The Dumps are down there

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Dumps are down there

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:43 am

As of Friday morning, I was very down in the dumps. Taxes higher that I hoped - something wrong taxing a chap whose work for over two decades has been one big charitable donation, the market value of what they get is so much more [if they could even duplicate it] than what they p[ay me when they do.

But anyway - we did not have it, Eat up all our puny savings? Go into bankruptcy? Pay instalments with interest? Or just be delinquent.

So I asked my associates for prayer. Four hours later, I knew we would not need bankruptcy. Saturday I knew wew would not have to eat or borrow against the savings. Sunday I knew we will have to use one reserve account, but not the other two - and the pot will be refilled by the end of the month. And there will not be the aching uncertainty next year.

And I am most pleased.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: The Dumps are down there

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:02 am

Petros, I’m glad you’re able to find a way to pay the taxes without exhausting everything. I hate having to pay so others who won’t work can live off what I and others have earned. This nation functioned well over 100 years without an income tax and the needy were taken care of through charity. Once the income tax was implemented the greedy politicians have found evermore ways to spend our money while enriching themselves and creating ways to pay less than their “fair share.”

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:00 pm

That is amazing provision, well we think of it as amazing, to the Father it is just provision...
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:08 am

Like human fathers, of course, he enjoys our amazement, delight, relief.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Very True!

Petros wrote:Like human fathers, of course, he enjoys our amazement, delight, relief.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:19 am

Speaking of dumps and taxes: It keeps getting better.

First realizing we could pay with only a small dip into savings.

Then realizing we could make it without dipping.

Then realising that about a week after sending the checks in we would get in a fresh $1500.

Then discovering that we would still have abouty $2500 in the account before that $1500 came in.

And yesterday? Reading the fine print ans seeing that from one of our two states an actual refund is coming.

LOTS of gratitude.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:27 am

Good to read you’ll receive a refund Petros. It can be difficult sometimes wondering how we’ll ever be able to pay for what’s owed but at least you can now see a light above from the depths of the pit you believed you were in.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Glad to hear it Petros. The Lord give the, and the government take th away, but the Lord is Good
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:31 am

Very good indeed. Good to remember - reminders every now and then.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:49 am

That's awesome, Petros. And what a reminder to always go to Him first for our needs.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise