THIS IS A CHALLENGE

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

THIS IS A CHALLENGE

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Without going into a lengthy run-on sentance. compose a one sentance answer to the question "Christian Naturist ??, What is that???"

The object here is to prepare in advance a single sentence answer that could be used in a situation where you have identified to a Textile that you are a Christian Naturist.

You should assume that in this case the textile is not particularly hostile but is confused about the juxtaposition of the words "Christian" and "Naturist" and likely thinks the two terms together constitute an oxymoron / Non- Sequitur / impossibility

Ok guys & gals, give it your best most diplomatic clearest and concise shot.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: THIS IS A CHALLENGE

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 am

I would just interject a caution, without in the least intending to be contrary, than which few things are further from my intent, simply as a reminder for those who do not normally interact with second-generation academics with lawyer grandparents, pointing out that the restriction to a single sentence, even with the language specified to be English, is not, quite obviously, absolutely certain to guarantee, if such things can be guaranteed or even consistently predicted, anything that the average speaker of English, or indeed any other Western European language, could reasonably count as concision, nor yet precision.

I could go on, well ye wit - but time is money.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:56 am

Petros wrote:I would just interject a caution, without in the least intending to be contrary, than which few things are further from my intent, simply as a reminder for those who do not normally interact with second-generation academics with lawyer grandparents, pointing out that the restriction to a single sentence, even with the language specified to be English, is not, quite obviously, absolutely certain to guarantee, if such things can be guaranteed or even consistently predicted, anything that the average speaker of English, or indeed any other Western European language, could reasonably count as concision, nor yet precision.

Well, you got your wish - no run-on sentences!!! :doh:

Christian Naturists are not another denomination, but simply a group of people who realize that we were created without shame, and who enjoy the freedom of living without shame.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:11 am

I am a follower of Jesus who enjoys the feeling of everyday life without clothes, something God doesn't seem to mind.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 am

bn2bnude wrote:I am a follower of Jesus who enjoys the feeling of everyday life without clothes, something God doesn't seem to mind.

Good one bn2bnude :!: :like:
At a mere 21 words you certainly packed in a lot of meaning, so you definitely got it concise.

nudie66 wrote:Christian Naturists are not another denomination, but simply a group of people who realize that we were created without shame, and who enjoy the freedom of living without shame.

At 29 words you are definitely concise, however by introducing the word "shame" You might get a response like:
"What do you mean when you say 'shame' ?"
Then depending on how academic you and your listener(s) are you may have opened the floor for a discussion and examination of the topiic. This could prove to be an excellent approach depending on the situation and the personalities present. If you had one or more "theological types" present the whole discussion could devolve into the meaning of "shame". That would be a situation that might prove fruitful if someone can keep it back on the original topic of "Christian Naturism".

Keep it up guys ! This is good stuff! For naturist issues this is analogous to Peter's admonition with respect to our Christian faith in general, quoted here with surrounding context
In verse 15 if 1Pet 3: and with context the apsotle Peter wrote: 13 And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
Our readiness to explain our Christian Naturist outlook as a facet of our overall Christian conduct and faith may be a way to show both Christian faith and our "freedom in Christ"

--------------------------
Keep the suggestions coming please
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:54 am

A Christian naturist is one who confesses Jesus is Lord and believes that God Him from the dead.

As for clothing, I haven't got that far. But the main point is Jesus, me clothed or not. More to come if I can think how to work in a word or two about textilization vs. sanctification.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:42 pm

naturaldon wrote:A Christian naturist is one who confesses Jesus is Lord and believes that God Him from the dead......More to come if I can think how to work in a word or two about textilization vs. sanctification.
Well you got the easy half of how to explain what a Christian Naturist is, but the real challenge is how to get across the idea, to a textile, about how the two halves go together. :lol: But keep trying.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:26 pm

A "Christian-Naturist" is someone who believes that the Bible is the Word of God, by Whom all things (including the nude human body) were created and declared "very good" and acceptable in His sight.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:51 pm

"Christian Naturist ??, What is that???" - how do we answer?

"Well, I am a Christian, and I enjoy the adventure of being just as God created me, without clothes and especially while outdoors. He created us without clothes and said "it is good".
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:40 pm

A Christian naturist is one who confesses Jesus is Lord and believes that God raised Him from the dead, and who celebrates being naked and not ashamed as we were created to be in the image and glory of God.

40 words... Still working on it...
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:15 pm

For me, the definition would vary depending on who I was talking to. A devout Christian? An unbeliever? Someone who thinks naturism is just another word for naturalism?

To a Christian asking the question, my answer would be: "A Christian naturist is one who realizes and embraces that nudity is not sinful, and that naturism and Christianity are not mutually exclusive."
I would then explain how nudity is not sinful and naturism and Christianity are not mutually exclusive if the inquirer so inquires, but this would be my elevator pitch, per se.
23 words.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:18 pm

...and that naturism and Christianity are not mutually exclusive.

I consider them to be highly inclusive. I went to the Sequoians once during a light rain on a cold midweek winter afternoon, laid myself out spread eagle on the lawn, and prayed. After about ten minutes I felt much better emotionally, was shivering cold, and headed straight to the hot tub. I don't know if anyone saw me or not, may have thought I was nuts or something, but I did feel greatly refreshed. I was still in deep mourning at the time and I slept very will that night. Shortly after that I asked a lady friend if she was available for lunch. We married almost a year later, and that was six years ago.

Back to the original purpose of this strip: I am a Christian and I enjoy being a naturist at the same time. No conflict for me, not sinning, just a closer walk with Jesus. Shed your worldly mask and be true to yourself and to God. Very empowering, highly relaxing, and unashamed.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:27 am

New_Adventurer wrote:.............. "I am a Christian and I enjoy being a naturist at the same time.
No conflict for me, not sinning, just a closer walk with Jesus.
Shed your worldly mask and be true to yourself and to God.
Very empowering, highly relaxing, and unashamed.

Good and only 44 words but alas 4 sentences, But I like it anyway!
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:09 pm

New_Adventurer, emphasis added wrote:I consider them to be highly inclusive. I went to the Sequoians once during a light rain on a cold midweek winter afternoon, laid myself out spread eagle on the lawn, and prayed. After about ten minutes I felt much better emotionally, was shivering cold, and headed straight to the hot tub. I don't know if anyone saw me or not, may have thought I was nuts or something, but I did feel greatly refreshed. I was still in deep mourning at the time and I slept very will that night. Shortly after that I asked a lady friend if she was available for lunch. We married almost a year later, and that was six years ago.

Back to the original purpose of this strip: I am a Christian and I enjoy being a naturist at the same time. No conflict for me, not sinning, just a closer walk with Jesus. Shed your worldly mask and be true to yourself and to God. Very empowering, highly relaxing, and unashamed.

Bravo! Perhaps I will edit/amend my elevator pitch.

Bare_Truth wrote:Good and only 44 words but alas 4 sentences, But I like it anyway!

Technically, 1 sentence, 2 fragments, and 1 imperative, but who's counting? :wink:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 am

Nudism and naturism are what Big Brother and hoi polloi say they are, but people with a desire to be nude are just that.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Next

Return to What is nudism / naturism?