An interesting turn of events.

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

An interesting turn of events.

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:39 pm

Once again I’ll apologize for not being here as often as I’d like, but there has been an interesting turn of events in my family as well as my church. I will start with the family first.

I had been reading some of the posts here the other day getting ready to reply to one of them, when the phone rang and I went to answer it. I got involved with a long conversation and forgot about the computer being connected here.

My oldest daughter, age 13, asked if she could use the computer. I was somewhat distracted with the phone call and simply told her she could. It wasn’t until later, during dinner, when she asked me about this site. She had read some of the messages I posted and wanted to know what I thought about it. My husband saved me from answering by asking the kids what they thought. He does that often, rather insightful in my opinion.

The conversation went on long after we were done eating and I was very surprised to find out that my boys and oldest daughter all felt that it was okay to be nude around each other at home. The youngest, age four, didn’t seem to know what was being talked about, but she said she liked being naked too.

It was a rather startling revelation really. My husband and I have talked some since then, and we’ve agreed to allow the children to be nude if they want to. Upon telling them there were positive responses from them, and that evening all of them were undressed. I had read someplace that it is only proper for people that are nude to use something to sit on to prevent contamination of the chair or surface they sit on. Not knowing what would be the best to use I had them use towels since they could be washed with ease. I am wondering if there is something more appropriate for them to use or not?

My husband was a bit more concerned about somebody showing up unannounced. As a precaution we (my husband and I) remained clothed. He had the kids practice a “get dressed” drill, wherein he would simply say “Knock, knock!” and the kids would all get up and run to their rooms to get dressed. I found it comical in a way, but understood his reasoning for it.

This morning we went to church as usual. My four-year-old decided that the middle of the opening service for Sunday School was the absolute best time to loudly say, “We go naked at home!” This, of course, got several shocked looks. During the time we would normally go to the Sunday School class, my husband and I were asked to talk to the Pastor about the proclamation my daughter had made. Thankfully I had talked to the pastor about this before so he was aware I was researching it.

In the end he said he didn’t really agree with our decision, but as long as it was only at home with only family members present he didn’t see any reason for concern. He said he would talk to the “key” people in the church and let them know it was a harmless practice. After getting home we had several phone calls from different members telling us that their children would not be allowed to associate with our children any longer. My husband was the one who handled those calls, simply asking if they had a legitimate reason for their placing a restriction on the children. With one such call he asked, “And what if it can be proven to be biblically correct? Would you change your mind?” After which he listened for a few moments then said, “Well, that explains why you are having a difficult time with the teachings of Christ, doesn’t it?” I was totally shocked!

The younger kids didn’t seem to understand what was happening, but the older two did. We’re going to talk to them about this tonight and see what their feelings are.

There were two phone calls that were somewhat of a surprise, though. They were from longtime members of the church that called to tell us they were naturist Christians as well. They wanted to encourage us to continue searching with an open mind and heart to see what God would show us. We have agreed to have one of them come over for dinner this coming Tuesday. They will be brining their children (ages 7, 11, and 15) with them as well, asking if they would be allowed to be nude with our children. My husband said he would have to pray about that and see what the Lord told him.

I am praying that they will fill in the gaps and allow us to ask some of the unanswered questions we have. The answers I have gotten here have been helpful, but there are some questions I haven’t been able to properly word, and the answers may take longer in the coming than I would like. I hope you understand.

Thank you for your prayers. Hopefully God will reveal some of the hidden things to us, although I am still uncertain if this is correct or not. For now I’m happy to let the children enjoy being nude if they wish. My husband is planning on replacing the chain link fence with a wooden one to block the view of the neighbors. He feels this will allow the kids to play out in the back yard without being dressed. Thankfully the neighbors are not very close and won’t be able to see over the fence without breaking some laws.

Thank you.
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby Sonclothed » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:40 pm

Dear You're kidding.

I am a semi retired minister. I would be happy to be of any help I can.

On any search engine, enter Bible, Nudity, and Society. Jeff Rockwell has an excellent article on the subject. The Search will give pros and cons.

I have fought the fight all my ministry, there is what the Scripture teaches, and then there is what man tradition teaches. Guess which wins every tine.

