Remember Aram?

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Remember Aram?

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:36 pm

My young coworker, that is, with the strong anxious / depressive street. Marqos, another associate, in his 80s, one of the most likable and respected associates I have knowm, Aram's mentor, just went on ahead after about two years of illness. Which of course thrusts Aram closer to despair. We had a long phone conversation about issues and techniques tonight. Marqos' sons - who men both very likable and strong in the Lord - will I think take it in stride, though of course it is always a shock. But Aram will need serious prayer for faith, for hope.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Remember Aram?

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:55 am

Petros wrote:My young coworker, that is, with the strong anxious / depressive street. Marqos, another associate, in his 80s, one of the most likable and respected associates I have knowm, Aram's mentor, just went on ahead after about two years of illness. Which of course thrusts Aram closer to despair. We had a long phone conversation about issues and techniques tonight. Marqos' sons - who men both very likable and strong in the Lord - will I think take it in stride, though of course it is always a shock. But Aram will need serious prayer for faith, for hope.

If I lived on a depressive street, I would move.

The longer we live, the more likely we will lose our seniors and peers.
There is grief on every occasion that we lose one, but there is no alternative to bouncing back and cherishing what good we can find.
It seems incumbent upon us all to forge new friendships with younger folks and maintain as many family ties as we can, barring the difficult, thorny ones.
And yes, we can pray for those with personality disorders.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Re: Remember Aram?

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 am

I have urged him to seek non-chemical help - wouldn't you know it, when he has been prescribed Helium nitrite or whatever it has made him worse. And to practice techniques of lifting his mind off the track. He actually has a lot of understanding and resources - when he remembers to breathe, which at first onslaught can be hard.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer