HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY - 2014

Members are invited to offer their thoughts on a portion of scripture or offer a meditation on some aspect of God and God's work in the world. Short sermons are also invited. Remember, this is a worship center; please keep your thoughts worshipful, and start a new thread for each new item.<P>Only Native Residents may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY - 2014

Postby natman » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 am

There are three day of the year that I believe we have great cause for celebration.

1. Christmas
2. Good Friday
3. Resurrection Sunday

Although we do not know the exact day of the year that Jesus was born, and there is great speculation that He was likely born in either the spring or fall because of the required trip to Bethlehem, we celebrate His birth because without it, there would be no death and no resurrection.

I am tossed about which is more important for us to celebrate, Good Friday or Resurrection Sunday.

Good Friday is a celebration of the one day throughout all of history that changed the course of history for all mankind for it is upon the death of Christ that our sins are forgiven. It is by His blood that those who would accept Jesus as Lord and Savior are justified before God.

However, it is upon Resurrection Sunday that the realization of eternal life is made manifest in our Risen Lord. It is upon this day that we KNOW we have the promise of life everlasting in the presence of our Lord and our God.

Let us celebrate that our loving God has provided a Way out of the darkness and into His Holy light.

Sing, dance, rejoice, worship and look ever forward and never back. AMEN?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY - 2014

Postby firefighter » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 pm

AMEN!!!!!!
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:27 pm

I listened to Christmas carols this morning while I was getting ready for church. All three days are vitally-important to our salvation. Without the Incarnation (Christmas), the crucifixion would not have been possible, and without the crucifixion, there would have been no need for our Lord to rise again.

I am naked and unashamed in Christ!!

Steve :cross:
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:38 am

Here the Messiah - which covers all three.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:22 am

[quote="Petros"]Here the Messiah - which covers all three.[/quote]
Also listened to Handel's Messiah. Hallelujah! For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth!
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 am

Petros wrote:Here the Messiah - which covers all three.

I once led a Bible study on the scriptures used in the Messiah--as clear and cogent a Gospel presentation as any I've ever seen. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:48 am

Much of Handel flits by me - weighter than Vivaldi, but Bach or Telemann he ain't. But the Messiah is inspired genius
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Worship in Devotional Thoughts