Watch Your Language: No "N" words allowed here!

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Watch Your Language: No "N" words allowed here!

Postby natman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:24 am

Ihsomiet wrote:What if I wanted to explain how I came to be here and my faith and nudity has something to do with it?

We have other forums for discussion about nudity and naturism. The intent was not to lambast those who tripped onto the site or who were seeking Christian fellowship first and foremost.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: Introducing...

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:20 am

jasenj1 wrote:....My real introduction is over on the "Are you a naturist?" board where the "NO NUDIST COMMENTS" rule does not apply. I'm here to talk about nudism, but since that's not supposed to happen in this board and I appear to be required to make a post here, I made it very short........
Ah, A reasonable if atypical interpretation of the instructions.

We usually get a bit more information, all of a general nature of course, stuff like
-- age,
-- gender,
-- country,
-- state,
-- maybe city,
-- profession,
-- course of study (if a student)
-- profession,
-- family status,
-- etc.
just stuff like that, just general thumbnail sketch background information. The instructions say, "It doesn't have to be long" and you certainly took us at our word on that one.

Since your "real introduction" is at "are you a naturist" you apparantly identify strongly as that. From your account there I piece together that you are in your upper 40's or thereabout and male, with an early introduction to naturism.

I think you are going to enjoy it here and I certainly hope you do. So welcome again, (as in it is Well that you have come !). We are glad to have you here and are looking forward to more posts.

Bare_Truth
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:23 pm

See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=682&start=0

But the prohibition on "N" words seems to be generally ignored. There's even pictures of naked women in some of the threads! Why have rules if they're going to be ignored?

- Jasen.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Re: Watch Your Language: No "N" words allowed here!

Postby jasenj1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 pm

The "rules" laid out here appear to be regularly ignored and not enforced. Why bother?

- Jasen.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:52 am

jasenj1 wrote:.......But the prohibition on "N" words seems to be generally ignored. There's even pictures of naked women in some of the threads! Why have rules if they're going to be ignored?- Jasen.

I cannot speak with authority seeing as how I do not hold any position of authority on this website, However, I can perhaps offer a few suppositions to which I hold.'

Some of the nudity results from the avatars. If you create and avatar it is displayed with all your posts past and present, including any posts you made when you had no avatar. and if you create a new one it supplants the old one in all previous messages.

Yes, some people have posted nude pictures of themselves, and while that may push the limit, it is part of their identity, and should someone mention in passing that they are Christian and/or a naturist neither of those, "mentioned in passing", really constitutes a discussion of nudism or Christianity beyond a minimum citation of a key factor in their lives. It is not as if they were giving a doctrinal dissertation about their religious views, or a history of visits to their favorite resorts.

Such minimal mention, while plausibly a violation of the instruction, does not seem to violate the spirit and intent of the rule. My own take on the rule is that most people who post here will likely be Christian of some ilk, and to some degree, interested in or involved in naturism. I perceive the purpose of the forum to make the newcomers more than a one or two dimensional person:
-- Are they a teen or retired?
-- Are they single or married with a family?
-- Are they a plumber or a brain surgeon?
-- Are they male or female?
-- Are they an urbanite renting a small flat or are they rural living in their own home on a hundred acres?
-- Do they follow literary pursuits or do they do chain saw sculptures?
This website is largely populated by people with broad social interests, but since it is built on two common special interests, Christianity and Naturism, this particular forum functions to be an initial opportunity to broaden our understanding of newcomers.

"Newcomer" is however an important part of of the status of those who post in this forum. The entire population of the web site constitutes a welcoming social group for those of like minds on Christianity and naturism. Newcomers may not have a full grasp of what all that entails, So while the rule against posting a lot about one's Religion or Naturism exists for this particular forum, it is perhaps the better part of wisdom and hospitality to regard it more like a guideline, (so long as the infraction is not egregious), in order that we may be more welcoming hosts to those newly arrived. And should a newcomer not fully grasp the intent of the rule, then the moderator can by personal message gently suggest that the newcomer edit their post and place the appropriate portions in the other two introduction forums.

Well, that is my take on the matter, but since I am not part of the official staff I will have to leave it to them to correct or modify this view.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:23 pm

jasenj1 wrote:See http://cnvillage.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=682&start=0

But the prohibition on "N" words seems to be generally ignored. There's even pictures of naked women in some of the threads! Why have rules if they're going to be ignored?

- Jasen.

Jasen,

Unfortunately, we are an all-volunteer administration and moderation team. In fact, it seems that I am the only one who does much moderation here although several other are qualified to do so.

To be clear, the "N-Rule" was only intended to apply to the initial "Introduction" forum.

This site is a spin-off of another "Christian" naturist site where we were not allowed to talk about anything unless it had a tie-in back to naturism/nudism, and particularly anything political. The late founder of this site wanted to create a site that could be used as both a witness to Christ as well as a place for us to discuss the issues of practicing naturism. In fact, this was to be a site where we would be a true community of people with some commonality as either Christians, seekers of Christ, naturists/nudists, seekers of naturism/nudism, Christian naturists/nudists and many other common points.

We wanted to feel free to discuss ANYTHING that was a concern to our community, including evangelism, varying Christian beliefs and even politics which may have positive or negative affects on our lives, not merely our ability to be nude.

As such, we wanted the site to be a SAFE place where people who were searching for understanding about Christianity could come and not be hit in the face with discussions and images of nudity right off the bat, but could then explore at their leisure.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, we (mostly me) have allowed several "N"-related comments in the intro forum, either due to lack of moderation time or because we missed the fact that they were in that particular forum at the time. At this point, it would take a great deal of time to moderate all of the posts that have "N"-related comments.

I hope this helps you and other understand the situation.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jasenj1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:02 pm

natman wrote:I hope this helps you and other understand the situation.

Yes, I understand. I don't want to be "that guy" who barges into the room and starts telling everyone they're doing it wrong. I've been online 30+ years and have participated in lots of forums covering many interests. I grasp the effort required to keep a site going.

When I joined up here I took the time to read through the introductory instructions and it seemed very explicit that "N" words are not to be mentioned in the intro forum - yet they are all over the place.

Maybe I'll get plugged in enough here to take on a moderator role. I'm certainly capable - I'm a software engineer by day.

Peace.

- Jasen.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Please Introduce Yourself