A family Christmas card

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A family Christmas card

Postby SteveNTL » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:55 pm

http://www.cringely.com/2009/12/fedex-k ... tmas-card/

I received this link from a naturist site. The family is not a "naturist family", perhaps, but the blog and the post are interesting. It is really the comments, however, that grab my attention, and there are so many. I am disturbed that so many people read their own angst into the situation. I left a comment, but felt pretty inadequate to express what all I am feeling. I am hoping, in the coming year, we can all be a good influence for health in the areas of body freedom and acceptance, in whatever spheres we have influence.
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Re: A family Christmas card

Postby floridabill » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:36 pm

I am with you Steve. I don't get it. Whats the big deal? It is definatly no worse than many cards I see in Target, and yet - so many folks put their own fears of nudity into this. How great it would be if all we saw was a family enjoying the holidays - naturally.
FB
God wants you to have more than enough.... enjoy it nude!
floridabill
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:16 pm

I just posted this on their blog:
I love this card! And I would love it even if it showed the parts it very carefully doesn’t show.
Look: We all have one of two basic designs. Even young children have some idea of how the other sex looks. So what’s the big deal about showing or not showing certain body parts? Do we really think that simple, social nudity is some kind of sex act? Do some of the commenters here think that, despite all evidence to the contrary–and there’s plenty of evidence to the contrary–seeing one’s father, mother, or sibling in the nude is going to traumatize a child?
If so, then America really is sick. And the cure just might be a generous dose of simple, social, non-erotic nudity exactly like this.
Thank you, Bob, for sharing this with us! I hope your Christmas was very merry and blessed.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Alfie » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 am

I posted a comment or two also.
The few negative comments I read were more offensive or obscene than the anyone could claim the pic to be.
I think the pic is delightful.
I didn't find it humorous as some thought it was meant to be.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:57 am

Alfie wrote:I posted a comment or two also.
The few negative comments I read were more offensive or obscene than the anyone could claim the pic to be.
I think the pic is delightful.
I didn't find it humorous as some thought it was meant to be.

I appreciated your comments there, Alfie. I think people that do not go naked much, but like the pic, tend to interpret it as humorous, as they do not understand nakedness being justifiable in itself, and so look for another "justification". In fact, I am not sure of the intent of the husband and wife, as they do not say they are naturist, and their intent may be whimsical. But, I am with you - it is easy for many of us to see the pic in its plain sense, as something just delightful.
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Return to Family issues