Been Busy

Members are invited to share statements in praise to God for all God's goodness to you. You may also share answers to prayer, and stories of how God is leading in your life. Please start a new thread for each praise item.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Been Busy

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Petros wrote:My immediate reaction - an urgent desire to check WHAT books were there. Terrible, but I am a recovering book addict.

When my next door neighbor passed away, her children came over and asked me if I wanted any of her books.
I found original edition Zane Grey western novels and thanked them for letting me take "those old books" off their hands.

I have not sold them, I enjoy reading them on a winter evening, but if I were really strapped for cash, I might offer them to a collector online.

Estate sales and yard sales sometimes have something worth the entire collection if presented to the right buyer.

I have no intention of purchasing at full retail and hang onto it with the expectation of making a profit. Not likely.
BUT ...
a few years ago, I passed a shop along the roadside that said it best: WE BUY JUNK AND SELL ANTIQUES!!!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Re: Been Busy

Postby Lionheart » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 am

It’s amazing what treasures can be found ones personal collections. Afraid to think how many valuable objects get tossed out be unknowing family members.
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Permanent Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Praise