Just Another Man.

Members are invited to offer their thoughts on a portion of scripture or offer a meditation on some aspect of God and God's work in the world. Short sermons are also invited. Remember, this is a worship center; please keep your thoughts worshipful, and start a new thread for each new item.<P>Only Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Just Another Man.

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:24 pm

This is one of the many phrases I've heard in reference to Jesus. So who is Jesus really? If He is "just another man" then why did God say in Luke 1:32, "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God gave unto him the throne of his father David."? If He's "just another man" then how did He heal the sick and lame, give sight to the blind, walk on water, change water to wine, cast out devils, and raise the dead?

If He is "just another man" then why did God say, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."? God certainly never said that about anyone else. If He is "just another man" then how and why did He rise from the dead? If He is "just another man" then why is it that nearly 2,000 years after His death millions worship and follow Him and would willingly give their very lives for Him as many have done? If He is "just another man" then how does the mere mention of His name bring peace to the troubled soul, hope to the hopeless, joy to a fearful heart, and contentment to those searching for it? If He is "just another man" then how is it that although many have tried to stamp out His name by persecuting, imprisoning and killing His followers, He is still followed by millions who swear that "There is SOMETHING about that name"? If He is "just another man" then how is that devils tremble at the mention of His name? Has any other name ever brought so much fear to the hearts and minds of so many, and yet also brought joy, peace, happiness and contement to so many others?

If He is "just another man" then why do millions long to see One that they have never seen? Why is that so many long to see His appearing? Why is that so many look forward to a home where they've never been and only have the word in a Book that it exists? If He is "just another man" then why do millions sing about Him with such joy and rapture in their faces and tears streaming down? If He is "just another man" then what has put this peace deep in my soul? He is NOT "just another man" as so many millions will testify. Believing and trusting in the name of Jesus takes away all fear and replaces it with joy, peace, and contentment, none of which the world and ALL that it has to offer can give.

People search throughout the world and try so many things to have what God offers for free just by trusting in the name of Jesus. If He is "just another man" then how can trusting in His name do what all of the world's possessions cannot? How can the mere mention of the name of Jesus do what nothing else can do? I can't explain it, but I am SO thankful that I know the One called Jesus.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Alfie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:36 pm

Praise be to the Son of God.
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby LivingFree » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:50 pm

And I would add to that, if He is just another man, then why didn't someone find his body after he died? And why does 1/3rd of the whole world follow his in one way or another, while the next most popular religion has only half as many followers. Truly, "there is something about that man" that is more than fiction. I've known Him for over 60 years, and he's my closest friend.
LivingFree

Postby bnlrndcplmd » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:53 am

Ditto on all accounts. Even from the perspective of logic, many things come and go, live and die and are never heard from again other than maybe an inkling in a history book that is often also forgotten or thrown away. But our Lord and Savior lives on from generation to generation without end and without change. Despite the numerous attempts to discredit who he was and is, (how the commercial world tries to cover him over with Santa and the stupid Easter Bunny), he continues to live and live and I am grateful that he lives within me!

Besides, who else can boast they have been on the best seller list since it was first created...In a worldly sense that, in it self speaks volumes.
BILL
II COR 5:7
bnlrndcplmd
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Devotional Thoughts