Greetings and blessings

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Greetings and blessings

Postby Dracofyre » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Your latin is better than mind but I got the basic idea, didnt know there was a latin phrase for it. Must not be a new idea. Thats ok. Theology is the one field one does not want to be creative in.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:56 am

Happens when you grow up in a house of classicists.

There are very few new ideas,

Unfortunately, there is also "difference of opinion makes horseraces, and academics and theologians often delight in debating things best left alone!
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Petros wrote:Unfortunately, there is also "difference of opinion makes horseraces, and academics and theologians often delight in debating things best left alone!

I agree. I think I have a Utilitarian streak, want to talk about things that make a difference. How to be saved matters, the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin doesnt. (Unless you are an angelologist, in which case it may be intresting to determine if angels were completely spiritual, or if they necesarily had some physical form, limiting the pin dancing population. That was what that argument was really about.) On this matter, being of secondary importance, I will tolerate you whatever position you hold. Personally I am of the opinion that angels have no physical form, making the number of pin dancers infinite, although angels can take corporeal form, like the form of a man, somewhat limiting the number that can fit on a pin.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:33 pm

I don't know that I have seen definitive evidence that the recorded angels, like Joshua's, are material anfd not, for example, holograms - in spite of Abraham's angels at the barbecue. I don't know that it matters

The angel is the message.

But my colleagues in academia and creative theologists are constantly debating angelic form / sixe / material. Mind over matter.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Intrestingly, people, when they see real angels, are not interested what they are made of. Rather they are in a state where they have to be told "Fear not!". Wonder why that is, heh heh.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 pm

Something to be said for Balaam's ass. Clearly angel style communication - but less threatening than finding you are not alone in the room.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:32 am

The story of Baalam's ass is one of the clearest proofs that God has a sense of humor, and he is to be listened to.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:24 am

Takes us a while to get the joke sometimes. It is a process - every week or so I get the point of a Balaam episode from my young days.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:21 pm

I hear you. I sometimes figure out what someone was trying to say to me 40 years ago. Thats slow. One good lady friend propositioned me in a clear but undirect way (years ago) It took me several months to work it out. She assumed that my missing the point meant "no". A good thing but it wasnt, I was just dense. Anyway, she is still a friend, thankfully.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:14 am

Yes, there angels on earth, I am married to one. She denies it but I know better.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself