Who We Are - Where We Live, House, Apartment, Trailer

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Do you live in...

A house in a subdivision
49%
A house on acreage
21%
A trailer/manufactured home in a subdivision
4%
A trailer/manufactured home on acreage
6%
A condo
5%
An apartment
11%
With parents or family
5%

Total votes : 82

Re: Who We Are - Where We Live, House, Apartment, Trailer

Postby jochanaan » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:28 am

Oh, God's Light is always around and in me. :D But as for an actual "place," perhaps when my career builds more and I can actually start SAVING money! :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 am

jochanaan wrote:Oh, God's Light is always around and in me. :D But as for an actual "place," perhaps when my career builds more and I can actually start SAVING money! :?

Liquidity we call it in the business world.
It's that bit of cushion that prevents us from having to pay interest on credit card debt, because we pay off the balance every month.
It's that bit of cushion that tides us over when unexpected bills or slow times at work happen (and they always do).

May God grant you a big cushion soon!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:43 am

And if that which sitteth upon the cushion [hereinafter known as the sit-upon] be bigger than the cushion sat upon?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Petros wrote:And if that which sitteth upon the cushion [hereinafter known as the sit-upon] be bigger than the cushion sat upon?
Then one has too much month left at the end of the money. :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:31 am

The Micawber principle:

Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

Fits our economics over here.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby mapmgr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi,

We live in a Solitaire manufactured home on about 17 acres, mostly wooded or at least was. Lost about 75% of the trees (mostly oak and native cedar) in a grass fire a few years back. Undergrowth has come back and new growth around the trunks of the oaks. Private enough to skinny dip in the pool, enjoy the hot tub and outdoor shower.

-- Glenn
Preach the gospel always. If necessary, use words.
mapmgr
New Comer

Postby WalkingLightly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:22 am

Hi, I live in a house in a rural subdivision that I helped my dad build when I was a teenager.
- WL
WalkingLightly
Resident

Postby Coastie » Tue May 31, 2016 8:51 pm

I currently live in an apartment that I rent from a professor at a local Christian college, who just happens to be my Elder. So I have to behave myself.
Coastie
New Comer

Postby balaam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:21 am

I have not voted yet, as I am not sure how the US naming of the subdivisions relate to UK housing.

The house I live in has is now ours, after years of paying off a mortgage, though we still pay a minimal ground rent on a 999 year lease from the 1890s, which cannot be increased until the end of the lease period.

We have no garden of our own, but there is a shared yard with other houses in the terrace where washing is hung to dry etc. so nowhere to get the all over suntan I'd like to have.

Which category would this be in? Acreage, subdivision or is this something else unknown in the US and not in the survey?
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Balaam,

It sounds like your accommodations are closest to what we would refer to as a "condominium".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby balaam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks, voted.

Condominium, there' a word from US films and TV that I never understood, other than somewhere people lived.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Lionheart » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 am

We, like a lot of others, live in a subdivision. We had the house built a few years ago and it was hard to know who or what kind of houses would be built around us. I purposefully looked for something with the hope of it being made private for nude recreation. The standard contractors fence does nothing to help as it has gaps in the fence boards and is only 6 feet tall. Our neighbor directly next to us has a kitchen window that looks out over our yard. I have been planting trees and built a pergola to help with the privacy, but it won't be till I can replace the current fence with a new board on board 8ft fence that we will really be able to enjoy the yard. I have a grand vision of a walled in garden with small pool and outdoor shower that will be our own little slice of naturist heaven. Some day I would also like to own some average in the country side for tent camping and naked rambling. I see having a sauna and wood fired cedar hot tub and maybe even an adult size tree house there. It would be a place to invite family and friends to, but would be well used by my band of brothers as a safe and casual place to recreate and relax as naked as we like. My sons want a place like this too.
Lionheart

Postby naturaldon » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:48 am

Hmmm... I missed this survey. Kind of country living here, with a few acres, a few neighbors, and decent privacy, except when the juvenile guy next door (and the other juvenile guy down the road) plays his music loud. I've often wondered why it's okay for someone to expose himself to my sense of hearing but it's not okay for me to expose myself to his sense of seeing. After all, he can turn his head or close his eyes if he doesn't like what he sees, but I have to leave my property and find something to do for several hours because I can't turn or close my hearing, or just put up with it if we can. And yes, I've told him four times. I call it sensism - a prejudiced view of my senses. Are any of the senses more important than the others? Hey, how did I get off topic?
:dizzy:
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I meet two criteria right now: house in a subdivision and with parents.

Thank God the houses in my subdivision aren't like the subdivisions in "Subdivisions" (warning: 80s flashback).
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 am

Since the move, and until we find the right place, we are in questionnaire limbo. We live in the center - nearly exact center - of a small town right next to one of the most popular bars in the county, on a street where the dogs and I regularly see fresh deer tracks in the snow. Parents and child share a house with two apartments - but Number 1 Son owns the place. Fit that in your schema.
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself