A New Equilibrium

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A New Equilibrium

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 am

Gradually we have been working out a way of life in the new place- which is nearly all good. As of Monday, Number 1 Son has been added to the equation, and while that also is seriously positive it forces us to start over, find a new balance for the flywheel.

And that is hard on all of us.

Prayer for a swift rebalancing appreciated.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: A New Equilibrium

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:41 am

Petros, wishing you all happiness as time progresses and you do indeed become settled into your new location.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:14 am

In the New Testament, the Greek word for 'trial' is often the same word also translated 'temptation.' Its translation, thus, has to do with context, with an underlying meaning of proving.

God desires to use your peirosmos to grow/prove (to you) your faith.

Satan desires to use your peirosmos as a means to weaken or destroy your faith.

The Lord AND Satan each have a design. I'm certain you know whose to follow and whose to shun. But the pure joy that God's trials are is often seen in hindsight as we've made it through them. Any trial will last only as long as God permits, for His purposes. Knowing there is a Supreme purpose, rejoice. When the balance seems off, be ready to forgive and be forgiven.

I don't know that my prayer for speedy equilibrium will do any good in this, but my prayers for your strength and wisdom through any imbalances very well may be a benefit.

Blessings all around, Petros! So glad you've made it to your new home.
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Petros,

My heart goes out to you.

After having been empty-nesters for a couple of years while our last child finished college, moved back in for a year, and then got married, we were empty-nesters again for about six months when our son ended up having to move back in with us until he finds a job that will allow him to be self-supporting. Along with having all of his "stuff" cram-packed into our garage, we are having to rearrange our lives and our "naked-time" around his schedule. This has become quite frustrating.

We are praying that he finds suitable employment so that we can get back to "normal" as soon as possible.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jim » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Petros, you are in my prayers. We, too, are in a similar situation after #2 son lost his job in California, so we know the positive and the hard parts. He hopes to head to China as an English tutor next month. We'll see.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:15 am

Thanks, Nathan, Jim. Our situation is a little different - we have moved into HIS house - the place and the situation new to all of us. Over all, it is good - in ways too complex to detail here. But yes - disruption disrupts things. Yesterday was better - it does move.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm

Praying for you, Petros.

What may the status be now :?: :cross:
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 am

Still a lot of adjustment, bracing for winter. We have made a lot of changes, and of course we feel that. And the income uncertainty is ongoing, though held off a while.

But we are both very glad to be here - saw a picture of the old place as it was shortly before departure - big horrified shudder.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer