A lurker emerges

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A lurker emerges

Postby dv8 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

CNV folks, I can't find any evidence that I have posted before - which kind of blows my mind. I consume a fair number of sites, but some time back I realized that I do not have the stamina to be a full participant in more than one at a time, and since I began my online entry into Christian naturism on another site, that has been where I have participated more fully. Even there, for the first years, I was such a random and inattentive participant that I hesitated to speak up, and sometimes put my foot in my mouth.

All this to say, I have enjoyed many of the conversations here over the years, and often wanted to chime in, but not knowing if I'd be back for a week - or a month - I have avoided inserting myself. But I no longer want to be a lurker only: I may not post often, but I can be affirming at times, and offer a contrary point of view on the rare occasion when I can stick around for follow-through.

I live in the Shenandoah Valley with my wife and 2 of my 3 children (our eldest is studying at the University of Richmond). I teach technical theater at two local anabaptist colleges (yes, the Brethren and the Mennonites engage in theater nowadays). I consider myself an adoptive Mennonite, even though my wife & I are currently attending a Presbyterian church. My wife and I both have family in Minnesota, my home state, and we have lived in St. Louis and in Indiana, gaining many life-long friendships, so we travel to the midwest regularly.

I wish this company peace!
- David
dv8
Native Resident

Re: A lurker emerges

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Welcome to the discussions David. I know you from the other site where you use the same username.

Jim
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Howdy and welcome from North Texas, dv8! The Village is great. Make yourself at home.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Welcome, David, from a fellow Mennonite, whom you might also recognize from that "other site." My son got his M.S. at a Mennonite school in the Shenandoah Valley last year. Beautiful area!
Jim
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 pm

Welcome/welcome back dv8. Glad you're here. I too lived in Indiana for a while, now way east of St. Louis. Hope to hear more from you, about your faith, and your walk with Christ.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 am

Welcome to CNV from the Empire State. May you enjoy your stay.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello David, and welcome from South Jersey!

I also don't get to join in the conversations as often as I'd like, but I enjoy keeping up with them, and the participants. :like:

Warren
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 am

Welcome from south central Missouri.

Don't feel bad about posting and then not getting back for awhile. Happens to me all the time. I post something and then things happen and don't get back for a week or more. And the conversations have left me behind.

Ron :cross:

Naturaldon, when did you move to IL? :D (Far East of STL?)
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 am

Amazing how the currents flow in the land. I began not that far off in MD - family comes in part from Dunker and Mennonite country in western MD , only to end up in the Midwest. Such is life.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Many thanks for the heartfelt welcome. It's better to be out from under cover! I do recognize a number here, and it will be interesting to take part in different conversations with the some of the same folks on different sites.
Petros wrote:Amazing how the currents flow in the land. I began not that far off in MD - family comes in part from Dunker and Mennonite country in western MD, only to end up in the Midwest. Such is life.

Interesting that you use the term, "Dunker." I wasn't very familiar with the Anabaptists before moving to this area, but I had never heard that term for the Church of the Brethren until I was in a historical play about the Mennonites and the Dunkers in the Shenandoah Valley set during the civil war.* I had assumed it was lost in 19th-century antiquity, only brought up in 2012 for the sake of historical accuracy.

* Interesting concept: the peace church members followed one of three courses during the war.
    1. Obey the government, since it has been established by God; go to war, and serve fully.
    2. Sign up to serve, but make it plain that they would not shoot to kill another human (cook, load wagons, do medical work etc.).
    3. Try for Conscientious Objector status (nice CO anagram :) ), or run away to the North.
This play follows one family, with different members following one of these three paths.
dv8
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 am

Sounds interesting.

Dunker is all over the literature I have been through chasing my heritage. Our Marylanders were mostly out of it, but a few fought North, about as many fought South.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:37 am

Welcome, from out of the woodwork. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby dv8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Since I'm not yet eligible to post under Bare_Truth's solar eclipse topic, I thought this might go here.

I wish all an enjoyable day observing a uniques manifestation of the majesty and wisdom of God's creation through viewing the solar eclipse today. Stay safe!
dv8
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:22 pm

The eclipse was indeed awesome, it was my third.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Please Introduce Yourself