Who We Are - Religious Background

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What is your religious background?

Roman Catholic/Orthodox Catholic
7%
Methodist
8%
Lutheran
4%
Presbyterian
4%
Episcopal/Church of England
3%
Baptist
27%
Pentecostal
9%
Non-denominational Christian/Other
35%
Latter Day Saints
1%
Non-Christian
3%

Total votes : 112

Re: Who We Are - Religious Background

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 am

Maverick wrote:...Most of the time it is not too loud, but too showy--lights, smoke on occasion (seriously?), and the "ethereal" experience with sustained synthesizer chords. Even after a sanctuary renovation, the audio EQing is not that great. Bass guitar is a vague audible rumble at best, guitar tends to get lost in the mix, vocals need to be turned down, etc. I mean, the overall sound could be better and improve the "worship experience" (whatever that is) that the leaders try to provide. They could honestly make the sound more rock concert-ish and it would be an improvement.

Perhaps the Lord is calling brother Maverick into the music ministry. He certainly has a heart for that aspect of worship and I hope and pray that his wisdom is given its due attention.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
Maverick wrote:...Most of the time it is not too loud, but too showy--lights, smoke on occasion (seriously?), and the "ethereal" experience with sustained synthesizer chords. Even after a sanctuary renovation, the audio EQing is not that great. Bass guitar is a vague audible rumble at best, guitar tends to get lost in the mix, vocals need to be turned down, etc. I mean, the overall sound could be better and improve the "worship experience" (whatever that is) that the leaders try to provide. They could honestly make the sound more rock concert-ish and it would be an improvement.

Perhaps the Lord is calling brother Maverick into the music ministry. He certainly has a heart for that aspect of worship and I hope and pray that his wisdom is given its due attention.

Ramblinman, I appreciate your comment. If the Lord is calling, I will try to do as young Samuel did: sit here and say, "Here I am," waiting for instructions from on high. :)
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Maverick wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:

Ramblinman, I appreciate your comment. If the Lord is calling, I will try to do as young Samuel did: sit here and say, "Here I am," waiting for instructions from on high. :)
But approach with thought and prayer the question of whether to tell the pastor or other leaders about "our lifestyle." :shock:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Maverick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:04 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:Perhaps the Lord is calling brother Maverick into the music ministry. He certainly has a heart for that aspect of worship and I hope and pray that his wisdom is given its due attention.

But approach with thought and prayer the question of whether to tell the pastor or other leaders about "our lifestyle." :shock:

Sadly, you're right. And yet, I believe the truth is on our (the naturists') side.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself