Prayer for my son

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Prayer for my son

Postby RMOlson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Please pray for my 17 y/o son. We have been dealing with a lot of behavioral issues since he came to live with us at the age of 2. He is about to be 17. Many of the early issues, that we and his therapists thought he had a handle on, are reemerging with a vengeance and some violence.
He is in a court ordered program that was to keep him from having a record. Since starting this program he has gotten worse. It is at the point that I cannot trust him at home alone. I am concerned that when I am not home he may become violent with his mom and sister if he doesn’t get “his way”.
He has earned only 2 academic credits toward his high school diploma and is in his second year as a freshman. At this rate he will not graduate before he is 21. His Therapist has suggested that if he continues this current path that we pull him from school make him get a job at the end of this term and then have him leave the house at age 18.
We feel broken.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Re: Prayer for my son

Postby webmeister » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:34 am

RMOlson just read today's Verse of the Day - seems applicable:
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. — James 1:12
Prayers for your son, but also prayers for your family. I pray for God's comfort, strength and wisdom be provided for you all. God Bless.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Prayer going up.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Englishman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Here too mate; that's a big one to carry, we understand 'son' problems in this house. May His grace be at work in all of you.
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Thank You
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:25 am

Having an adult son at home with mental health problems, I feel a lot of empathy for your situation. I'm praying for you and your family.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:42 am

Seek guidance for the safety of the rest of your family.
I am friends with a family in a similar situation and they found it necessary to move with no forwarding address.
That is rather extreme, but they have found safety and happiness, though saddened by the necessary separation from their psychotic son.
God moved Mary and Joseph to flee Herod's wrath and they found sanctuary in Egypt for a while.
May God give you guidance in your own unique situation.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:50 pm

RMOlson, you and your whole family are in my prayers. :cross:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am

My first thought was - acceptance speaks volumes.

Not acceptance of his behavior, but acceptance of him as a person. The therapist's suggestion of having your son move out at 18 could give him a feeling of rejection, rather than acceptance. If you feel this may become the best option to maintain peace in your home, then a move-out would need to be mutually agreed on, rather than him feeling like he's being "thrown out", with his understanding that your love for him remains unconditional.

Praying for a beneficial outcome! Please keep us updated.

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:34 pm

I want To thank all of you.
We try to make sure that Jadon has always understood that he was and is chosen, But, that his actions have consequences. His therapist is also reinforcing that idea. He is free to continue to live here after he turns 18 as long as he live by the house rules. If he continues to not follow those rules he is choosing to leave.
I will say that if he opts for that choice, that would not ease the worry my wife and I have for him, it would most likely increase it as we would not know even less of what he is getting himself into.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:14 pm

I want to thank everyone! It truly means a lot to me.
I would also like to give you an up date on events of the past few days. Yesterday, Jadon received a 5.5 day suspension fro attacking another student and in the course of that punched a female student above the left breast. He shows no signs of remorse, even finding the whole situation amusing. We do not yet know if the other parents will file assault charges. Even if they don’t file charges he will be required to appear in juvenile court again because this isn’t a clear violation of his current court ordered program. He will be 17 in three weeks, the judge has already told him that if he gets in trouble after his birthday he will automatically be moved up to superior court and charged as an adult. As part of our punishment we are requiring him to do community service at the animal shelter the entire time he is out of school, which includes next weeks spring break and the following weeks suspension.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Prayers continuing for you, Jadon, and everyone else involved in this situation.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 am

I'm still praying, mate. A quick thought; I know nothing about your church background but I wondered if there are ex-prisoners in your congregation who may be able to tell Jadon the unvarnished truth of incarceration?
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:24 am

RMOlson wrote:As part of our punishment we are requiring him to do community service at the animal shelter the entire time he is out of school, which includes next weeks spring break and the following weeks suspension.

Is he under constant supervision at the animal shelter? How is the community service going?
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 pm

nudie66 wrote:
RMOlson wrote:As part of our punishment we are requiring him to do community service at the animal shelter the entire time he is out of school, which includes next weeks spring break and the following weeks suspension.

Is he under constant supervision at the animal shelter? How is the community service going?

He is supervised most of the time and seems to be doing well there. The director is a friend of mine and doesn’t put up with any junk.
It has not changed his behavior or attitude. We continue to find him stealing and lieing. He still has no remorse for the assault and thinks we are over reacting.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer