Nothing more certain

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Nothing more certain

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Petros wrote:And that is through this - empty echoing rooms, full aching days and all - the only thing that keeps me from collapsing or running about shouting "The sky is falling" like Chicken Little with his head cut off.

A visit to the chiropractor yesterday did help a lot of the ache.

After the fictional town of Anatevka is destroyed by a pogrom, Tevye the Milkman says to the rabbi, "We have waited out entire lives for the coming of the Messiah. Wouldn't this be a good time for him to come?"
The rabbi wistfully responds, "We'll just have to wait for him somewhere else."
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Fine by me if it really is possible!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Petros wrote:Fine by me if it really is possible!

Life brings changes, including changes in residence for the willing and the unwilling.
Waiting for Messiah somewhere else... there doesn't seem to be any alternative for you.
You can wait patiently or wait impatiently, but either way it will be somewhere else.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Worship in Prayer