Who We Are - Household Income

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Household Income?

$25,000 or less (USD)
15%
$25,000 - $50,000 (USD)
19%
$50,000 - $75,000 (USD)
16%
$75,000 - $100,000 (USD)
10%
$100,000 or more (USD)
31%
None of your business
7%

Total votes : 67

Re: Who We Are - Household Income

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 pm

balaam wrote:I find it unchristian to judge people by their income, "In Christ there is neither slave nor free."

Balaam, I am wondering how you intended us to take what you posted, There is potentially an implication that you find something unchristian about the statistics of the distribution of wealth of naturists who frequent this site. There is no sin inherent in being wealthy or poor or anywhere in between From the distribution displayed by the statistics, it looks like the nudist community is rather egalatarian and does not have much concern about how society choose to reward naturists. The only thing suggested is that those who become well heeled seem to be more prevalent. And I would think that comes about because they are less endangered by how society views them. I think a lot of naturists feel that they have to be securely economically established before they can risk the impact of the disapproval of society at large. But despite the spike at the $100,000 or more there is a similar bulge at the lower end of the scale which I expect corrolates with an attitude of "what do I have to lose" And from what I have read over the decades it is the low and high ends of the economic spectrum who have the most freedom in many facets of society driven by: "don't have much to loose" and "I am economically secure enough to not care what others think".

You are quite correct that in "Christ there is neither slave nor free" But if we are to link wealth to one's quotient of freedom, then obviously it is the middle of the economic scale where we see the greatest degree of "social slavery" because there we find that hard fought social/economic standing is easiest to lose for violating social conformity.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 pm

When visiting churches you get asked the question, @What do you do?' and it is too easy to judge a person due to how good their job is. This should not be, in Christ there is neither free or slave.

Oddly I have had no questions about income or occupation from the naturist club I frequent. Could the club be more Christlike than some of the churches I have visited.?

As for household income, I am retired early due to ill health with a pension that starts in 2019. I have enough to see me through though and I'm happy with that.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:41 pm

balaam wrote:When visiting churches you get asked the question, @What do you do?' and it is too easy to judge a person due to how good their job is. This should not be, in Christ there is neither free or slave...
I often ask people I meet: "What's your craft?" That assumes that they have a passion that may or may not relate to what they do for 40~ hours per week.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:12 pm

I don't think it's not Christianlike to inquire into a person's line of work. It's the motive behind the inquiry that is Christian or not.

For example, making small talk (which I'm not very good at). It serves as a springboard by which I can say, "Tell me more about that" and shows my interest in them.

On the flipside, I don't go around telling people what my line of work is, but I will if they ask. I've had church friends who, upon finding out that I was an IT major and working in a pseudo-IT job, ask if I could help them with their tech problems, which I have and through which I have blessed them. I have only accepted money when they insisted that I take it, and those times were only for the more time-intensive jobs.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:10 pm

I frequently ask men what they do (for work) and what they like to do (for enjoyment). It's never been an issue. At the same time, I show genuine interest in their responses. It's how I get to know them, and usually can bring Jesus into our discussion. He levels the playing field.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:01 pm

The purpose of this poll is not to know who makes what $$$, but to show that "naturism" spans the gamut of incomes.

It doesn't cost anything to take off your clothing. Actually, it probably cost more (much more) to put clothes on, maintain and store them.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Lionheart » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:32 am

I often wonder why God has blessed me in the ways that He has. Why did I get called into the line of work I do? He has blessed us in many ways and I have a hard time just receiving it. It is His Grace. I have had to learn to accept myself and others for the calling on each of us no matter how different. If someone make more or less than me, that does not change their worth.

It is interesting that some studies show the more affluent, the more open to social nudity. Not sure it that is true or not. Does it have to due with level of education and openness to different ways of thinking and seeing the world? Broader exposure to other cultures and customs? Higher likelihood to research and discover?
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Permanent Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Lionheart wrote:I often wonder why God has blessed me in the ways that He has. Why did I get called into the line of work I do? He has blessed us in many ways and I have a hard time just receiving it. It is His Grace. I have had to learn to accept myself and others for the calling on each of us no matter how different. If someone make more or less than me, that does not change their worth.

Amen to that.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:09 pm

Lionheart wrote:It is interesting that some studies show the more affluent, the more open to social nudity. Not sure it that is true or not. Does it have to due with level of education and openness to different ways of thinking and seeing the world? Broader exposure to other cultures and customs? Higher likelihood to research and discover?

Perhaps all of the above, in addition to having more spare time relax.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Lionheart » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 pm

natman wrote:
Perhaps all of the above, in addition to having more spare time relax.

Had not thought of that. Could very well be an important reason.
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Permanent Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:37 pm

It is interesting that some studies show the more affluent, the more open to social nudity.

My observations when at a nude-oriented resort is that the people there are almost always among the well-to-do. Nice cars, RVs, trailers, tents, toys, etc. The people were friendly and their children were all well-behaved.

Is it their nudity or their wealth that drives this? I suspect it is the wealth. The homeless I see in San Frncisco do not have the resources to go to such a location. I do not have any idea about their interests.

What do others think about it from this perspective?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:The homeless I see in San Frncisco do not have the resources to go to such a location. I do not have any idea about their interests.

Nudity is a GREAT thing when it is "recreational". It is entirely another thing when it is "involuntary" or "forced". I think that many of the "negative" connotations of "nakedness" in the Bible come from the second one.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself