Our Pastors, Lay Leaders, Couples, Teens, and more

New members are invited to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't have to reveal any personal information you're not comfortable with sharing. We don't allow any web links or email addresses here. Please reserve your naturist comments for Are You a Naturist? You must post here before gaining access to the Full Member category. All New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Our Pastors, Lay Leaders, Couples, Teens, and more

Postby natman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:31 am

satexsun wrote:... his foot and finger prints are still all over the buildings and grounds.

It sounds as though they are against using vacuum cleaners and furniture polish. :wink:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Sally is being foolish and unsanitary. I guess she doesn't know about the Clivus Multrum composting toilet.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nudenow55 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:19 am

Lutheran Lay Leader who love spreading the Good New of Jesus in any way I am able, be word of mouth or through electronic means such as this group.
nudenow55
Resident

Postby davidmeyer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:42 pm

This is awesome! My wife and I have been leaders in our church for many years, and I am blessed to be able to preach from time to time. This is so great to see so many active in the Word and unashamed in their naturist living.
David Meyer

Follow my Journey!
http://www.nudistliving.com
davidmeyer
New Comer

Postby natman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:35 am

Howdy David and welcome to the "Village" from Houston Texas.

I read through your excellent blog.

If you don't mind, what types of leadership roles do you and your wife fill and to what denomination do you belong.

Has anyone in your local church found out about your desire to be a naturist? If so, what was your response and what was their reaction?

We are Southern Baptists. I am in the choir and teach Sunday School and my wife plays in the praise band. She has no qualms about expressing our spending "naked time" in and around our house (although she has said she does not want to go to a naturist resort).

This far, we have not received a single raised eyebrow or negative comment from any of our family, friends, neighbors or church members.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Nathan,

If someone enjoys home nudity, but expresses an opposition to naturist resorts, that eliminates much of what Christians typically object to.

If a husband and wife are nude only in the privacy of their back yard, only the most radical eisegesis could condemn that.

I'd like to see what kind of reaction you would get if you and your wife decided to engage in social nudity.

In my opinion, social nudity is one of the best things a Christian family can do to help reinforce positive attitudes about nudity and positive attitudes about the body in general. This applies to the husband and wife of course, but even more so for their children.

Negative attitudes about the body are so extreme these days, that Christian parents don't have much hope for their kids in overcoming the onslaught of peer pressure and perverted media without their regular active participation in the naturist community.

In other years, a couple could simply be home nudists and have a reasonable chance with their kids following their example. Now it typically takes much more than that to successfully pass down our nudist heritage to the next generation.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Ramblinman,

I agree with you 100%.

My wife is not ready to make the jump to social nudity yet, although, she seems a little closer every day, especially since it has been so hot here. I think the thing that will change her completely is if she finds herself in a situation where she is surrounded by naked people. 'Not sure how that will happen and I am not likely going to push it or her. However, I can pray and hope.

Actually, it is not that important to me apart from the fact that I would love to be able to visit a naturist beach some time and not be too concerned about her reaction. Perhaps we will find ourselves in close proximity to one someday and we can just pop in.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:58 pm

natman wrote:Ramblinman,

I agree with you 100%.

My wife is not ready to make the jump to social nudity yet, although, she seems a little closer every day, especially since it has been so hot here. I think the thing that will change her completely is if she finds herself in a situation where she is surrounded by naked people. 'Not sure how that will happen and I am not likely going to push it or her. However, I can pray and hope.

Actually, it is not that important to me apart from the fact that I would love to be able to visit a naturist beach some time and not be too concerned about her reaction. Perhaps we will find ourselves in close proximity to one someday and we can just pop in.

Nathan, we join you in praying that the Lord will use all the means at his disposal to take your wife further down the path you are traveling. And your children too.
For a time I dug in my heels and resisted following my father's example.
I only pray that all those who follow your lead will not be as slow to respond as I was.

Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby gdk1959 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:18 pm

lay preacher and evangelist here
gdk1959
Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 am

gdk1959 wrote:lay preacher and evangelist here

GDK,

Howdy and welcome to the "Village" from Houston Texas (USA).

'Glad to have another preacher on board. Feel free to grab a soap box and proclaim the Word as the Spirit directs.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby gdk1959 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:11 am

wow these are really interesting stats - i love reading about Christians who share my desires when i thought i was in such a minority before
gdk1959
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:41 pm

GDK,

I'm always meeting pastors at nudist venues.
Naturism stands up to theological scrutiny, so for anyone who takes the trouble to study the matter, they find it a blessing when they embrace God's original plan.

After I encountered some resistance to naturism, I switched to a different, more grace-oriented denomination, but am still very much a bible-believer and see only harmony between my Christian faith and naturist concepts about the goodness of the body as God gives it: nude and unashamed.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby KalosSoma » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 pm

I referred to some of this in my "introduction" recently, but I am an elder, lay speaker and small-group study leader in a small Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) congregation. I have some history in the evangelical wing of the church, as my wife is a Southern Baptist "preacher's kid," and I was a youth leader for several years first in a Southern Baptist church, then an American Baptist church, before coming to the Disciples. I had the incredible privilege of speaking on several occasions when our current church was between pastors, and the even more incredible, and humbling, privilege of leading worship and Communion. Matter of fact, I'm filling in this Sunday while our pastor's on vacation -- got to get to work on the service! :-)
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Re: Our Pastors and Missionaries, in order of posting

Postby pickypilot » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 pm

SiteAdmin wrote:LivingFree, Eastern USA, pastor (ret), Mennonite
Nakedflyer, UK, pastor/school headmaster, Foursquare
MatthewNeal, IL, pastor/worship leader, unspecified denomination
Merwin Van Doornick, MI, pastor (ret), unspecified denomination
willbtan, TN, pastor/missionary;S.S. teacher, Baptist
SoaringEagle59, KY, pastor, Baptist
WorshipLeader, OH, pastor/worship leader, non-denominational
onrdoc, Ontario, Canada, pastor, unspecified denomination
vicjane, Philippines, missionaries, unspecified denomination
happy2beadam, location not given, pastor, unspecified denomination
eve4theor, location not given, pastoring with "adam," unspecified denomination (also RN)
ron, unspecified location, pastor, unspecified denomination
deldelotta, CA, pastor, evangelical denomination
TheNakedProphet, CO, house-church planter, Full Gospel

pickypilot, Four Square pastor, Calvary Chapel Deacon, Biblical Counselors with wife.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
pickypilot
Resident

Postby ihaveel » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 pm

ihaveel, formerly Foursquare, then much more evangelical, now transdenominational and member of an independent fellowship, and a missionary in Africa for most of the past 34 years.
ihaveel

PreviousNext

Return to Please Introduce Yourself