get over it!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:55 am

Where we are precisely - altitude and breezes and other factors - the hexapod nibblers are less an issue that they were on our hill surrounded by reclaimed - sorta - swamp. Of course there are places.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise