Hi y'all

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Hi y'all

Postby jimmy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi Dracoyre,

Just adding my welcome along with all the other.

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:01 am

Welcome from northern Illinois, Dracofyre. I've lived a number of places in the US (Maryland, New York, California, Ohio, Washington), but have not been in much of the rest of the world. I didn't even know that Maputo and Beira were good-sized cities in Mozambique until I looked it up.

You've had an interesting life. It's sad you can't say that you're with Wycliffe (where I have friends) or whatever other group you are with. Forums like this may slowly help change that sadly mistaken aspect of Christian culture.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:19 pm

Jim wrote:Welcome from northern Illinois, Dracofyre. I've lived a number of places in the US (Maryland, New York, California, Ohio, Washington), but have not been in much of the rest of the world. I didn't even know that Maputo and Beira were good-sized cities in Mozambique until I looked it up.

You've had an interesting life. It's sad you can't say that you're with Wycliffe (where I have friends) or whatever other group you are with. Forums like this may slowly help change that sadly mistaken aspect of Christian culture.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply.

Yep, I wish I had the freedom to be open, but I'll take what I can get. I really do believe that though nudity is not a theme in the Bible, it does allow it. From what I can tell from my studies, most of the Biblical cultures (Israeli, Egyptian, Mesopotanian, Greek and Roman) nudity was not a big deal. People worked nude, were nude around the house, bathed in public houses or pools nude, were baptized nude, and prophets were often nude. That would have been normal for Jesus and for the apostles and for Christians through the ages, with a few exceptions, until the industrial revolution with its cotton gin and powered looms made clothing cheap. I found when I lived in Lisbon that they were a lot more accepting of seeing nudity in advertizements, in the newspaper and on tv and, of course, on all the beaches. Not sure why modern Americans became so prudish. Seems the only time we see nudity is in movies, and then it is always equated with sex. Something is terribly wrong. Sigh.

Mozambique is a beautiful country with wonderful people. It is so poor it hurts. I enjoyed living there but the poverty around me really got to me and in the end burned me out. I got to go back for a month last year and it was as wonderful and as poor as I remembered it.

Seems that you have indeed lived all around the States. Ive had a chace to visit all of those places but Washington. Would love to see the Northwest.
Blessings,
John
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:25 pm

Dracofyre wrote:I saw you avatar a couple weeks ago and it intrigued me. Are you an artist, or maybe a nude model?

That could be a whole story in itself. Here's the short version: Yes, I've been modeling nude since 2005, when I was 38. I had always wanted to try it since high school, but without the internet back then, it was not easy to find such opportunities. It's great being a nudist, and also great to be paid to be nude.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Yes, being paid to be nude would be great. I saw an add for a nude posing job at the local university art class. I told my wife about it and she got mad. So I guess I wont be applying. Sigh, too bad. Great that you have a wife that shares you naturist bent.
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:25 am

Salutations from South Carolina. Sorry it took me so long to welcome You. I believe we already know each other from elsewhere. I have had some health issues of late and have been on heavy pain meds, to the point of insensibility at times. Coming off of them now and finally able to write coherently (hopefully). I am glad to have you in our little village, hope to be able to kick our feet up on the front porch and have a few discussions. It had been a little too quiet of late, but it seems that things are picking up again. Glad to have you here with us
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself