Job 19:26

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Job 19:26

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 am

And yesterday my eye exam and the too long feared news - I have cararacts. Me, with the world's biggest DO NOT TIOUCH MY EYES phobia.

No need to do anything now, she says, come back next year, she says.

And I need prayer to handle the news, prayer for a way out or a way through.

Strength and trust.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Job 19:26

Postby c.o. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:31 am

Father, thank you that our friend knows where to turn in times of distress! Thank you that he knows the Source of all comfort and the cause for all joy; that he understands this life is a breath and the Life to come is forever free from this world's trouble.

Thank you that you are faithful to meet our every need; your grace is sufficient, you are constantly present, even when sometimes we see these only in hindsight. "Blessed are those who have not seen, but believe." This is us, and the fact that you give us this faith is a testimony to your reality.

Thank you that our trials are measured, and designed to conform us daily, more and more, into the image of your Son, who is our peace.

Thank you that you WILL see us, protect us and guide us through every trial, the ultimate ends of which are glory.

Father, bring healing where it is needed, strength when we are weak, and trust as we face what is unknown to us; the ends of which you have known from the beginning. Amen!

Bless you, Petros.
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:46 am

Petros, both my wife and I have had cataracts removed from our eyes (she both and me one, so far) without discomfort. They were removed via laser and nothing ever contacted our eyeballs except the liquid anesthetia which was dropped into them. The clarity immediately after the procedure was amazing.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Dear Petros,

I will pray now, & offer ongoing prayers for you as you face this hurdle; mainly that you will be granted the grace & strength to jump it cleanly & land, running, on the other side.

I know from my experience of heart surgery that being told they do this thousands of times doesn't really when you're doing it for the first time! Everyday stuff to skilled medical types, & it is, is still troubling to the soul when you're the one going through it. Paul tells us '... we have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love & a sound mind/self control...' Phobias are defeatable & you have a while yet to get yours conquered. Grace & peace be with you.
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

I too have those dastardly cataracts. Had them for about 5 years and only thing they do is make things a bit dimmer. Doc won't even do anything with them until they are rip (whatever that is).

Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 am

Thanks much - as they say in WI - all. Ripe? I picture a pear that has started to go mushy. I don't want ripening. Fot about a year, seeing has been worse. I am focussing on trust for now - though I wwill take miraculous clearing ant time!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:37 pm

They were removed via laser and nothing ever contacted our eyeballs

What is the name of this procedure? My eye doctor said I am developing a little one too.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Prayer