My Wife Defends my Love for Nudity

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Wife Defends my Love for Nudity

Postby nudie66 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:55 pm

There are a few different topics intermingled here, but you'll get the point soon enough... since all things work together for good...

Most of this has been greatly reduced to "get to the point". Wife & I have been married just over a year. She's 47, I'm 50. No children from either of our previous marriages. Wife is considering adoption. Wife's family lives in the Bahamas. Large family tree - it's common for relatives to care for nieces/nephews when the sibling count becomes a bit burdensome financially. Wife's one nephew (close to becoming a teenager) wants to pursue either music or Mortuary Science (or a combination of both? Whoops, I digress already...)

Nephew really loves his aunt (pronounced "ont") and Uncle Warren (that's me), and would like to come to the U.S. to live with us to help with his career choices (not many opportunities on the islands). Wife is considering legal adoption (this could be years down the road) to afford him all America has to offer. One topic the wife brought up with her sister (the nephew's mom) is that Uncle Warren is a nudist, and the nephew would have to accept that I will be nude around the house.

I share this with you, just because I am so thankful that my wife would stand up for, and defend my nudist preferences, even with the idea of a family member who is strong in his Christian faith (possibly tainting the innocence of naturism) living here in the future. I am very grateful for her.

Anyone have a similar story?
nudie66
Native Resident

Re: My Wife Defends my Love for Nudity

Postby RMOlson » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm

It is great that she is on your side! My wife and I made a decision/commitment when we got married that we would always have the others back whether against family, friends or the rest of the world!
RMOlson
Permanent Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:36 am

Congratulations Nudie on having a wife who supports your Naturist ways.
Mjim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:57 am

I am not sure what you are concerned about. Being strong in your faith sends a strong positive message, regardless of your nudist interests or activities. Are you concerned about whether adopting your nephew is a good idea, whether your nephew can handle your nudist activities, the degree to which your wife supports your nudist activities, or something different?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 am

New_Adventurer wrote:I am not sure what you are concerned about. ...

I apologize if my post came across as a concern. My point of sharing was only to state that I am thankful that my wife would defend my nudism, especially when having a close relative stay here, instead of bowing down to the common opinion of the other Christian family members who say, "Christians shouldn't be nude around others."

As Hee Haw always ended their shows, "That's all!"
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:26 pm

How blessed you both are, Warren and RMOlsen! (And other men on this forum too...) :) :like:

My hope and prayer is that I would be similarly blessed when that time comes.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Maverick wrote:My hope and prayer is that I would be similarly blessed when that time comes.

Somewhere a Christian young lady awaits her prince.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:13 am

I concur, once more quoting "What's for you won't go by you."
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm also hoping my nephew will take to naturism himself in the process.
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 am

nudie66 wrote:I'm also hoping my nephew will take to naturism himself in the process.
Given that your wife presented naturism in a confident, unapologetic manner, I think it likely he will at least give it some thought. May you have opportunities to share your understanding with him further!

So far there hasn't been anyone that my wife has "defended" my naturism with. When I suggested a nude swim with the "adult" members of our church small group, she first said, "I can't take you anywhere!" (in humor). But then, when the four others in our groups decided to go for it, she joined in gladly.* So, a step in the right direction!

* Before you get too excited, this was a midnight swim, and we were chest-deep in an inlet of the Chesapeake Bay, so no one saw anyone else nude - but I believe we all enjoyed our swim!
dv8
Permanent Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:36 pm

I too have been swimming naked in mixed company under circumstances in which no one saw nudity.
How: Murky water, cover of darkness or in one case, undressing underwater can all help people move one step forward without going too fast or too far for their own level of comfort.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:56 pm

Ramblinman wrote:I too have been swimming naked in mixed company under circumstances in which no one saw nudity.
How: Murky water, cover of darkness or in one case, undressing underwater can all help people move one step forward without going too fast or too far for their own level of comfort.

Not mixed company, but this is how I introduced my brother to skinny dipping, almost 2 months ago now. I agree that it is a good way to introduce the concept to reluctant dippers.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:04 pm

A bit of an update on the topic...

I asked my wife if our nephew has been told yet about my naturism. She said yes, she had told him herself. I asked what his response was to hearing I'm a nudist. He said, "Oh? ... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................."

It's a cultural practice to not let children see adults nude after they reach a certain age, so of course, the idea is completely foreign to him. At least he'll have a year to consider it... or he may forget about it altogether.
nudie66
Native Resident

Return to Family issues