Grand parent teaching children about nudism

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby jochanaan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:19 am

I agree, Steve. None of us can be sure we understand God fully--in fact, we can be pretty sure we don't. :) But we do know He'll come back. :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby SteveNTL » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 am

jochanaan wrote: But we do know He'll come back. :D

Yep. Thank god! And, I am comforted these days (and months) by the assurance that *we know* how things will turn out, and who wins. And that even though the road be extremely rough in this life, we can count on a glorious and perfect eternity. Gives me hope (assurance of things to come); helps me keep going!

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Dear Hikingman,

I can understand you desire to allow your grandchildren the opportunity to be nude when they visit. I can imagine that it is one of the things they enjoy most about visiting with you.

I also understand how some parents can be somewhat prudish when dealing with their children, for the world that we live in is a sinful place.

My suggestion for you is to educate their parents about the benefits of non-sexual nudity. Do so in a gentle, loving manner, from the standpoint of being a well educated person. Gather all the proper information and facts, as well as the materials you will need to present it in a godly manner, as well as the health benefits for the children. Do not expect them to change their minds overnight, but allow for the fact that, for some people, it takes a great deal of time for them to accept nudity in a positive way.

Although it is hard for you, you need to abide by the wishes of the parents. Do educate the grandchildren of the positive aspects of social, non-sexual nudity, but do not allow them to practice it in your presence or with your knowledge while they are with you.

Above all of these things, pray earnestly for the parent’s minds to be open to non-sexual nudity, as well as their being able to accept that you are a nudist.

CCM
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:46 pm

Dear Hikingman,

I can understand you desire to allow your grandchildren the opportunity to be nude when they visit. I can imagine that it is one of the things they enjoy most about visiting with you.

I also understand how some parents can be somewhat prudish when dealing with their children, for the world that we live in is a sinful place.

My suggestion for you is to educate their parents about the benefits of non-sexual nudity. Do so in a gentle, loving manner, from the standpoint of being a well educated person. Gather all the proper information and facts, as well as the materials you will need to present it in a godly manner, as well as the health benefits for the children. Do not expect them to change their minds overnight, but allow for the fact that, for some people, it takes a great deal of time for them to accept nudity in a positive way.

Although it is hard for you, you need to abide by the wishes of the parents. Do educate the grandchildren of the positive aspects of social, non-sexual nudity, but do not allow them to practice it in your presence or with your knowledge while they are with you.

Above all of these things, pray earnestly for the parent’s minds to be open to non-sexual nudity, as well as their being able to accept that you are a nudist.

CCM
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:02 am

Christ Centered Mom wrote:Dear Hikingman...
My suggestion for you is to educate their parents about the benefits of non-sexual nudity. Do so in a gentle, loving manner, from the standpoint of being a well educated person. Gather all the proper information and facts, as well as the materials you will need to present it in a godly manner... CCM

Along these lines, I was recently reading on the Fig Leaf Forum website, and was really impressed with things that were written in the FAQ (frequently asked questions) section, and other sections - good material for responding to things that non-nudists might bring up. Also, issues number 100 and 101 have much material that might be suitable for introductory material. (The author of the lead article in issue 100 is one of our Village members! )

By the way, CCM, it's really nice to "see" you. :D

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Family issues