Would appreciate prayer

Members are invited to post their prayer requests, and lift up their prayers on behalf of one another. Please start a new thread for each request.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Would appreciate prayer

Postby Dracofyre » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:23 pm

The results from my prostate biopsy are back and it seems I have a moderately aggressive form of prostate cancer. The chance that it has spread beyond the prostate are around 2%, so the prognosis is good, however it isnt one of those slow cancers that we can wait and watch. I'll be getting an operation for its removal in January. Im not really that worried about it, but the stress from it has caused my ability to concentrate to go down the drain. I'm taking a rapid learning Biblical Hebrew course and not being able to concentrate is causing me to fall behind. So, along with whatever you would pray about cancer, please pray for peace of mind and that I can get my ability to concentrate back. I really need the Hebrew to do my job well. Thanks to all of you for standing with me, and your own prostate stories, good and bad, are definately welcome. Blessings.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Re: Would appreciate prayer

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm sorry to learn there's even the 2% chance the cancer may spread. I certainly hope the surgery in January will resolve the issue(s) for you Draycofyre. It's understandable you're having difficulty concentrating in light of the new you've received. i'm sure many here will send up prayers for you both for a fully successful surgery as well as peace of mind so you may focus on your course in Hebrew. Best wishes.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:09 am

Praying. Studying Hebrew while having this concern must be difficult. Don't forget James 5.14-15.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Praying for healing, peace of mind and your concentration abilities! Please keep us informed.

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Praying for you!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks all for your notes and prayers. My ability to concentrate has been returning, thanks. Now it seems that Im working through Kubler-Ross' stages of grief with feelings of depression and anger which seem unattached to anything, but Im pretty sure it is the cancer. Getting ready for a trip to Brasil next month to work with my team. The are great folks, so Im looking forward to the work.
Blessings
John
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:38 am

Not to forget - praying of course - my cousin in law, grear guy, good bit younger as I am has been dealing with Prostate cancer a fe years now.

Currently he is rallying - but talking it easy.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:27 pm

I'll be getting surgery on Feb 10th to have my prostate removed. The chances are 98% that, given my PSA and Gleason scores, the cancer has not spread. So taking out the prostate should put an end to the cancer, though, of course, the doctor will contine to monitor me. The surgery is more exact than it was 10 years ago, so that I have a 60% chance that, after 6 months of recovery, I will be able to get an erection again. There is some chance of incontinence, greater just after the operation, but a good chance that that will go away within a year, but not guareenteed. I dont much care for the side effects but they are preferable to cancer. Thanks for your prayers, brothers.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:29 am

I dont much care for the side effects but they are preferable to cancer.

As my brother would tell you. Hang in there. Praying - God brings good even out of the likes of this.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks for that Pedro. God does have a habit of causing all things to work together. Piper wrote a book that I plan to read called "Dont waste your cancer" The title intriges me.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Dracofyre, sorry it’s taken so long for me to respond to this. I will be in prayer for you, and the surgeon that you have a good outcome and that all side effects would be avoided or temporary
God bless you brother
Jim
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:51 pm

Prayers are continuing!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 pm

nakedpreacher wrote:Dracofyre, sorry it’s taken so long for me to respond to this. I will be in prayer for you, and the surgeon that you have a good outcome and that all side effects would be avoided or temporary
God bless you brother
Jim

Thanks Jim,
Im sure you know more about fighting cancer than I do. Your prayers mean a lot to me. Please know that you are in my prayers as well. Blessings
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:11 pm

RMOlson wrote:Prayers are continuing!

Thanks brother, that means a lot to me. Btw, if you ever come back to the area let me know. I dont know if it could be nude time together, but Id definitely like to meet.
Blessings
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Just an update: I heard today from ab infrequent contact, a college days friend whose husband - maybe 2 years past my age - I have also known/liked/respected since that time. She tells me in about a three year stretch he has had prostate surgery, cataract surgery and hip replacements. And he is well and functional. So look up and trust.
Petros
Native Resident

Next

Return to Worship in Prayer