An Actual statement, "I know what I believe; don't confuse me with facts."

My one and only argument is, "Would God Command anyone to sin?" The obvious answer is no. In Isaiah 20 God commanded Isaiah to walk for three and a half years naked in Jerusalem.

Your 4 year old made it a point because it was something that she enjoyed.
Sonclothed

Gen 2:25
5 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
NKJV
Sonclothed
Permanent Resident

Postby LivingFree » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:59 pm

Hi, YKR,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story and development with us. I'll be praying with you that God will lead you and your husband in the right direction.

The way your 13 yo and the other kids responded so positively simply illustrates how children feel about nakedness. It's just natural for them, and there's no moral problem at all. It's also not surprising that your 3 yo would just blurt out family "news." It really was new, and something she wanted to share. But you'll likely want to talk with all four of your children that this is not something to talk about at school or even at child care, unless you check things out first. I've heard of overanxious, paranoid adults calling in state agencies for an investigation.

I'm so glad your pastor gave you his tacit support, and that you also found naturist families in the church to befriend you. I hope Tuesday goes well. You can expect some rejection, for not everyone is comfortable with family nudity -- or even just talking about it openly. But when you think of it, not everyone is comfortable talking about sex education, or finances, or political views, or almost anything else. The minute you declare yourself a strong anything, it changes the way certain people will relate to you.

You can be thankful for a very resourceful husband. It appears he saved several situations from utter disarray. God is certainly with him. It was certainly wise for him to have them practice a "getting dressed" routine. Actually, I always keep a pair of pants and shirt handy near my desk, so if the doorbell rings unexpectedly I'll be ready. It's one of the things we do out of respect for our textile friends.

The towels you got out for your children to sit on was exactly the right thing to do. That's what everyone does, actually. The old joke among nudists is that when they go camping all they take with them is a big load of towels. On washday, there are a lot less undies and other clothing items, but just loads and loads of towels. It sure makes laundry day a lot easier.

You mentioned you had other questions yet. Don't worry about asking them the right way. Just blurt it out. We've had lots of practice already talking with people with lots of different kinds of questions. And even though the summer has been slow, some of us have been around every day, wondering and waiting and praying. So this is truly good news for us to read.

God bless you and your family in your journey, YKR, and whenever he's got time, we'd like to get to know your husband, too.
LivingFree

Postby natman » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:19 pm

YKR,

All I can say is "Thank God for four-year-olds". They are GREAT ice breakers, wouldn'y you say?

I would also say that you are VERY fortunate your child spoke honestly and forthrightly. She has saved you years of wondering if you are doing the right thing.

Like the rest here, we will continue to pray for your family as you go through this. And so, please know that you are not alone. One of my favorite radio theologeans always says that "Prayer is firing the winning shot." Consider it fired.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Desert Hiker » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 am

YKR, and family

--I am glad that you and your family are discovering the joys of clothes free living, and have taken the plunge. I also find it both heart warming, and ironic that in both of these incidences the children have provided the catalyst for you. Jesus once said; Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. As adults we often think children to be impetuous, and fool hardy--the truth is they have few, if any reservations about going forward with no reservations, and no shame, as their hearts are rarely chained down by doubts. Our children could teach us much about being good Christians--for it is less about following a bunch of rules, and ALL about following Jesus with no reservations, or hapless concerns over offending someone. For as I recall, Jesus offended plenty of people--with the truth, and the light. Modern day church goers are often times too concerned with their precious perceived public image to be bothered with anything so trivial to them as the truth. The truth is Jesus loves us all the time, just as we are, naked or dressed in our Sunday best--He is never ashamed of us when we are naked, after-all He was baptised naked, died on the Cross naked, and even left His clothes behind, neatly folded, in the Tomb when He arose.

We have also raised our 2 girls as naturists, as you know, and they love the freedom we have at home. It promotes honesty, and closeness--all good things for a loving family. Sometimes, this bold honesty they learn can make life interesting :oops: Our girls also took it upon themselves to inform the Sunday School staff of our naked freedom--who had much of the same kind of reaction you describe :shock: :gross: :oops: A meeting was arranged with the "safety committee" and we were questioned about our practices. I took the opportunity to explain our philosophy completely, holding nothing back--I figured if they were going to "burn us at the stake", they may as well know ALL the facts--so I gave them the TRUTH--both barrels. They were apparently impressed with my oration, and saw no reason to take any immediate action...Truth is, they were just dumb founded, and couldn't figure out how to handle this. This church is a Church Of Christ, and they are probably amongst the most straight laced, of conservative Protestant denominations (they think Baptists are liberal)--and having nudists in their congregation was just not going to work. Facts are there were several of us--only they didn't know of the others.

A few weeks later, the elders "asked" me to step down as a Sunday School teacher--they said their liability insurance would not cover them, if it was discovered that they knew we were nudists at home, and continued to let me teach, and work with the kids...what ever :roll: I was prepared to go to battle with them, but decided against it--we were selling our house (totally unrelated coincidence) and were preparing to move to our present home, so stirring the coals would not have been wise. Besides, that church was going through some troubling times, and was seeing a major turn over in its earthly leadership--the leaders, from the Minister, to the Worship Leader were all jumping ship--the newly elected elders wanted to go on a more conservative path, and the Minister, and others did not want to follow them down that legalistic path. With them leaving, many members also left as well. It was clear that God was sending us all forth--into our various mission fields.

We have since settled into our new home in the desert here, with plenty of room (5 acres) to roam naked, and live life natural and free. We also found a wonderful church that is a blessing to be a part of, and they are blessing to many, as they are a very active church, with a simple Gospel message, and a warm welcome to anyone. They are not fussy about what you wear--I usually am barefooted, and wear shorts, and a shirt. We even had one fellow show up in his pajamas one Sunday--who apologised, but was rebutted by the Pastor; We are just glad you show up, regardless of what you wear 8)

We also have some people renting out our guest house, and a mobile home on our property--who have also become naturists as well. we all appreciate the sincerity, and genuine fellowship we all share with one another, and have even hold our own home church, and Bible studies here--clothing optional, of course.

My point in sharing all of this with you is to point out that God has a purpose for everything, and everyone. Even though your kids prompted the plunge into being Christian naturists--maybe much sooner than you ever imagined, even. No sooner had this journey begun, you had no doubt been wondering what to tell, or if to tell anyone--and your 4 year old comes to the rescue, and shouts the truth from the roof tops :oops: --gotta love the simple honesty of young girls :lol: So, God has begun a work in you all--you are on the path, the word is out, your position clearly marked out--no need to worry what to tell folks now, just be honest, trust the Lord, and hang on tight--it is called a journey of faith.

BTW: just a note to you, and your husband--go ahead and get undressed yourselves, relax. Just keep a pair of shorts, and a robe handy for answering the door--and just like your kids, practice-practice-practice. Besides, the cat is out of the bag anyway--trust me, they WILL call ahead, before coming over--you won't likely get many unannounced visitors now. After a while, you may even find that many folks don't care if you are nude, or not--many people are tolerant of nudity, even if they are not themselves nudists. As such, you may decide that you won't have to rush to get dressed every time the door bell rings.

I have become an expert at the quick change myself--I can go from dressed to nude in less than 5 seconds, and can hop into a pair of shorts on my way to the door, without missing a step. Even so--we don't get many visitors out here in the boonies, and most know we don't wear clothes, and don't care--so we don't bother getting dressed for them. Others still, have become naturists themselves--it is something many people really want to experience, if they had the chance--and we give it to them, in a safe, wholesome environment.

May the Lord bless you, and keep you from evil on this journey you have begun.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Re: An interesting turn of events.

Postby bn2bnude » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:53 am

You're kidding, right? wrote:There were two phone calls that were somewhat of a surprise, though. They were from longtime members of the church that called to tell us they were naturist Christians as well. They wanted to encourage us to continue searching with an open mind and heart to see what God would show us. We have agreed to have one of them come over for dinner this coming Tuesday. They will be brining their children (ages 7, 11, and 15) with them as well, asking if they would be allowed to be nude with our children. My husband said he would have to pray about that and see what the Lord told him.

Praise God!!!

