Well, a thought...

Members are invited to offer their thoughts on a portion of scripture or offer a meditation on some aspect of God and God's work in the world. Short sermons are also invited. Remember, this is a worship center; please keep your thoughts worshipful, and start a new thread for each new item.<P>Only Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Well, a thought...

Postby Petros » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:28 am

Selecting an appropriate classification is often the hardest thing, especialli if your thoughts are at times a bit off the wall.

But of late, looking at what is going on in the world, we have been VERY much aware of Luke 6:22-23:

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your
reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

I am an unrepentant fan [though not partisan or advocate] of the KJV.

On another site, a brother whom I greatly value posted a Christmas greeting carefully and obviously designed with no motive but caritas. To which he received a plurality of mocking or dismissive or openly antagonistic replies.

We in 21st century Western civilization should feel we have good reason to leap for joy.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: Well, a thought...

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:07 am

Petros wrote:On another site, a brother whom I greatly value posted a Christmas greeting carefully and obviously designed with no motive but caritas. To which he received a plurality of mocking or dismissive or openly antagonistic replies.
I think you will have to elaborate on this a bit. Not recognizing the word "caritas" I looked it up on Wikipedia and the large variety of meanings left me still in doubt as to what your brother intended to convey. Perhaps you are not familiar with the breadth of meanings for this word. While the common theme of the majoity of the definitions is obvious, which one to apply in respect to your comment above is not clear at all.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Well, a thought...

Postby Petros » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:33 am

1 Corinthians 13 is all I intended.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Devotional Thoughts