A Very Interesting Browse.......

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

A Very Interesting Browse.......

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:20 am

I have just completed a few hours of interesting browising with respect to nudism.

The random thought occured to me to try a different internet browse on a term I had not searched before. As I got different and interesting hits let me start by noting my search tools.

I was:
-- operating a linux mint operating system
-- using Firefox as my browser
-- using startpage as my search engine
-- and my search term was "nudist culture"

I hit a group of nudist/naturist sites/articles that I had not seen before after years of browsing various naturist sites & articles. Whether that particular combination got me into something I had not seen before or whether I would just have just as likely gotten me to the same place. I cannot say, but it definitely got me into pages I had not seen before. So a fresh (to me) bunch of articles was a worthwhile outcome.

The sites I hit and considered particularly interesting were:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/naked-germany/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5bbkyq/nudists_of_reddit_what_taboos_or_nonos_exist_in/

http://www.processhistory.org/hoffman-naked-a-cultural-history-of-american-nudism/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/24/t-magazine/travel/german-nudist-culture-fkk-freikorperkultur.html

And those are just the ones I dug into before I ran out of time.

I had never though to search a more scholarly term such as "nudist culture" and it turned out to be rewarding and interesting. Reading an analysis and history about the culture I have joined proved both interesting and inspiring and instructive and increased my understanding about the movement and its origins not to mention inspiring about those who founded the movement in various countries as well as it gave me insight into the background about the various legal and social roots affecting the movement. There are some worthwhile facets to investigate in those articles as well as practical insights.

So it may make for some good reads that some will enjoy. Now maybe some of you will find such a search to be useful or entertaining. I included a smattering of URL's to some I found of particular interest just in case your choice of browsers and search engines etc lead you elsewhere....and should that happen and bear interesting fruit..... please share what you find.

P.S. Some may find that some of the articles lean a little more toward "academic or historic fare", but then I am a bit academic. Knowing a bit of the history of our movement, could prove useful for both present and future situations (i.E. it can keep one from reinventing the wheel: especially the square ones that don't work so well :argh: :duh: ).
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: A Very Interesting Browse.......

Postby RMOlson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Great ! I am always looking for academic information on naturism. I am excited to read the links posted.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Re: A Very Interesting Browse.......

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:20 am

RMOlson wrote:Great ! I am always looking for academic information on naturism. I am excited to read the links posted.

---------------------------
Don't just settle for the ones I found, look for more of the same and let us know if you find any gems. :fantastic:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Return to What is nudism / naturism?