It happens

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

It happens

Postby Petros » Sun May 21, 2017 10:57 pm

We just heard today. Steve and our niece Annie Laurie are set to marry in July. As of maybe two days ago, he has been fired from the good secure job he has had for 15+ years. The reason supposedly is, they found he had done something that has been standard procedure in the office for years - seems the standard procedure violates company policy.

Praying that he find in good time thje right job.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: It happens

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:32 pm

These kind of events usually point to the fired person being a scape-goat for some higher-up's questionable behavior.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:17 am

I should add at this time that he quickly found another posting. Lower pay but more income, apparently. Tough for those who let him go.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Good news, indeed.
Petros wrote:...Lower pay but more income, apparently...
May I ask how he manages that? More hours, perhaps? Commissions? I know I would be just fine with my current pay, if only my income would increase a bit! :wink:
dv8
Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:17 am

I should ask him - our niece said it but gave no details. He was here yesterday, picking up some unwanted items - may they be useful. By his account, the cash is down a bit but it is more than worth it in less hasssle and frustration - I don't have to be solving everyone elses' problems, says he.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer