My In-Laws

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby nudjohn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm

bn2bnude wrote:
Paul Walker wrote:... However, WWJD crossed my mind and I would have settled for a citizen's arrest for voyerism, but wife said let it go. I trust that God will handle him as he deems fit.

Just because I am curious? What do you thing Jesus would have done?

John 5:14
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."
:shock: :? :lol:
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby Paul Walker » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:15 pm

natman wrote:Most resorts have strict rules against such activities. If LDS has such rules and th management failed to enforce them, they are opening themselves up to anarchy and a quick slide down the slippery slope into becoming a sexually charged resort because people will begin to say, "If they won't enforce their own rules, we might as well just do what we want."

Sad. :(

Laguna Del Sol already allows people with erotic body peircings, erotic tattoos, openly swingers, gays, etc. The place is really going downhill quickly.

I met a guy there last week that had so many bars, rings, and other metal objects in his scrotum that he clanged as he walked. He also had many rings through the end of his penis. No jewelry anywhere else, just 'down there'. And, get this- He and his wife are going to become full time residents! Dear Lord, please steer Laguna Del Sol back to its previous values before it is too late. Amen.
Member of Laguna Del Sol
Paul Walker
Native Resident

Postby blue eyes » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:40 pm

Sounds like its too late, was there 10 years ago and had a great time. everyone was nude including the children. Also at the front desk. Was thinking of going back but it sounds too crazy for me.
blue eyes
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 am

Paul,

Do they have a written policy about any of this? If so, is there a homeowner's association that you can use to hold the management's feet to the fire legally? Are they members of AANR or some other organization that has rules and guidelines?

I looked at their website and could not find a copy of any rules.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Paul Walker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:37 pm

It is an AANR club, and their rules are no longer published. In fact, I think the rules are made up as they go now.

The club is privately owned (Wayne and Suzanne) and operated. There is no HOA or anything like that. What Wayne says is law, end of story.

The guy who manages the place (Steve) is very liberal, albeit a really nice guy. I don't think he allows it because he likes it, he allows it because he is too nice, and his liberal thinking is much too wide open to see what this does to those of use who are offended by it.

The last time we brought this to his attention, he basically told us that if we don't like it, we should leave. So, that's what we did. Now, we may even drop our membership completely.

I am told that there are many clubs in the FL area that allow open swinger parites and the same lewd jewelry and such that LDS does. Why does the AANR allow this from AANR affiliated clubs? If I ruled the world (God help us all!), then I would have the AANR continue to turn the blind eye to it but mandate that clubs be rated on a system, like movies. A 'G' rated club would be safe to take my 9YO to. Laguna Del Sol would be rated R in my opinion. At the very least, PG-13. Glen Eden a PG-13 also. Lupin an R. Cyprus a PG. Sequoians a PG. Harbin Hot Springs, R. Nevada Sun Rancho, G. My back yard, G. I forget what other clubs I have been to lately, but they are all probably changing anyway.
Member of Laguna Del Sol
Paul Walker
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:03 pm

If enough members cancelled their memberships and sold their lots, maybe they would get the picture. Then again, maybe not.

I think we REALLY need an association of Christian naturists (ACN) that would rate such places and maybe carry a bigger stick.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby minister72 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:00 pm

Paul - it made me angry just ready what happened to your wife there. If our first experience had been like that, my wife would be forever opposed to naturism as would I, sadly. Being a minister, I don't see photos of me and/or my wife nude on the net, even in "secure" places such as this web site, a good idea because of the risk it would bring for my ability to minister if some "did some searching" and came up with photos. I don't know that they would have been able to keep me from getting the camera - at least the film or digital media it used. Just so not right.

You place and nephew sound so nice. My oldest (son) is 9 so I can identify easily with some of those tendencies. I just wish my son would recognize the addictive nature of the games and pull himself away. He like to play internet games like bejewled and is always looking for more. Fortunately, the games and tv shows he prefers the most are educational in nature.

peace
minister72
minister72
Native Resident

Postby Paul Walker » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi 72.

Luckily, my wife's first public nude experience was just the opposite. She has been a 'card-carrying nudist' for about 14 years before that happened.

The 9 year old is easily entranced by video games, so we limit what we expose him to and spend time with him while he plays. He is doing pretty good, all things considered. He has the typical short attention span, but not as bad as most of the other kids in his class.

For some that might have read in another post about his thought process when it comes to things, like when to use a towel and when it is O.K. to sit without a towel, you can tell he things things through to the point of ridiculous sometimes! With video games, he thinks them through too much at times as well. Which makes his evenings fly by if we don't introduce some interruptions to break up the session.

If someone had taken pictures of him, I would have gone ballistic. When it came to my wife, when she asked me to back off, I did because she is an adult and I respect her feelings. The kid is all my responsibility, and probably like you, that guy would be missing an arm if he didn't hand the camera over!!!
Member of Laguna Del Sol
Paul Walker
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Family issues