Nakedness and the bible

What family issues do you wish to discuss here? Parenting, coupling, stages of life, discussing naturism with reluctant family members, growing in Christ as a family? Anything else?<P>Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Desert Hiker, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Nakedness and the bible

Postby Christ Centered Mom » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:13 pm

I had wanted to place this in another forum, but I do not have enough posts to do so.

I have finally received the book Nakedness and the Bible and have been reading it. I would not say the book is riveting, but it is interesting. Mr. Bowman goes into great detail covering each verse in the bible that has been translated to Nude or Naked, along with passages that talk about such things.

I am half way through the book and already I have learned a great deal. I have been praying about what I have been reading and I believe the interpretation Mr. Bowman gives makes sense. I have taken some time to talk to a professor at a local college that teachs Hebrew for archeology and asked him about what Mr. Bowman says and he confirms that the translations are correct.

I would strongly recommend this book for anybody with doubts. I know my doubts are being removed as things seem to become clear to me.

Thank you,

CCM
Christ Centered Mom
Permanent Resident

Postby scurtis » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:10 am

Like you, I am somewhat new at this. I have been reading back and have read your posts.. Only I have grandchildren the age of your children. Although I have not read the book you are referring to, I have done my own search. I do not have any knowledge of Hebrew and appreciate your checking with that professor.

I think it is fantastic that your husband is open to this and that you will be able to share it with your children also.

What I have learned is much the same as you. I find no specific references prohibiting nudity. As I live along, my opportunities for social nudity are limited to resorts or beaches.

May God bless you and your family not only in your continued search but also in the rest of your life. I also thank you for posting some of your findings and experiences. I find them encouraging.

Sam
scurtis
Councillor

Postby LivingFree » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:28 am

CCM,

Like you, I went through the book page by page, digesting it and praying about it, and yes, I did check the Hebrew on my own! I found the book to be accurate in that regard, and very important for understanding a healthy, godly, Christian view of naturism. You are in my prayers as you continue to read.
LivingFree

Postby natman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:16 am

CCM,

One of the things that changed as I began to study scripture on this one topic was my attitude about scripture in general, coupled with the ways in which I was taught. I began to wonder, "what else have I been mis-taught about?". The process has encouraged me learn to read the Bible for all it's worth, not focusing on single verses, taken out of context, but the entire panoply of scripture.

It makes reading God's Word so much more exciting.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby bn2bnude » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:36 am

natman wrote:CCM,

One of the things that changed as I began to study scripture on this one topic was my attitude about scripture in general, coupled with the ways in which I was taught. I began to wonder, "what else have I been mis-taught about?". The process has encouraged me learn to read the Bible for all it's worth, not focusing on single verses, taken out of context, but the entire panoply of scripture.

It makes reading God's Word so much more exciting.

I'd echo that!
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby lwrails » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:24 am

I couldn't agree more. It has been simply an amazing development that through the study of nudity in the bible, that the marvelous connection is sustained throughout scripture. Many old testament books were dry, and now they pop with revelation of HIS purpose and intent. I must have read Ezekiel many times in the past, but the the connections seem to flow through the words and fully connect to other portions of scripture like never before.

LonW
lwrails
Native Resident

Postby Desert Hiker » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:39 am

That is :fantastic: CCM

I am glad that you got the book in a timely manner, and your studies are going well. I am very blessed that your findings have been confirmed by many authorities on the Scriptures.

I know it is a really wonderful feeling to be set free from previously learned misconceptions, and oppressive thoughts, rules, and traditions. I rejoice with you and your family :jump:

May the Holy Spirit be with you, and guide you through the rest of the book, and guide you on your way.
Peace In Christ, Sam

Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart...--Job
Desert Hiker
Councillor

Postby SteveNTL » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:09 pm

CCM - thanks for writing! I am a new member here - your recent posts were some of the first I saw when I joined, and I have been quite taken with your accounts of your journey, or rather, your whole family. So, I have eagerly been looking for an update to know that you are doing well. Thanks! Must say, I am quite impressed with your husband, that he got out and did something to replace the chain-link fence so promptly. Would have taken me several months of study and several more to accomplish. Showing my age, I guess...

natman wrote:CCM,

I began to wonder, "what else have I been mis-taught about?".

Ah! A key question, to be asked all the time! Some friends from church get tired of my perspective on this, but I do not buy the status quo as being necessarily what is right, true or good. Sometimes I wonder if I were on the earth 2000 years ago, and Jewish, if I would have recognized Jesus as the Messiah provided by God, or if I would have been too steeped in my religious tradition to see what Father wanted to do...and it scares me! God is so much bigger, I think, than what my upbringing has taught me!!!

Steve NTL
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby fatpizzaman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:41 pm

CCM,

Where did you manage to get the book? I tried to order it from Christian bookstores in my town, but none of them could seem to locate it.

It's a shame that Paul Bowman has taken his pages down from the Internet - he was doing some noble research. Unfortunately, he had some serious health problems a couple of years ago and not much has been heard from him since then.
fatpizzaman

Postby arom » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:22 pm

The book can be purchased through the online resources on the lefthand side of the CNV Home page or from Mr. Bowman's website at http://www.im-ok-naked.com/index002.htm

I just ordered one myself :)
arom
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:48 pm

I think that site used to be called something else. It looks really familiar.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Family issues