Got it open

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Got it open

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:01 am

In our new place, at this season we have effectively one door - snow blocks the others, it will be different next year but we are still learning the ropes. Last night the door knob on that door broke - it could not be opened. Most of our tools out in the garage!

It was long, it was hard on body and mind. But we got it open, off its hinges.

Today or tomorrow we will get and then install a new mechanism. And so soon as we can the oneness will be sorted.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Got it open

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 am

Wow Petros, your life seems to be filled with trials and tribulations. Glad you were able to get the door open. Good luck with getting and installing the new lock as well as preparing the other door so you’ll not be snowed in again.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:06 pm

I ran out to Ace this morning and the new one is on and working fine. The other doors - well next year we will better know how to handle the snow - if I had known the house well enough therre would not bee the pile in front to the one door, My BiL's house - there is one entrance you can get in (they are only here weekends) but it is not easy unless there are two of you - his other two entrances and the garage fdoor and the side door to the garage are impossible.

We'll manage even this year - it would have been easier had #1 son not been out of town just then.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:29 pm

Glad to hear the door is fixed. Had my own problem today with a door... my hand froze to the handle of the (detached) garage screen door. Was defrosting freezer in basement and took out a wet towel to let it freeze dry (good time to defrost as I could keep frozen goods in the 0 degree garage). Spread the towel on a patio chair outside and it immediately froze in place. Went to garage and opened that door - hand froze to the lever.

Am glad to hear that you at least were able to repair and use your door, Petros!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:25 am

naturaldon wrote:Glad to hear the door is fixed. Had my own problem today with a door... my hand froze to the handle of the (detached) garage screen door. Was defrosting freezer in basement and took out a wet towel to let it freeze dry (good time to defrost as I could keep frozen goods in the 0 degree garage). Spread the towel on a patio chair outside and it immediately froze in place. Went to garage and opened that door - hand froze to the lever.

Am glad to hear that you at least were able to repair and use your door, Petros!

Wow, you guys live dangerously but glad all turned out fine for both of you.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:19 am

A wet towel in freezing weather? Ouch.

Glad to see you thawedout, assuming you cannot typ[e one handed any more than I can.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Seems like we all have problems.

Friday went to the VA OPC to check my knee braces and some other problems. Went to the store and then home. Stepped out of the car on to glare ice, went into the garage to get some low temp (- 30) ice melting salt. Stepping back to the car, snow fell on me from some trees and slipped in the ice and really scraped my knee. Fortunately, the knee, leg, was protected by the brace, :butbut: :cross: the knee was well scored. Had some second skin to apply to the wound after cleaning. Thursday will go to the OPC to check the wound and get more supplies.

:pray:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Now to get my internet line repaired.

:pray:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 am

Ow - I can feel that from here. We are due for some melt come the weekend, I andthe aging dog will need to be very careful. Praying for a quick recovery and no more slips.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 am

Jude, I’m glad your fall was no worse than it was. I hope all of you, including Petros, in the great frozen north will be safe from slips and falls orvotger means of injury caused by the cold and ice. I’m glad I live in warmer climes where snow and ice is rare.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:24 am

I do not miss those difficulties presented by cold temperatures. I’m glad that you were able to fix your door Petros and pray for no complications in your recovery Jude. Stay warm brothers
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:43 am

Jim, I am just praying you do not get any of these extreme storms and tornadoes we have been heaing about south of here./ I have lived in the fringes of tornado country, seen the sky thinking seriously about it, and experienced part of a hurricane.

No place here is Eden.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm

We had some come close to us, 4 within about 10 miles, saw a lot of damage around us but we remin safe and are always in his hands. We did not even lose any shingles which is good because our roof is excluded from our home owners policy due to its age. We did hide in the closet for about an hour but nothing came of it for us anyway. I will gladly trade tornadoes for that bone chilling back aching cold. I work out in the weather so for me it’s a good trade off. Stay warm my friend
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise