An interesting turn of events.

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Desert Hiker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:53 am

Hi YKR, Thanks for the update--we have been waiting with baited breath, to hear the report of the Tuesday dinner :)

I am pleased also that you have ordered the book; Nakedness and the Bible--there is also a link to a website where you can order it, in my previous post.

I am also pleased that the evening went well for you all--in spite of the unplanned nude "rebellion" by the two boys :lol: It seems that it worked well in the end--it was a very positive experience for you, as well as them. It was a good experience for your kids, as it allowed them to see that other kids also enjoy being nude, and it is not a "bad" thing that they must be ashamed of. For you, it was good to see that in spite of all of your kids being naked, and around other kids, who were also naked, that it was indeed a GOOD thing, and that they were all well behaved, and did not do anything inappropriate. So, just as you said; it worked out fine in the end :cool: You should also consider future visits, and play dates for your kids, and theirs--so their friendships can be allowed to develop.

You're kidding, right? wrote:
My husband and I have spent a great deal of time thinking, talking, and praying about what we should do next. Our guests suggested that we go to a clothing optional facility, even offering to go with us for the first few visits if we decided to go. They recommended two places that are, in their words, very family friendly and safe. We are still debating about whether or not we should go, but the kids have expressed an interest.

I still am struggling with the issue from a biblical stand point. I have seen the points made here as well as what our guests said, but still I wonder. I am hoping the book will help clear up some the remaining questions I have.

Thank you.

There is one thing that I would suggest, if you haven't done it already--Start going nude in your own home, and yes, I mean ALL (adults too) of you, at the same time. You should ALL be able to be comfortably nude around each other, as a family. YES, by all means keep a pair of shorts, or a robe handy to throw on for an unannounced door knock, and DO keep the curtains closed, and shades drawn shut, that face the street--BTW keep the front door LOCKED, as that will prevent folks from just waltzing in and being surprised, and possibly offended. Once the house is secure, and the view from the outside is obscured, you should all be free to be as comfortable as you like.

This should also become a standard freedom for whenever you are at home--not just a special freedom after dinner. It will seem odd for you at first, but it does not take long to acclimate to it--your own kids have shown you that. In fact, it sounds as though they have shown you the way here--I am reminded of the words; and a little child shall lead them--from Isaiah 11:6 And the wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

You may also consider another dinner with your new Christian naturist friends--maybe even at their place. And this time, maybe you could drop your fig leaves too--don't let the kids have all of the fun :lol: Once you and your husband have become acclimated to being comfortably nude around your kids, and your naturist friends, you will then be ready to visit a resort with them. In spite of these preparations, you will still have butterflies in your stomach that will rival your wedding day, but once the plunge is taken, those nervous jitters will be surprisingly fleeting, and you will feel right at home.

In the mean time, we are at your service, as are your new friends, to answer any, and all questions.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby natman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:12 am

YKR,

I agree with Sam, although I would recommend that your next couple of gatherings be done at your own home so that you are in control of the situation, at least until you feel absolutely comfortable with your new friends.

What kinds of things were the kids doing, video games, etc.? Being a parent of five children, and having had several occasions when there was a bunch of children running around the house, it is hard to imagine that SOME of them did not get into something, clothed or not. Kids will be kids.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby LivingFree » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi, YKR,

This is wonderful news to read about. I'm glad you four adults were willing to be cautious, and I'm also glad you punted in midcourse and allowed the kids the option for themselves. That shows you trust them, and also yourselves. And obviously, nothing inappropriate happened, which goes to show that sexual hormones don't just always take over when people get naked. In fact, children don't focus on sex before puberty anyway, they're just interested in being comfortable and having fun together. Clothing is more of a nuisance than a protective device, especially in a safe environment such as your home. And I think you and your husband will find it the same way when you decide to take the risk. I say risk, because it's a new step for you, and you don't know for sure what it will bring. After all, once you do it once, all of life will change, and you don't know how yet. But take it from so many others, it will change in a good way. Sexual thoughts don't happen if you don't program yourselves for them to happen. The mind is greater than the chemicals. :D
LivingFree

Postby MatthewNeal » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 am

YKR and family,

I fully understand the reticence you are feeling about "Is it really biblically right?"

Those kinds of questions MUST be satisfactorily addressed, because the Bible clearly teaches that we should not engage in something that we still believe in our hearts to be wrong (even if it actually is NOT!)

My wife and I are working through that process ourselves. And, it is not surprising that there lingers in her heart this fear that even thought we've worked through it biblically (I more than she), that maybe it really IS wrong and we've somehow reached the wrong conclusion.

I've told her that it's fine to address those feelings and continue to ask the questions.

But the fact is that those feelings can be 100% satisfactorily explained by the recognition of your (and our) own upbringing and 40+ years of conditioning to think a certain way. Our emotional responses to the changes continue to be according to "Nudity is wrong!", long after we've debunked that notion biblically and logically.

So, as you continue to consider the issue, bear in mind that if your response is only emotional, and not based on Scriptural evidence, then that response is not a dependable measure of truth. If your response is emotional AND has some Scriptural element, then address the Scriptural issue objectively, without the emotional component coloring your understanding (as much as possible!).

By the way, this perspective could also explain why your children have taken to it so quickly and freely. They do NOT have 40+ years of conditioning. You told them that it's ok, and they had no problem going with it!

Finally, remember that acknowledging that the Bible permits nudity and feeling comfortable with it (the emotional freedom aspect) are two entirely different things. You most likely will NOT feel comfortable with it the first time you really participate yourself... or perhaps for a while thereafter! But our objective is to live according to the truth... even if we are uncomfortable with it at first! Determine what you believe the truth is, then act accordingly -- regardless of how it "feels" -- until it DOES feel right!

That's basically where we are, too.

Have a great day!

Matt
Last edited by MatthewNeal on Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MatthewNeal
Councillor

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:46 am

MatthewNeal wrote:Those kinds of questions MUST be satisfactorily addressed, because the Bible clearly teaches that we should not engage in something that we still believe in our hearts to be wrong (even if it actually is NOT!)

My wife and I are working through that process ourselves. And, it is not surprising that there lingers in her heart this fear that even thought we've worked through it biblically (I more than she), that maybe it really IS wrong and we've somehow reached the wrong conclusion.

Matt,

I do the same thing and honestly, think that is something we should consider with everything we do, sometimes even when we "do church".

I don't think that most of our actions float in and out of "rightness" or "wrongness" but I do believe that our motives may. Let me try an example.

According to the Bible (the way I read it) God wants us to fellowship, pray and study with other believers in this thing we call "Church". I do think, however, that "Church" can also be a hinderance to people coming to God, much in the same manner that Israel was throughout much of their history, in spite of their command and God's provision to bring outsiders into the fold. Instead of drawing people in, they pushed them away. At that point, should we continue that fellowship or find a different body to meet with?
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:43 am

I will admit that the interest in my family’s dealing with this issue seems to be of more interest that I would have imagined. I am not sure if I should be glad for that or concerned, and I have opted to be glad for it.

I thought I would provide you with some more information for the way we are dealing with this issue. I am still uncertain about this as a whole, especially in a public setting, and still somewhat at home, but I am still trying to find God’s instruction on it. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the book, but hopefully it will not be a long wait.

It seems odd to me that I have gotten accustomed to seeing the children going around nude most of the time. I find it interesting that, for some reason, they seem like little strangers to me when they are dressed, but not so when they are nude. Perhaps there is a message from God in there? Regardless, the children are happy with being nude, even to the point of sleeping nude. My eight-year-old son told me he likes it that way because he doesn’t have to pick up his dirty clothes every night. I found that to be rather funny. It has allowed me to finally catch up on all their wash, something that seems to be an unending cycle. Now I am doing more towels than anything else.

This past Sunday after we got home from services, the kids quickly got undressed. My husband has been spending most of his free time putting up a privacy fence in the back yard to replace the chain link fence that is currently there. He has only a few feet left to go, and hopes to have it done this evening or tomorrow at the latest. This has been more important after Sunday, and I will explain why.

We had finished eating lunch and were just doing our Sunday relaxation when my daughter asked where the boys were. After a quick check we discovered they were in the back yard playing. I called them in right away because of my concern for their being seen nude outside. My husband decided he could solve the problem and placed tarps over the remaining chain link fencing. This provided a block to prevent others from seeing into the back yard. Thankfully the neighbors on either side of us have ranch houses and can not see into the back yard. The kids were all very happy to be outside playing again, and more so nude it seemed.

Unfortunately it started to rain after about an hour and they had to come back inside. They were watching the television while I was working on my menu for the week. My husband was doing something in the garage, although I am not sure what. The doorbell rang and before I could answer it my eight-year-old son did. Nude. Answered the door nude. I almost panicked, but was greatly relieved to see it was our pastor coming by to visit. He did make a comment to him about letting my husband or me answer the door when we were home. He did not make a comment about his being nude, so I did not say anything to that.

Pastor had stopped by to visit to see if we had any more information for him about nudity. He is not so much interested in it for himself, but is more interested in seeing what we find so he will know how to deal with the issue if it should become more common or of a concern. I showed him this site and he read the messages for some time, apologizing for seeming to be rude. I simply told him that it was not a problem, I felt his reading the posts and comments was more important. He took several pages of notes and commented that some of the members here seemed to sincere and godly people. He was particularly impressed with the bible study information provided by the Site Admin and wanted to read more of it when it was posted. I had told him about the book I had ordered and had promised to let him read it when I was done. I now believe he is rather anxious to read it for himself since he asked where I had ordered it from so he could place an order himself.

By this time my husband had come back in and was surprised that the children were still nude. When he told them to put on their clothes because we had company, Pastor said not to worry about it, he had expected it and was not bothered by it. He left shortly there after reminding us, once again, that, in his personal opinion, nudity at home was not sinful, but was concerned about public nudity. After a bit of a debate between my husband and myself we decided to step forward and try going nude ourselves. We felt that since Pastor had, more or less, supported it, then it would not be wrong for us to be nude as a family. Or rather I should say I felt that way. My husband is still very concerned about somebody showing up unannounced and “catching” us nude with the children. I believe his concern is that we would be reported to Child Welfare.

Nevertheless, we took the step and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening nude as a family. It was a very strange feeling for me. At first I felt I should cover up, but I forced myself to act normally. After a couple of hours I became less uncomfortable and found that I was not trying to cover up.

At one point the rain had stopped and the sun shone brightly. The children, whom were bored I am sure, went out into the back yard to play. Out of long habit I said, “Keep your clothes clean.” My oldest daughter answered, “We are, Mom. They’re in our rooms, remember?” I felt foolish, but laughed at my blunder. After watching them play outside for some time I decided to try something I had never done in my life. I walked out onto the back, and for the first time in my life, stood in the warm sunshine nude. I found it to be very invigorating and comfortable. I remember asking myself, “Why did you wait so long to do this?” I spent the next hour walking around the back yard watching the children play in the mud that had formed from the rain. My husband joined me for a short time, but only to tell me that my skin was bright red. I now have a sunburn almost everywhere, and sitting is somewhat painful. I never thought I would ever have a sunburn on my backside. But having done so, I would still go out back nude, with the proper sun block on.

When the day was done the children were covered with mud from head to toe. It was somewhat a good thing they were nude. All they had to do was rinse off in the shower and dry off. No changing out of muddy clothes, no mud caked shoes sitting by the door, no having to soak the clothes to get the extra mud out. Just showers. The only problem was the muddy footprints from the back door into the house, but the mop took care of that quickly.

I guess I have decided that being nude at home with the family is acceptable. But I still have questions about the social aspects and if that is godly or not. The main question I have now is: Where is that book?
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:29 am

Mom, is there any way you could install an outdoor shower? That would solve the problem with muddy footprints.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:58 am

YKR (now CCM?),

That has to be one of the best posts I have read in LONNNNNNG time.

I especially like your daughter come-back...
Out of long habit I said, “Keep your clothes clean.” My oldest daughter answered, “We are, Mom. They’re in our rooms, remember?”

That will probably be entered into the Christian naturism history books as a classic.

I am VERY impressed with your pastors response and that he is taking some initiative to read up on the topic with an open mind without rushing to judgement. Many pastors would not even do that. I have no doubt that he will ultimately come to the same conclusions that you and most everyone in these forums have come to. If he does find some area that would be of concern, please, please let us know.

Congratulations appear to be in order on your discovering the exhilaration of feeling the warmth of the sun that God placed precisely in the heavens for us. Obviously it was so exhilarating that you may have spent TOO much time exposed to it's rays on your first time out.

The topic has been discussed here fairly well, but I will mention that God created our bodies to interface to the natural rays of the sun. In fact, our bodies NEED regular exposure to the sun in order to produce adequate amounts of vital vitamin "D". Recent studies published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) indicate that the most prevalent source of vitamin "D" is our skin when exposed to natural sunlight, and that vitamin "D" is not easily absorbed orally. Vitamin "D" is necessary for the proper processing of Calcium and Phosphorous, which otherwise gets stored in muscular joint tissues, creating many muscular and neurological disorders such as MS, lupus, ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease), alzheimer's, rheumatory arthritis, psoriasis, pancreatic, breast, brain and ovarian cancers and many more. Women who take calcium supplements, even with oral vitamin "D" actually increase their probability of having ovarian and breast related cancers and conditions.

The study pointed out the variations of these diseases relative to geographic distance from the equator.

The study went further to indicate that the majority of sunscreens, while decreasing the instance of malenoma skin cancer, actually increase the prevalense of other cancers. This is primarly because most sunscreens are made from petroleum distillates and also contain harmeful chemical scenting agents, in addition to blocking most of the light frequencies that are necessary for vitamin "D" production.

From what I understand, you would be better off to alliw you sunburn to heal naturally, which will result in a net increase in skin melanin, a natural sunblock, and a key ingredient in the skins ability to produce vitamin "D".

Here are a couple of links on the subject...
Healing Cancer & Other Illness With Light
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/h ... light.html

Mental health, Seasonal Affective Disorder, osteoporosis greatly improved by exposure to natural sunlight
http://www.newstarget.com/004727.html

Vitamin D: What's Enough?
Part 1 http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20041009/bob8.asp
Part 2 http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20041016/bob9.asp

The vitamin D controversy and the sun
http://www.naturalmedicine.co.za/sajnm_ ... 6143454280
"Dr Mercola describes sunscreen as a toxic chemical that should never be put on the body."
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Desert Hiker » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:25 pm

WOW :fantastic: Congratulations!! Well Done :D

I am glad that you, and your husband were able to take this important step together, and you were able to be comfortable as a family together, and spend the day together. BTW, the rain can be quite exilerating, and wonderful nude--unless it is really cold :shock: It feels wonderful, and you dry quickly--and no clothes to worry about 8) I am sure the kids are much happier at this turn of events as well.

I am sorry to hear of your getting sunburned :oops: Yes, a little sun block will help delay that painful outcome. Here is a bit of advice; don't over do the sun block. Spend at least 15 minutes in the sun, unprotected--this will naturally boost your body's supply of vitamins A & D--yes the sun actually gives us nutrients. Gradually, you will become darker, and more naturally resistant to getting burned, and able to spend longer amounts of time in the sun. Regardless of how dark you are, moderate your sun exposure--limit your mid day sun exposure, when the sun is the strongest.

I was also pleased to hear that the Pastor was not offended, and even defended the kids being nude in his presence--he just may be on a quest of his own 8) He sounds like a good, and fair man--and not one who rushes to judgement, or dispenses knee jerk responses. I can see why you were able to confide in him so easily, and respect him so. I pray that the books you ordered will arrive quickly, and serve to further your re-education on this most natural way of life.

BTW: I am going to say something here that just may take you by surprise--especially coming from a veteran nudist like me. I do not advocate public nudity--yes you read that correctly. I agree with your Pastor, being nude in public is socially unacceptable, and would usually only serve to be scandalous, and patently offensive to many, on many levels--besides, it is against the law in most places in the USA. Yes, I do long for a day when this would not be the case--I would love to be able to run to the parts store, or convenience store without having to get dressed, but I do not want to offend people who are not prepared to see me nude, and I am obligated as a Christian to obey the law. There are places in the world where it is acceptable, and even expected for everyone to be nude much of the time, if not all the time. Here, in these places, being naked is normal, and is not a misdemeanor, or felony--it is just normal. Funny thing; in many of these socities, they do not even know there is such a word as "nudist"--though they are aware of the existance of clothes, they just do not want any of those rags of vanity.

We are mostly nude at our home, and we have 5 acres to roam around on, with few nieghbors to worry about. Most of our friends who come over are supportive of our way of life, and many have become naturists, or already were--so we are free to be ourselves with them, and be comfortably nude in their company. When we are with these like minded friends, it is like they are an extension of our family, and we are sure that no one is being offended. When someone is coming over who is offended, or otherwise uncomfortable with nudity, we alert everyone, and get dressed for their visit.

We have also visited a nudist resort, or beach on occasion. These places are well demarcated, and warning signs line the property, and they are protected by fences, and natural obscurement. Here, in these places, we can be like those people who never wear clothes. everyone that is there is like minded about nudity , they expect to see nude people enjoying the sun, playing volley ball, going on hikes, having picnics, children playing, and everyone having a good, wholesome time--and they are not offended by it, so no overt sins are committed.

But wait!? isn't going nude in front of people at these places the same as going nude in public? --Not even comparably so. There is a HUGE difference between streaking down Main Street, and enjoying the company of like minded people on a sanctioned off area that is traditionally used for nude recreation, or on well marked private property. People who go streaking down Main Street are looking to stir up some excitement, and offend a few people--People who go to the nude beach, or club/ resort are just looking to relax, and enjoy the day in the company of like minded people, without offending a single soul--and the only excitement they are hoping to stir, is to get into a vigorous game of tennis, volley ball, or petanque.

As a friend of mine likes to say; there is a time and place for everything--we are expected to be dressed appropriately when we attend church, and so we are. At home, or at a nudist friend's house, or at a naturist venue, nudity is expected, and considered normal--even preferable.

We have a saying; Clothed when neccesary, nude when practical.

We rejoice with you, in your new found joy, and freedom--enjoy 8)

Isn't it wonderous how the best things in life are "simple" pleasures, and are almost always free--you can't buy that kind of simple, and invigorating joy you experienced in your own back yard, at any price :mrgreen:

Jesus said: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. These simple, abundant joys of life are a part of what He truley meant for us to enjoy--though many times we are too uptight, or in too much of a hurry to appreciate them--He says simply; don't worry so much, slow down a bit, take time to appreciate the life you have, and the simple joys there in.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Christ Centered Mom wrote:My husband is still very concerned about somebody showing up unannounced and “catching” us nude with the children. I believe his concern is that we would be reported to Child Welfare.

CCM (I love the name change!)

I've solved this problem for myself by simply keeping a shirt and pair of shorts handy. i can get into both in about 10 seconds, and button the shirt and sip the shorts on the way to the door. I don't have to worry about Children's Services because our kids are all grown and gone, but I do care about offending others who are not prepared for it. But I just don't think I should let other people set the rules for how I am in my own home. BTW, if Childrens' Services should somehow find out and conduct an investigation, they will interview the children thoroughly, and finding nothing sexually offensive will simply drop the case.

You express some concern over social nudity. Nudists can actually be divided into four categories, if such categories have to be established.

Closet nudists -- those who are nude only when no one else is around, including other family members.

Family nudists -- those who are nude only in their own homes and back yards, with or without the family.

Social nudists -- those who associate, nude, with other nudists for the sake of fellowship and to enjoy outdoor recreational activities naturally (hikes, swims, picnics, etc. etc.).

Full time nudists -- those who live in nudist resorts.

To answer your question about social nudity, clothing serves several purposes:

1. Provides warmth in cold weather
2. Provides protection from too much sun
3. Provides care in inclement weather
4. Provides protection from dangerous work situations
5. Provides care for others who are not accustomed to non-sexualized nudity

I could add that in our social context, many people think clothing also provides protection from sexual molestation, but frankly, many more people take indecent privileges with others who are clothed, than with those who are nude. Clothing is no protection from abuse. Only a right attitude can do that -- both on the part of the offender, and also on the part of the intended victim. Fact is, if you were to walk nude through the mall, or down your residential street in the late afternoon when everyone is home and outside, the only persons you would have to fear is the peace officer. No one else would attack you, unless of course you presented an attitude of weakness or overt enticement. What I find appealing is that nudist families spend more time instilling healthy attitudes into their children than other families do, and that healthy, watchful attitude helps the children be more vigilant and safe in all social situations than others who are clothed. (I am told that in some neighborhoods in German cities children are allowed to run naked at will, and are quite safe. In many places in Europe there are no actual laws against being nude in public, although most people aren't. But there are some city parks in Germany where people spend their lunch hour nude, eating, relaxing, and hiking.)
LivingFree

Postby natman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:07 pm

LivingFree wrote:I could add that in our social context, many people think clothing also provides protection from sexual molestation, but frankly, many more people take indecent privileges with others who are clothed, than with those who are nude.

I believe that clothing actually adds a false sense of security against such abuse. This plays out so often when we read about an abuse occurring in seemingly safe environments such as a church nursery, a child's athletic coach, a scout leader or even a Catholic priest (or any ministerial staff member of any denomination).

I believe that statistics bare out that nudist parents are far more protective and aware of their children's environments such that the percentages of abuse per capita are far less in naturist environments. Additionally, the openness of naturist relationships typically encourages children to speak up when something is not right, without the threat of reprisals.

If you haven't already read it, here is a link to the article
"205 Arguments and Observations Supportive of Naturism"
http://www.naturistsociety.com/resource ... 5ARGUE.pdf
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby LivingFree » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:10 pm

natman wrote:I believe that clothing actually adds a false sense of security against such abuse. This plays out so often when we read about an abuse occurring in seemingly safe environments such as a church nursery, a child's athletic coach, a scout leader or even a Catholic priest (or any ministerial staff member of any denomination).

I believe that statistics bare out that nudist parents are far more protective and aware of their children's environments such that the percentages of abuse per capita are far less in naturist environments. Additionally, the openness of naturist relationships typically encourages children to speak up when something is not right, without the threat of reprisals.

I wonder if it's the clothing, or the human heart, exacerbated by our strange, strong, stupid double standard, especially in America?

Theoretical thought: Create a church of 1,000 textile members using a cross section of people who attend church regularly. Over the period of five years, using hidden cameras, keep track of all incidents of child abuse by adult caregivers.

Create an identical sized church, using a cross section of nudist families who attend church regularly. Run the same observations for five years.

After five years, compare the findings. If the results are nearly the same, chalk it up to the "human condition." If the results are significantly different, do an in depth study of the different cultures of both groups.

My hunch is that parents being more observant is not the full answer; the way parents prepare their children for the realities of life could provide significant answers. Also, the way adult caregivers interface with each other about safety issues could provide additional significant answers.
LivingFree

Postby jochanaan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:00 pm

*catches breath* Welcome to the joys of family nudism! :D

Sam's differentiation between public and social nudity is very apt. While truly public is still a cause for concern, social nudity such as you find in a nudist resort or a nude beach is indeed very healthy. You see exactly the same sort of social, non-sexual interaction there that you do in similar situations, clothed. Well, perhaps with one difference: When you're naked together, there's a greater level of open honesty and other-acceptance. :)

I was especially interested in your comment about your children seeming "little strangers" when they put their clothes on. Nudists have been known to say to each other, only half-jokingly, "I hardly recognized you with your clothes on!" :mrgreen:

And I love your new handle! But we'll have to be careful to distinguish between CCM (you) and CM (Sam's wife)! :) (Crafty Mom, I'm so sorry about this news. All I can say is, hang in there.)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:24 pm

I want to answer some of the comments and questions you have posted. I hope I do the quotes right.

Jon-Marc wrote:Mom, is there any way you could install an outdoor shower? That would solve the problem with muddy footprints.

It is something to consider. I will ask my husband about it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Natman wrote:I am VERY impressed with your pastors response and that he is taking some initiative to read up on the topic with an open mind without rushing to judgement. Many pastors would not even do that. I have no doubt that he will ultimately come to the same conclusions that you and most everyone in these forums have come to.

I believe I had stated before that, when I first talked to him, he was rather positive about family nudity. I will admit that it had surprised by his first comments, but I trust him. He is the person who encouraged me, as well as others in our church, to research everything we encounter that questions our faith or teachings.

His coming to this site was at my suggestion, not at his request. He was somewhat reluctant at first, but agreed when I showed him the bible study section posted by the Site Admin. I doubt he would come here if he were in his study at the church.

Desert Hiker wrote: I am glad that you, and your husband were able to take this important step together, and you were able to be comfortable as a family together, and spend the day together.

With respect, I never said we were comfortable. I can not speak for my husband, but I felt rather uncomfortable myself. I did say I felt less uncomfortable, but I was still uncomfortable. Not in the sense of physical discomfort, but more in the sense of feeling totally exposed while I was nude. I have spent the better part of today nude and my discomfort is still there, but it is decreasing slightly. Perhaps in time I will be come accustomed to being nude.

As for the sunburn, I appreciate the information that you and Natman have given. I will read it over and see what I should do. I am certain Sunshine Girl will enjoy it as well.

[quote=“LivingFree”] I've solved this problem for myself by simply keeping a shirt and pair of shorts handy. i can get into both in about 10 seconds, and button the shirt and sip the shorts on the way to the door.[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion, but we have already done that. I keep a summer dress nearby, and my husband keeps a pair of shorts close at all times. He generally does not wear a shirt at home during the summer so it is not unusual for him to have on just shorts.

The children are prepared to run to their rooms if need be, as my husband had them practice the first night. My only worry is if they are out back playing, but we are working on a plan for their having something close by to put on quickly.

The information about the sexual molestation is interesting. I will have to research that as well. I will read the website information that Natman provided the link to as well.

And now Sunshine is pestering me to use the computer. She thinks it is “cool” that there are other Christians that are nudists too.

Thank you,
CCM
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby LivingFree » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:29 pm

Christ Centered Mom wrote:And now Sunshine is pestering me to use the computer. She thinks it is “cool” that there are other Christians that are nudists too.

It's actually cool in more than one way :wink: :D
LivingFree

PreviousNext

Return to Family issues