Lost and Found

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Lost and Found

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 pm

A week and a bit ago I lost my wedding ring. Had it a few decades. The past two years I have lost a but of weight, and it has been oose, I have been extra careful.

I wolke up one morning, it was gone. Searched, no trace. I KEW I had it the previous afternoon. Did I lose it outside? I carefully traced my dogwalking routes, checked the car. Did I lose it in bed? No sign in the covers. Did I - Oh, please, no! - lose it when I filled the trash bin to take it to the curb for pick up? I ALMOST emptied the very full bin to go through the particularly disgusting contens. And then - every day reminded several times of its absence.

This morning he tells me, close your eyes and hold out your hand. And I do, and she slides the ring on. It had fallen on the floor and rolled undeer something.

And I am VERY grateful to have it back. A lot of history attachres to it.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Lost and Found

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Petros, I know you're glad to have it back. I've not worn my wedding band for probably over a year now after having to cut if off my finger due to swelling. I suffered approximately 48 hours with excruciating pain in my ring finger but couldn't figure out why until i noticed the finger was swollen and beginning to discolor. (I don't think I'd ever removed the ring more than once or twice since I'd put it on many years ago). It's still in my wife's jewelry box un-repaired since she wants to wait for a friend to go to Vietnam to have it fixed since the cost will be less there than here in the U.S. since it's made of 18 kt gold. I miss having the band on my finger despite the fact my wife stopped wearing hers a few years ago due to swollen joints associated with arthritis.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby NudeDude92 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:14 pm

I know that gut wrenching feeling. Last fall I was playing a game outside with students for the school I taught at. I slipped, and off the flew my band! Took about 4 hours and a metal detector ultimately. I'm glad you found yours. There's quite the intangible value attached to that.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't your sport.
NudeDude92
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:18 pm

Some years back, Jim, I was gaining instead of losing, and the band got quite tight - I feared I might one day have yo have it cut off. Not a fun thought.

And since I lost, I a couple times came close to needing the dectector!

For now - it is back with all the associations, and Herself has improvised a guard - crocheted from yarn!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:57 pm

My rings have quite a story too.

First wife's ring was on my finger when I was injured at a Boy Scout campout near Livermore. After watching my finger swell, realized I needed to get the ring off, had to drive 20 miles to find a jewelry store, had it sawn off, and repaired a month later after the finger was well. Then she passed away, but I continued to wear the ring until I remarried, then I moved it to the right hand. Second wife's ring now on the left hand has been save and secure for eight years.

Someone asked me why I was wearing two rings and I answered "Two wives, one at home and one in heaven." The person did not say a thing but did smile.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:34 am

Odd, isn't it, how the value of an item, like a wedding ring, far outweighs the monetary value. I'm really glad it turned up again, Petros. I'd hate to lose mine.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Great news, Petros. I wonder how long Herself had it before the big reveal...
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:44 am

I know her - character and schedule well enough. Under an hour - find it, pocket it, bring the laundry behind which it was hiding down the stairs, find me on the laptop inmy chair, and have me close my eyes for the big reveal. Sge got a very good reaction.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise