Family Issues

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Family Issues

Postby Desert Hiker » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:55 am

This section is dedicated to exploring Christianity and naturism and the effects, both bad and good, it has on our families.

Feel free to explore any and all issues in this forum about family issues, especially those related to your faith, and naturism.

For some reason, for some of us the idea of being seen nude by a bus load complete strangers is often small potatoes when compared to being seen nude by a family member--even when they are of the same gender. I have seen seasoned nudists, and naturists who would only smile and wave at a passer by, run for cover at the sighting of a family member. It is odd to me, when I think of this--Why is it more embarrassing to be seen by family?

When I was growing up, it was generally acceptable for men and boys to change clothes in the same room, and likewise for the females (locker room mentality). When we were younger (up until I was about 10) me, and all of my sisters would often share the bathroom, and change in the same room occasionally at bath time. More recently, as we are all adults now, the old freedoms of youth have been replaced with much less toleration of nudity--My sisters are reluctant to even share a hot tub with me now, although they have tolerated it, so long as I stay in the water.

My household, my wife and 2 daughters, are all naturists--so we live in relative harmony. Even so, our extended family is not all for it. Some are home nudists themselves, and support us. Others are merely tolerant, and some think we are perverted, and robbing our kids of their innocence--and wish we would stop it. I suppose it is a tall order to expect all of them to accept us as we are, and be supportive. None the less, I am very thankful to have as harmonious house as I do. I would hate to think of the troubles it would bring, if my wife was not supportive.

How is it in your family?

Does your spouse support you, or oppose you in your naturist ways?

What issues with your family have come from your desire/practice of naturism?

Have you attempted to talk this over with them?

What about the children?

Parents/teens--is there an open dialog, or is everyone afraid to speak up about it?
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby SiteAdmin » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:41 pm

I split the comments following this Sticky Note into a new thread, so the conversation could continue as long as there is interest.

Please do not post lenthy comments on Sticky Note announcements. They are there to help you get new thread ideas started.
Happiness is neither within us only, or without us; it is the union of ourselves with God.
-- Blaise Pascal
SiteAdmin
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:53 am

SiteAdmin wrote:Please do not post lenthy comments on Sticky Note announcements. They are there to help you get new thread ideas started.

Thread?! Threads are for textiles! :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Re: Family Issues

Postby Djadja » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 pm

My son and daughter in law know I and my wife are home naturists (she occasionally), and that we enjoyed a stay at a resort. But neither would join us or want us being nude in their presence. But I am more concerned with his lack of a relationship with Christ than whether he shares our naturist outlook.
Djadja
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:25 am

Djadja wrote:But I am more concerned with his lack of a relationship with Christ than whether he shares our naturist outlook.

I agree. That would be my greater concern, because without the right relationship with Christ, the second would likely be perverted anyway. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:13 pm

I see this in a slightly different light.
Paul was a tentmaker and a member of the guild of tentmakers.
He used this to provide an income to help support his mission work, but he also used it for what we would call social networking.
He also used his former ties to the Pharisees to gain an audience.

Active participation in naturism, particularly if it involves membership of a landed or non-landed, could open a door of opportunity to share your faith.

Not only that, naturism complements some aspects of my Christian walk.
I am not saying it is essential to salvation, but it does help light the way.

By contrast before I had come to resolution about naturism, I was conflicted with the knowledge that our bodies are God's creation and designed for live in the open, but worried about not inflaming others or even myself with social nudity.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Active participation in naturism, particularly if it involves membership of a landed or non-landed, could open a door of opportunity to share your faith.

I don't know about you, but I (we) use EVERY social involvement as a means to share our faith. And, if we can't share our faith, then we are simply not involved.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Family issues