Tracing the Yellow Brick Road

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Tracing the Yellow Brick Road

Postby Ramblinman » Mon May 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Petros wrote:
Around here, developers are knocking down old houses on big lots, dividing the lots and putting up 4 bedroom houses on 1/4 acre lots and selling each for $500K.

NOT how our township council operates, unfortunately.

Your friend's case is not far from ours. But with us, it is not the nuclear facility but the fertilizer plant about a mile upwind.

I could pray that the wind shift, that the plant go out of business,
but your needs for moving are legion, so...
we shall pray that the realtor work harder, that the Lord lead the right buyers to your home and that the closing come to pass quickly.

I don't know how you survive those winters, in terms of comfort as well as budget.
I have been to Boston in January and though the snow was deep and lovely,
I was more than eager to return to sunny Dixie for the rest of the winter.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon May 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Cuts both ways - I have cycled nude in the snow and like to died from the heat. You do get used to things - woman from around here took a job in Florida, only two years later visiting family felt like a block of dry ice.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue May 31, 2016 9:24 am

Petros wrote:Cuts both ways - I have cycled nude in the snow and like to died from the heat. You do get used to things - woman from around here took a job in Florida, only two years later visiting family felt like a block of dry ice.

I asked one of my kinsfolk how she survived northern winters.
Her reply: Don't give yourself cabin fever; bundle up and get out and seek as much daylight as a northern winter will provide.
Otherwise the confinement and gloom indoors far outweigh the discomfort of being out in the snow.
But she did not venture out when it was 20 below.
If I lived where you do, I think I would build a large conservatory filled with green plants.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 pm

Which is not a bad idea. For some years - our market gardening phase - we had a small but good greenhouse. Winters not much beyond pansies survive even with some [not much] night heat, but on a sunny day - even with cold and wind it was a nice space, wam and bright.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:33 am

We are still marking time waiting for someone to realize how perfect this place is. Monday time is up, and the place we initially bid on goes of the market. Prayer solicited for a happy and timely buyer, and for selecting the right alternative destination.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Petros wrote:We are still marking time waiting for someone to realize how perfect this place is. Monday time is up, and the place we initially bid on goes of the market. Prayer solicited for a happy and timely buyer, and for selecting the right alternative destination.

I would have fired that realtor. They are supposed to work for that hefty commission.
Otherwise you could be showing it yourself and pocket the difference.

One of the realtors in this area says, "If I can't sell your house in 60 days, I'll buy it myself for full market price."
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm

There's one of those around here too - I think there is some sort of agreement that restricts it to one "Sell it or buy it" realtor per region.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:23 am

Petros wrote:There's one of those around here too - I think there is some sort of agreement that restricts it to one "Sell it or buy it" realtor per region.

Well, I suppose we could tar and feather the realtor, but it ain't gonna get that house of yours any closer to sold!
Praying!!!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:00 am

Prayer is good. Pastor Jerry [a better man than parts of his theology] liked to tell how the board of Dallas Seminary assembled at a financial crisis. Lord, prays the president, you own the cattle on a thousand hills. We need cash!

Knock on the door from the secretary. In the phone a prominent rancher who wants to plump some of his money down in their laps.

We apre praying, trusting, and watchng and listening for signs.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:11 pm

This sort of thing happens with my wife's prayers all the time.

The other day, our cat had lost its collar which has a bell which allows us to find him when we let him run outside (small cat, excellent hawk bait. We only allow him to go outside if we are in the yard.) We looked all over the house and couldn't find his collar. We summized that he must have lost it outside. We looked all around outside and could not see it. We stopped and prayed for God to show us where the collar was. Within a couple minutes my wife found it in a dense clump of Mexican petunias.

On Saturday, I was working on a piece of electronics that needed to be delivered the next day. It would not work and I was scouring through the schematics, trying to figure out what the problem was, but could not figure it out. So I set it aside. Sensing my frustration, my wife stepped into a closet and asked God to help me with the problem. Suddenly, I thought of one area I had not examined, and sure enough, I found the problem and repaired the unit.

I can hardly count the number of times we have been frustrated about something and she will say, "Let's just stop and pray about this.", and our prayer is answered, if not immediately, within a very short time.

At the same time, there are things, such as seeing some of our family and friends come to a saving knowledge of Christ, that God seems to be taking His good old time about answering. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:20 pm

At the same time, there are things, such as seeing some of our family and friends come to a saving knowledge of Christ, that God seems to be taking His good old time about answering.

You can say that again!
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 am

Petros wrote:
At the same time, there are things, such as seeing some of our family and friends come to a saving knowledge of Christ, that God seems to be taking His good old time about answering.

You can say that again!

God is not the slow one here!
Satan and those duped by him are offering strong resistance to the glorious truth, no matter how beautiful that truth seems to us.
Because true love necessitates free will and free will cannot exist if God were to swoop down and stop people from their self-delusion.
But even free will has its limits.
Jesus must return to right some wrongs in person.
Our prayers for individual redemption will be answered with thunder as he comes to restore the entire world to the authority of his kingdom.
I know that when we pray, "Come quickly, Lord Jesus!" that could spell sudden destruction for our wayward sons and daughters.
Yet Jesus must eventually call an end to this dark kingdom before all of humanity is destroyed in the conflagration of man's own doing.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:13 am

My desires have OFTEN been in conflict with the Lord's timing, but like everything else about Him, including His will, it's perfect.

Too often i see that perfection in hindsight, and in the meantime learn patience, and slowly and imperfectly gain understanding :-).

May the Lord bring about what is best for everyone involved in this, Petros!
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:56 am

Too often i see that perfection in hindsight

This house. Took us a few years to find, another year to move in. When we started we looked at a place. Nice lot out in the country, decent house, a big shed with an office built in it. Tempting.

Heard the word : If you really want it, I'll give it to you. But if you can wait, I have something better.

It was maybe 8 years later, I was walking around our place. Comfortable house, on a nice bit of lad in the country, a big shed, and inside my office I had just built with my own hands the year before. THAT is when 20-20 hindsight kicked in - THIS is the "someplace better"
Petros
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 pm

Petros wrote:...Heard the word : If you really want it, I'll give it to you. But if you can wait, I have something better...

I wish (sometimes) i could hear the way you do. I'm still at the "Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I know that we all have different paths even though sometimes they intersect with others and even run jointly for a while. It seems mine is one wherein the "I have something better" must wait for Glory -- a better place than even Oz. And that's quite alright :-).
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Worship in Prayer