Praise in Art - Know ye what I have done to you?

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Praise in Art - Know ye what I have done to you?

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:24 am

It was tough to find a category to post this in, but I will try it here. In John 13: 4-17 Jesus took upon himself the role of the lowest slave (doulos) in the house and laid aside his clothes and washed the feet of his disciples. Not clad in fine robes but girded with a towel/apron such as would befit the lowest servant of the household.

Attached is a famous painting that suffers from the prudery and misunderstanding about clothes and nudity. There have been attempts to correct it and after hours of my own editing, I have included my humble attempt. I think to be done right the subject needs to be addressed by a brush and paint artist from scratch to get it right. Either that or someone with better photo editing skills than my own. If any of you likes to paint, please give it a shot. and let us see what can be done that way.

Bare_Truth
Attachments
Jesus_Washing_Peters_Feet.jpg
Jesus_Washing_Peters_Feet.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
Jesus_Washing_Peters_Composite_04a.jpg
Jesus_Washing_Peters_Composite_04a.jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Praise