The Testimony of Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Testimony of Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer

Postby OzTech » Sat May 09, 2020 10:31 am

All,

I figured it would be about time to provide some details about the current walk the Lord has been taking I and my wife through. Almost two months back we received confirmation that my wife has Stage 4 Ovarian cancer. She has always maintained that if she ever got cancer she would refuse treatment so as to avoid her children and grand children seeing her as some suffering shadow of her former self. Since the Covid-19 lock down her family has been unable to have very much contact with her and, with that prospect in view, she accepted chemo therapy (radiation was not appropriate). Without that treatment the doctor suggested she would only live another two or three months. It, apparently, is not curable at this time so she will die sooner that we could normally expect. She is totally in faith in all this and the prospect of dying is not an issue because she knows that her work here in this life is nearly finished and that, before to much longer, she will be present with our Lord Jesus. Prior to this she was asking God what her work is but His reply was not to worry about that but just be who she is.

Whoever she talks to know is encouraged by her testimony and faith that God has His hand on her life. At her last (2nd) treatment the nurse asked if she would do a survey. One question was, on a scale from 0 to 10, how much fear do you have? The question so surprised her she had to ask for it to be repeated. She said zero. The nurse was shocked so she told her 'I'm a born again, spirit filled Christian. God has every aspect of my life in His hands so I have absolutely no reason to fear anything.' The nurse told her that was wonderful. It would have certainly made her think about what it means to be a Christian. That is not a 'normal' response for a large portion of our society. Another member of our fellowship is also going through chemo and she has been encouragement to them also.

She will be going into surgery early in June (9th) to 'de-bulk' the cancer and remove all non-essential parts of her innards ("Hmm... Doc... what is this bit... does she need it?" "Er... dunno... lets ripped it out anyway... oops... put it back... quick!" :D ). It's major surgery and last major surgery she had on her back nearly killed her so the prayers we'll be saying is that it does not have anything like that happen again... but the Lord will have His way in that also... for her to die then may save her a lot of pain later... it's just a bit sooner than I or the rest of her family would like.

My wife has many things that make her life less comfortable now that when she was younger. She has constant pain from arthritis (back and shoulders), tinnitus, osteo-porossis (weakened bones), high blood pressure, reflux and the disability she was born with... I cannot remember what else. I am not looking forward to life without her but I do not begrudge her graduating from this life into one where all pain is gone and she has a glorified body. For her she, will go to sleep in this life and wake up in the next where everything is so amazing that we can not possible imagine it. I just hope that what ever time she has left we can make worthwhile for her. We have sister fellowships in many other parts of Oz which, whenever we travel, we try and visit to meet other members of our Church family. Hopefully after she recovers from her last treatment we will do another trip to Cairns and visit several fellowships. It might be to say goodbye. Another cruise would also be nice... probably a good time to get cheap fares and the most notorious ship for Covid-19 (that would be the Ruby Princess down under) would probably be the one most sterlized.
If all else fails.... read the instructions
OzTech
Native Resident

Re: The Testimony of Stage 4 Ovarian Cancer

Postby naturist » Sat May 09, 2020 5:30 pm

Thank you OzTech for sharing your wife's testimony with us. Its wonderful to see what strong faith she has. I'm sorry for this rough time she and your family are going through. I pray she will continue in her strong faith and continue to provide encouragement to others. And she will be well enough to be able to do those things you hope to do. :pray:
naturist
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun May 10, 2020 6:43 am

Prayers for strength, right vision, and God's outcome. He is in charge.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun May 10, 2020 9:46 am

Your wife, your family, and you will be in my prayers. Her testimony is powerful.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Mon May 11, 2020 5:25 am

Dear OzTech,

I am deeply moved by your wife's story & the couragous responses, from both of you, to this dreadful news. Like others on here, I shall be praying for you both & the extended family. I take comfort in knowing that although I am on the other side of the world the prayer of faith surpasses those boundaries. May you all know God's abundant presence with you during these difficult days.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:31 pm

So sorry to hear this, OzTech, but will be praying for you and your wife as it appears the surgery date nears. I am inspired by your wife's faith.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:11 pm

OzTech, I’m sorry to be so late in offering my condolences to you, your wife, and your family but just saw this post since I’ve not been active here since at least mid-March. I know you’re suffering from the pain of your impending loss but hope your belief, along with your wife’s faith, will give you the strength you need during this time.

Best wishes in your time of need.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 pm

OzTech,

It has been a while.

Is there any update on how your wife is doing?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby OzTech » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:23 am

Well... I have been waiting to see how things go with my wife.

There have been a few points of concern over her chemo treatment. After the first and second treatment she had severe bone pain but a heavy dose of magnesium seemed to sort that out. About a week after the 4th treatment she blacked out with low blood count and needed 2 units of blood. About the same period after the 5th one she got a message to get into hospital immediately because her blood counts were down to a critical level. More blood and then again some more 5 days later when her blood counts dropped again. Her last treatment was delayed a couple of week but she has finally finished chemo. Oncologist is satisfied with the result. Still some cancer remains on her lungs and in her abdomen. They decided that surgery to remove all likely source in her abdomen is of little value so she will not have to go through a major op and the recovery afterwards. The cancer is not gone and will probably return but she has, for her family's sake, prolonged her time with us. The hope is that the treatment has slowed it down but it seemed to be fairly aggressive so we will see what happens.

We do not know when God will take her home but we take things a day at a time until then. A couple of years would be good, more better, but whatever time we now have is a bonus. The early oncology appointment indicated she might only have a couple of months without treatment... she would probably be dead now if not for the chemotherapy.

The Stage 4 Covid 19 lock down in Melbourne has been good for her... kept her away from any possible virus's which, if she'd caught anything, might have killed her when she has had no immunity.

The main thing we are thankful for is that every where she goes she is a testimony to the Lord. People are amazed how peaceful she is when faced with death and how her faith in God is sustaining her through this time. She is not preaching to them but just tells them she has a strong faith in God and that this is all just a part of His plan for her. So... it will be sad to lose her but, in terms of eternity, a couple more decades or so without here will seem to go just as quickly as the last two that I have been married to her. We will be part of that great multitude before the throne of God in only a little while.
If all else fails.... read the instructions
OzTech
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:56 am

OzTech, while I'm sorry for your wife's continuing battle with cancer I'm glad to know she and you are at peace with her situation. I hope she will be as comfortable as possible for whatever time she has left.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:55 am

OzTech,

Thanks for the update; know that I, & others on here, are continuing to pray for you, your wife and your wider family.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:01 am

It's good to hear of her continued faith and her sharing it with others. God is with her whatever happens.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Prayers continue Oztech. Glad to hear the faith in which you are both walking.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer