California Newbie

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Northern California Newbie

Postby jochanaan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:22 am

Kiltedhiker wrote:
Petros wrote:a micro-sporran might not be real practical.

Hahahahahaha! This is the one problem with being clothes free, (or wearing this proposed kilt) there's no place to put your keys or loose change!
That's why somebody invented the lanyard. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:30 am

jochanaan wrote:
Kiltedhiker wrote:
Petros wrote:a micro-sporran might not be real practical.

Hahahahahaha! This is the one problem with being clothes free, (or wearing this proposed kilt) there's no place to put your keys or loose change!
That's why somebody invented the lanyard. :)

On my last visit to Cypress Cove Nudist Resort, I bought a ball cap with a zip-up pouch in the front of the cap, perfect for storing a car key. The cap is great protection from burning midday Florida sun as well.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Kiltedhiker » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 pm

I do have a tilley hat made by "persnickety Canadians" that has a pocket too....good call!
Kiltedhiker
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 pm

"That's why somebody invented the lanyard. "
Nae true Scotsman wad hae a lanyard wi his microkilt.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:20 am

Of course, one could also leave the key in the ignition with the door unlocked!
Depending on the sense of community, might not be a great risk to do so at a smallish, intimate naturist campground.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:30 am

Or arrive on a beat up bicycle nobody wopuld ever want to steal.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Petros wrote:Or arrive on a beat up bicycle nobody wopuld ever want to steal.

I had a $30.00 bicycle stolen off the back of my car. Go figure...
Maybe to a thief with no bicycle, that was quick $30.00 score that he could either ride or sell.

I ran a Google search on the bike ride to my favorite naturist place: 8 hours commute by bike.
I guess others have cycled that far and lived to tell about it.
If you are in good shape, you take Friday off from work, ride up, arrive before dark, pitch a tent or rent a cabin. Enjoy Saturday at the resort and peddle home on Sunday?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Long back I had a fairly new feature filled biked stolern from campus. The nerxt evening, a callk from the sheriff - mine and a coupler of other had been dumped outside town.

I figured then - figure now - good bike, but my taste did not at all match the popular demand.
Petros
Native Resident

Re: California Newbie

Postby Ahsan » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:30 am

i am interesting in kilts let me know which one company offer for custom made kilts and some unique designs
Ahsan
New Comer

Re: California Newbie

Postby New_Adventurer » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 am

See https://www.wazoosurvivalgear.com/cache ... ckets-hat/ for hats that have inside pockets. Interesting what they claim can be carried in them. One item left off their list was MONEY!

About those bicycles, one Saturday several years ago the Sequoians offered free admissions to anyone who arrived by bicycle. I only saw one couple who took advantage of the offer. The kicker is that the only place to legally park a car was about five miles south. Cull Canyon Road is a long road going north from Castro Valley.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself