Number 1 Son on the Mountain

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Number 1 Son on the Mountain

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:08 pm

Y en el monte - nada, nada, nada dice San Juan de la Cruz.
He drove the team's newly acquired truck up to the piece of land in the Colorado mountains that pertains to his musical associate. Over roadway newly strewn by the authorities with what he describes as rocks. One chunk of which flew up and breached the oil pan or something like. Which has stranded him until help can arrive.

He has a working phone and seems to be safe and provided with provisions - But I see cause for prayer in this.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Number 1 Son on the Mountain

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:32 am

Well, they are the Rocky Mountains. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:03 am

True enough - but in your [plural] likde of work it might be preferable to rock AND roll.

On which note - a correction, it is not the newly acquired truck, it is the rather aging Honda.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:56 am

Petros wrote:True enough - but in your [plural] likde of work it might be preferable to rock AND roll...
Not on the rare occasions that I drive! :shock: :oops: :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:28 pm

I should update that he is safely down from the mountain and the breached oil pan is being repaired. The old one may be dedicated to Tin Pan alley?
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Petros wrote:...The old one may be dedicated to Tin Pan alley?
:lol: :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Petros wrote:Y en el monte - nada, nada, nada dice San Juan de la Cruz.
He drove the team's newly acquired truck up to the piece of land in the Colorado mountains that pertains to his musical associate. Over roadway newly strewn by the authorities with what he describes as rocks. One chunk of which flew up and breached the oil pan or something like. Which has stranded him until help can arrive.

He has a working phone and seems to be safe and provided with provisions - But I see cause for prayer in this.

Glad he's safe now, but it seems obvious to me that much of Colorado is too rugged for human safety and should be roped off.
And the winters! Around here, frost on the windshield of the cars causes utter panic, followed by a stampede to the grocery store.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Ramblinman wrote:... it seems obvious to me that much of Colorado is too rugged for human safety and should be roped off...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chicago should be roped off for human safety too, but for other reasons :oops: :(
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:05 pm

c.o. wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:... it seems obvious to me that much of Colorado is too rugged for human safety and should be roped off...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chicago should be roped off for human safety too, but for other reasons :oops: :(

Far too true - the dear boy put in some years in Chicago before he went west, young man. He found the parts he was residing in scary and depressing.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:08 pm

Around here, frost on the windshield of the cars causes utter panic, followed by a stampede to the grocery store.

Yep. The year we were in Austin, to which I owe much though it was far from fun at the time, one day there was a dusting - MIGHT have come to a quarter inch accumulation where it drifted - they shut down the schools and probably most of the businesses. People madly rushing to get chains n their tires.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:10 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
Petros wrote:Y en el monte - nada, nada, nada dice San Juan de la Cruz.

Glad he's safe now, but it seems obvious to me that much of Colorado is too rugged for human safety and should be roped off.
And the winters! Around here, frost on the windshield of the cars causes utter panic, followed by a stampede to the grocery store.
Ha! We don't even notice snow unless it's a foot or more deep. 8)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:19 pm

Depends on the texture - 2-3 inches - wet stuff - driving home from town had the car turned 180 degrees. I grant you, on foot it takes more as that.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:13 am

Snow? What is the big deal? It is white, powdery, cold, melts, and is slippery on some occasions. It is just a matter of what you are knowledgeable about. In Colorado my mother said they never used chains in the winter time. Two years ago I drove 200 miles in Iowa in sub freezing weather with snow storms and had no problems with snow or ice. But, in California most people do not know what snow is and are in too much of a hurry, so, they enforce chain use and people still slide off the road.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 am

I sometimes believe the papers; I'm still waiting to hear California has slid off the road into the Pacific.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:08 am

Petros wrote:
Around here, frost on the windshield of the cars causes utter panic, followed by a stampede to the grocery store.

Yep. The year we were in Austin, to which I owe much though it was far from fun at the time, one day there was a dusting - MIGHT have come to a quarter inch accumulation where it drifted - they shut down the schools and probably most of the businesses. People madly rushing to get chains n their tires.

Sounds like the way most of Texas treats a little snow, when we happen to get it. :lol:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer