The Talk

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

The Talk

Postby Petros » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Today - at last - I had The Talk with Number One Son.

The joys of heredity. I am a would be nude; I have two parents with no known nudity concerns. A nevernude sister, a willing to be nude and recorded as topless sister, two brothers with no known nudity concerns. Herself is a serious nevernude; she has a sister known to have operated in house in underwear, one brother happy to be public in speedo, five brothers with no known nudity concerns.

So: The Lad with that heredity tells me he prefers sleeping with less and is uncomfortable with more, gets fewer nudity opportunities than I - he is not compelled to make them - but really enjoys it when he has the chance. Which puts him closer to me than my sister or Herself's brother.

Interestingly, his cousin Nice Niece Liesl has said a few things that suggest she has nudity level not far from his.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Re: The Talk

Postby jochanaan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:23 pm

It is really amazing how families differ in this, and how little we incline to talk about it.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:28 am

I am frankly amazed that I have been able to get responses from as many as i have.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:21 am

Petros wrote:Today - at last - I had The Talk with Number One Son.

Dad and I never had "The Talk", just reached a point where I was comfortable sitting in the sauna with him after a few uncomfortable years when I listened to my prudish peers too much.
I am glad he lived long enough to see that I had returned to my senses.
Dad was not nudist, but "clothing casual" certainly and "no clothing at all" from time to time.
He and Mom visited a nudist resort when I was a teenager.
It was out of state when they were visiting an old family friend.
I was mortified at the time, but had a complete change of attitude as I matured.
Not everyone who grows older grows wiser. Wish that the two were better linked.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Not everyone who grows older grows wiser. Wish that the two were better linked.

You can say that again - of course there is the old bit - how much less I know than I did as a teen.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Family issues