Quite the day

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Quite the day

Postby Petros » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:24 am

Yesterday it was.

First - on the weekend water started backing up in the cell;ar floor drain - nsty clog somewhere. Forcing water rationing and anxiety. Called a drain guy - he'll get back to you. Called im agin he'll get back yo you. Wednesday morning called his competition. Came out cleared a blockage 75 feet out - how long had THAT been building up?

Great rejoicing with normal water use.

Second - Number 1 Son being out of town decided to rent out one of the two units where we all lived out first year, No bites. Then we found out - number in the For Rent sign was wrong! Changed it Yesterday a call - She had tried (the wrong) number several times, Spotted the correction, tried to call. Phone dead. Tried the other phone - got through, saw the place, she mobves in tomorrow./

We are very glad.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Quite the day

Postby RMOlson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Rejoicing with you! Rationing water is no fun, especially when it is backing up into the house!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:18 am

Petros, your travails remind me of the saying I heard often while growing up: “If it weren’t for bad luck, I/he/she would have no luck at all.” But, I’m certainly glad things have changed direction and you’ve gotten both the leak and room rental situation resolved. Wishing you fair skies and smooth sailing moving forward.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:08 pm

I live in California, water is always rationed. There are many dead lawns in my neighborhood and some have been turned into hardscapes, like my back yard. My wife has her garden and I have a hot tub, and that water is only changed every four months and is about the same amount as two front-yard lawn waterings.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:04 am

I live in California, water is always rationed. There are many dead lawns in my neighborhood and some have been turned into hardscapes, like my back yard.

Times change. I vividly recall my first day in LA in the mid 60s. I remember : hours hiking around Westwood to find a place to live, my feet getting blistered till I could barely hobble. And hours noting a sprinkler going in every yard I passed, very strange for a lad from lower New England and the the upper Midwest.

On that day - rationing and abstinence were not in evidence.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise