Children Stories

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Children Stories

Postby arom » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:22 am

Two interesting stories from the past week.

The first one occurred while my family visited a outdoor petting zoo with another family and close friends from our church. During the visit the mother commented on the first time my twin three-year-old girls had see this family's dog. See our dog is a girl, this dog was a boy. To this mother's amazement the girls simply stated that the dog had a penis. The mother was impressed. The story went on as the girls told this mother they knew what penises were because their brother and their daddy both had one. My wife responded by telling this mother that we have never hidden our bodies from our children, and that by not hiding anything they are not as curious about the other sex. This family only has one child, a five-year-old girl, but her mom agreed with my wife and related that the girl and her male cousin take baths together for generally the same reason (and that it is more time efficient).

The second story occurred at church yesterday. The head nursery worker got a new changing table and was showing my wife. While showing to my wife, this lady commented that with the old table the three-year-olds were constantly climbing up the edge to try and "peek" at the other kids -- especially the opposite sex. She went on to comment that our girls never did that. That they just seemed not to care. My wife related the same material as she told the other lady and again found agreement.

It appears that these ladies (including my wife) understand the benefits of simple non-sexual nudity on the development of a child. I just continue to pray that as time goes on my wife will accept her body and embrace naturism as I have.

God Bless.
arom
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:56 am

As I've said before, it is exactly those people who would benefit most from naturism that are too often reluctant to embrace it. But "out of the mouths of babes..." :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:20 am

Arom,

Great stories and it just goes to show that those that hold Victorian prudish attitudes about the naked human body were wrong in thinking that hiding it would somehow reduce sin. From a Christian-pragmatic viewppoint, exactly the opposite appears to be true, as demomstrated by your young daughters.

Thanks
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Family issues