Our Pastors, Lay Leaders, Couples, Teens, and more

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Our Pastors, Lay Leaders, Couples, Teens, and more

Postby satexsun » Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Ned,

My sympathies on the loss of your wife. Welcome to the Village. I'm sure that you will find yourself very welcomed here. I am originally from Michigan, but living now in northwestern Georgia. I hope to get to know you better through your posts. Drop me a note or email any time.

Brother in Christ,

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby Mrs. Tim » Wed May 27, 2009 8:46 pm

It's great that you are honoring her memory this way.
Blessings to you.
Mrs. Tim
Mrs. Tim
Resident

Postby littlemrlancs » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 am

Ive only just found this site again after registering quite a while back.

naturism is something Ive rediscovered over the past few years. I found it hard to match it with my christian beliefs. Its sites like this that have helped me with it, in truth.

Anyway back on topic. I worked with operation mobilisation in India for 4 years. Great days and times, even though i never once expressed my leanings towards nudism.
littlemrlancs
Resident

Postby Cliff » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:26 am

Very interesting information. Took some work, but it was worth it. Thank you for doing it. Glad to be here.
Cliff
Resident

Postby SandC » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Add to these statistics a deacon and his wife, presbyterian, both nudists (when possible), central California, lifelong Christians.
SandC
Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:42 am

Another Presbyterian here, Ordaned Elder too, widowed, and from the San Francisco Bay Area.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:58 am

New_Adventurer wrote:Another Presbyterian here, Ordaned Elder too, widowed, and from the San Francisco Bay Area.

Out of curiosity (and not being Presbyterian) what does "Ordained Elder" mean? I understand the elder part but are all Presbyterian elders ordained or is that something that you've done extra?

To me, ordained means that you have satisfied some sort of test to determine you subscribe to basic tenants of the the church, possibly outside the basic stuff.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Djadja » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Im not sure what an Ordained Elder in the Presbyterian church is either, but I've been asked to serve as a Deacon next year. This is a pretty conservative congregation for the most part, so I'm not open about naturism.
Djadja
Native Resident

Postby thom79 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:49 am

I guess I will be the first Church of the Nazarene person. I am on the church board and am the janitor of the family life center.
thom79
Resident

Postby jimmy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:57 pm

I believe that Ordained Elder usually means the individual is licensed by the denomination to perform all the functions of a Pastor. That means administer the sacraments, perform marriages, etc. In the Free Methodist and Nazarene denominations, this is true at least.

Jimmy
jimmy
Councillor

Postby jochanaan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Thom, I'm a former Nazarene; graduated MNU '82 when it was still MANC. I've "seen" one or two other Nazarenes on the Christian naturist forums. 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby natman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:48 pm

thom79 wrote:I guess I will be the first Church of the Nazarene person. I am on the church board and am the janitor of the family life center.

There you have it. Every job is important and should be done to the Glory of God... including cleaning toilets.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm

natman wrote:
thom79 wrote:I guess I will be the first Church of the Nazarene person. I am on the church board and am the janitor of the family life center.

There you have it. Every job is important and should be done to the Glory of God... including cleaning toilets.

Are there any congregations that want to demonstrate that cleaning toilets is not important? Just leave them to fester for a few weeks!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby satexsun » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 pm

My dad was custodian and grounds keeper for our old church back in Michigan. You'd be surprised how many people fussed when he wasn't there because they realized how many things got done that no one else had to do.

The church was reuilt in 1962-63 ( I was in the 8th grade when it was dedicated) and his foot and finger prints are still all over the buildings and grounds.

He gave up the job about 8 years ago.

Thanks for bringing up good memories of my late dad.

Larry
De Colores!! Sometimes He calms the storm, other times He calms the child.
satexsun
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:29 am

Ramblinman wrote:Are there any congregations that want to demonstrate that cleaning toilets is not important? Just leave them to fester for a few weeks!

Perhaps whatever congregations Sally Fields might belong to (if she goes to church at all). Several years ago, she said that she would only flush her toilets when they were completely full in order to conserve water. I bet her house smells LOVELY.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

PreviousNext

Return to Please Introduce Yourself