You have now found a people who you can fellowship with in a much freer and relaxed manner!
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:03 pm

Thank you for the replies and comments. I'm still not totally convinced that this is a proper lifestyle, but allowing the kids to be nude at home seems to be all right, for now. And this also allows me to come here more often since I no longer have to try to hide this site from the kids. I will not be going to the photo albums when they are around, but I did start reading the one titled "Ordinary Nakedness" and have yet to finish it.

I did find it hard to answer a question posed by our 8-year-old son when he asked why my husband and I weren't going nude as well. I gave him a legitimate answer by saying it was in case somebody showed up without calling first. My husband explained to him that not everybody would understand our going nude around the house, which he took very well.

Last night the kids spent the evening nude again. It is rather surprising to me that they have taken to it so quickly. All of them were asking during dinner, even before grace was said. The only problem that came about was dealing with our 4-year-old wanting to ask questions about the boys’ genitals. To my surprise my 13-year-old answered the questions with ease, finally adding that it was the difference between boys and girls, and that she (our 4-year-old) should be happy she’s a girl and not a boy. Of course my sons and husband objected to that, but it was all in fun, more or less.

I did notice that the amount of physical contact between them seems to have dropped off a great deal. I think that this is because they are now nude and might worry about what we would think if they were to play around like they have in the past. I mentioned this to my husband and he has said that we should talk to them about it to find out why. I agree, but I’m not really sure how to start the conversation or address the issue. Any suggestions are welcome.

After praying about it my husband and I have decided that, for now, the children of the visiting family would not be allowed to be nude, and neither would our children. Simply put, we don’t know this family that well and are being protective of our children. There is also the comment the pastor made about it being just our family sticks in my mind. After tomorrow we will see how it goes.

I was wondering if anybody could help me find a book that was mentioned by Kiki (I think it was her) titled “Nakedness and the bible”? She suggested reading it, but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere locally.

Thank you
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby LivingFree » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:27 pm

You're kidding, right? wrote:I did find it hard to answer a question posed by our 8-year-old son when he asked why my husband and I weren't going nude as well. I gave him a legitimate answer by saying it was in case somebody showed up without calling first. My husband explained to him that not everybody would understand our going nude around the house, which he took very well.

That's a good answer for now, but I'm not sure how long it will work without sending the wrong message. If it remains your permanent family plan, the message will be "it's OK for kids, but not for adults." Where in the Bible can you find that? But perhaps there are some hidden personal issues you will have to deal with first? Perhaps you and your husband should practice by spending non-sexual nude time together by yourselves, just to get accustomed to the idea. You could do that by reading a book, playing a game, watching a TV movie with popcorn, etc.

You're kidding, right? wrote:Last night the kids spent the evening nude again. It is rather surprising to me that they have taken to it so quickly. All of them were asking during dinner, even before grace was said. The only problem that came about was dealing with our 4-year-old wanting to ask questions about the boys’ genitals. To my surprise my 13-year-old answered the questions with ease, finally adding that it was the difference between boys and girls, and that she (our 4-year-old) should be happy she’s a girl and not a boy. Of course my sons and husband objected to that, but it was all in fun, more or less.

I would think that pretty quickly you could turn those kinds of questions into normal, natural sex education. Kids before puberty don't have "evil" thoughts in their minds. Just tell the straight truth, and they'll accept it and be grateful to you later. Avoid the questions, and you'll set up sex shame and body shame for them later.

You're kidding, right? wrote:I did notice that the amount of physical contact between them seems to have dropped off a great deal. I think that this is because they are now nude and might worry about what we would think if they were to play around like they have in the past. I mentioned this to my husband and he has said that we should talk to them about it to find out why. I agree, but I’m not really sure how to start the conversation or address the issue. Any suggestions are welcome.

I would guess it might have something to do with the novelty of it all. It seems to me that in a healthy sibling relationship there should be the same kind of touching, clothed or not clothed. What's wrong with kids touching each other's arms, hands, legs, feet, bellys, backs, etc.? I would suspect that even the occasional casual brush with a breast or male organ should not be looked on as "bad," except that you can legitimately teach that "we don't poke in the eye, pull hair, or touch the pubic region, etc." Here's where adult nudity can come in positively. If they see mom and dad sitting together on the couch, scuffling together, casually touching each other as they did when clothed, they'll soon get the message.

You're kidding, right? wrote:After praying about it my husband and I have decided that, for now, the children of the visiting family would not be allowed to be nude, and neither would our children. Simply put, we don’t know this family that well and are being protective of our children. There is also the comment the pastor made about it being just our family sticks in my mind. After tomorrow we will see how it goes.

I think that is wise. Not only do you not know them very well, you also don't know what to expect in the new naturist lifestyle. It's better to take it slow and easy. Besides, I would think that it would be a lot better for the parents to lead the way if there's going to be a socially nude evening together. What you do with your pastor's advice is another thing. I think that's something you four adults need to talk about. You also need to search the scriptures, pray, and perhaps talk with your pastor together, with open Bibles, before proceeding.

You're kidding, right? wrote:I was wondering if anybody could help me find a book that was mentioned by Kiki (I think it was her) titled “Nakedness and the bible”? She suggested reading it, but I haven’t been able to find it anywhere locally.

The book is not available except from the author, and I don't have current contact information. However, send a PM to the webmaster. He used to have several copies, and would know how to get more. It is a very good book, and I would definitely recommend it.
LivingFree

Postby Desert Hiker » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:53 pm

Our kids play 'rough and tumble' like any other kids--they are not the least bit bothered by their, or our nudity. They have also learned proper etiquette concerning personal contact--when we are rough housing, there will be some contact of all the body--we just must be careful not to hurt anyone. Hugs are also welcomed, and warmly received--we do not act like we are porcupines either. We are family, my girls sit in my lap, tickle me, put silly hats on me--you know, the usual stuff we all do.

I am sure the reluctance to come into contact with each other will fade in time--it is important that you do not display any reluctance either, and show them that you love them just as much naked, or clothed. It probably wouldn't hurt to tell them that just because they are naked does not mean they have to avoid touching one another--we are not porcupines, and good physical contact is reassuring, and character building. Just remind them that deliberate pubic contact is not proper, otherwise feel free to hug, wrestle, tickle to your hearts content.

I concur with LF, that you and your husband remaining clothed will send the message that there is something wrong, or shameful about nudity--at least adult nudity. It is beneficial for them to see adults nude in a non-sexual, wholesome environment--particularly their parents. This gives them the opportunity to see an example of what they may look like when they get older. Also, after becoming accustomed to seeing the nude human body, they will not be easily swayed by their curiosity to do something immoral. Nudity is not sexual, or immoral by itself--it requires we do something to make it bad, or sexual--just as when you shower, or when your kids are naked--there are no sexual thoughts there, normally--it is just natural, and comfortable.

You should try at least one evening together where you ALL are encouraged to be nude--and then you can discuss your feelings during, and afterwards. You may find it is something you will want to do regularly.

Here are a couple of links to publications about nakedness and the Bible:

http://members.tripod.com/ian_j_site2/

http://www.geocities.com/boydallen/naturism_ervah.html

And here is a link to Nakedness and the Bible, by Paul M Bowman with a link to order your own copy;

http://www.experiencegrace.com/nakedness_and_the_bible.htm

Let us know how it goes with your Christian naturist friends. If they are people you can get along with, you have a valuable ally there. You may not feel ready to try social nudity yet, but do not be afraid to eventually try a social gathering--especially with Christians of like mindedness, as it is so wonderful to know that it is NOT going to be sex on display--and that you are safe, and accepted for who and what you are.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby natman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:41 am

LivingFree wrote:
You're kidding, right? wrote:You could do that by reading a book, playing a game, watching a TV movie with popcorn, etc.

I could make a recommendation on a "Good" book. It has been the #1 best seller for quite some time and the author is the ultimate authority on EVERYTHING, especially family. You can get a copy almost anywhere books are sold including Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Walmat, Sams etc.

It contains 66 subsections dealing with almost every topic imaginable and applicable to man... an absolute "MUST READ".

(I think you know which one I'm talking about.)

(Scroll Down )

Author: God Almighty
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby LivingFree » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:27 pm

Nathan has an excellent suggestion!

And may I encourage a reading of the Song of Songs? There are parts for the man, the woman, and a chorus. Just like a responsive reading in church!
LivingFree

Postby jochanaan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:15 pm

I'm still catching my breath after reading this "strip" (I've been gone for more than a week). You have come a long way, YKR, in a very short time--that takes awesome courage. If we were physically present, I'd kiss your hand. Praise God! :D

One thing that helped me when I was still in "research mode" was a realization that, with basic questions like this, what's right or wrong for one person is right or wrong for everybody. To say that, for example, men over age 50 could go naked but young women couldn't, just doesn't fly. So if I was prepared to admit that simple nudity was good, I had to be willing to get naked myself.

I'm glad you're here, and your being "outed" by your 4-year-old daughter is really a blessing despite its shock factor. :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:40 pm

I agree with Joch, YKR. You've come a long way from when you first posted here. I hope that eventually you can work out a way for all of you to enjoy being nude together without embarrassment. It will probably be a little awkward at first, but you will be surprised at how quickly family nudity becomes commonplace and no longer an issue. Eventually I'm sure you will feel comfortable with social nudity with Christian naturists that you know.

I live in a nudist resort, and my daughters and grandkids know of it and have no problem with it as far as I know. I always sit on a towel at home as well as when I sit on resort furniture. No matter how much one showers there is always the possibility of "contamination". I shower several times a day, and yet my towels get dirty just sitting on them. That's why they are required in naturist settings.

I have a great nephew who used to hug me when he came to my home in Michigan, but when his dad finally agreed to me being nude while they were there he quit doing that. He wouldn't even look at me any more. Nudity makes a lot of people uncomfortable, and they can't understand why anyone would actually ENJOY being nude. Little children yes, but adults? There has to be something wrong with them. At least that's the typical attitude. The boy called me weird, but at age 12 when he discovered girls he said, "When I grow up I want to live in a nudist resort like my uncle." :lol:
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:43 pm

Hello again.

It has taken me some time to think over the things that have happened over the past few days. I managed to get the information for the “Nakedness and the Bible” book from the webmaster and have ordered a copy of it. He said that it is one of the best books he has ever read on the topic and encourages me to have my pastor read it when we are done with it. He also feels it would be a good thing to use as a family bible study guide, but that it would need to be broken down into an easier to understand level for the kids.

I wanted to tell you about the dinner and evening this past Tuesday with the naturist family I had mentioned. When they arrived I was a bit nervous about how to approach the topic, but found that they were the ones who started the conversation. Thankfully they waited until after we were done eating before talking about it. The younger kids had gone to play video games and play in general, but my oldest daughter stayed to talk.

The conversation dealt more with our person perceptions of nudity in relation to what we had been taught God’s word says about it. I found it very informative and was able to get answers to my questions. My husband asked about dealing with people at work with the issue, as well as at the church. They did answer all our questions without any hesitation, saying they had the same questions when they first became nudists.

One of the events that happened during the evening that upset me was that the two younger boys (our son and their son) both took off their cloths when they had been told they couldn’t. I scolded our son for disobeying us as did our guests. After a few minutes of discussion it was decided that we would give the children the option, but the adults would remained dressed. All of the children did get undressed and remained that way for the rest of the evening. It was, for me, an uneasy feeling having eight children going around the house nude. But nothing inappropriate happened so it did work out fine in the end.

My husband and I have spent a great deal of time thinking, talking, and praying about what we should do next. Our guests suggested that we go to a clothing optional facility, even offering to go with us for the first few visits if we decided to go. They recommended two places that are, in their words, very family friendly and safe. We are still debating about whether or not we should go, but the kids have expressed an interest.

I still am struggling with the issue from a biblical stand point. I have seen the points made here as well as what our guests said, but still I wonder. I am hoping the book will help clear up some the remaining questions I have.

Thank you.
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby Sonclothed » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:16 am

You're kidding right,

Exactly what is the struggle in the Biblical stand poin? The Scripture is the standard. How many times does God have to say something to be true?
Sonclothed

Gen 2:25
5 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
NKJV
Sonclothed
Permanent Resident

Next

Return to Family issues