Naturism connection with Health and Environment

Are you new to this way of life? Does terminology confuse you? Have you heard lots of horror stories that frighten you? This is the place to ask questions about terminology, meanings of words, and more.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Naturism connection with Health and Environment

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:20 am

I see signs in recent years that the concept of naturism is expanding to include (once again perhaps) the concepts of healthy living and environmental stewardship.

Healthy living is a logical extension of the concept of reverence for the human body as a gift from God.

Environmental stewardship recognizes the role of a healthy environment in:
1. Promoting our own health
2. Maintaining the earth as an extension of God's command to Adam and Eve to dress and tend the garden.
3. Preserving plant and animal species diversity as much as possible as living testimonies to our Creator God.
4. Recognizing the Earth as "God's footstool", sacred from pole to pole.
5. Nudity in the natural world to the extent that climate and our physical limitations allow, honors Edenic nudity and God's original plan for his creatures, including us!

God knew what he was doing. Unclothed humanity was NOT an incomplete creation. We were meant to be that way.

Here is a very encouraging article about this trend in France: https://www.thelocal.fr/20160613/young- ... -in-nudism

I'll pass along the most pertinent portion below:
Speaking with La Libération newspaper, Julie Leclerc from the FNN said that naturists often prefer to eat organic food, care for sustainable development, and push for the preservation of the planet.

Being naked is the best means of being closer to nature and is considered a prime state for reflection, she added.

Anne Sol, who runs the Fiscalou campsite in the Midi-Pyrénées in south western France, told The Local that this interest in healthy living is central to the beliefs of this new wave of naturists.

She added that the media played a large part in the influx of visits from younger people.

People are becoming increasingly heath conscious and the media as well as businesses across France have seized this, she explained.

"In the past few years, various super-food and healthy eating fads have been continuously publicised," she said.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Re: Naturism connection with Health and Environment

Postby Jim » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:37 am

Ramblinman wrote:I see signs in recent years that the concept of naturism is expanding to include (once again perhaps) the concepts of healthy living and environmental stewardship.

Yes, the history I've read has health in the center of early naturism in the US. The day at an early nudist camp would start early with group exercises.
Jim
Native Resident

Re: Naturism connection with Health and Environment

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am

Jim wrote:
Ramblinman wrote:I see signs in recent years that the concept of naturism is expanding to include (once again perhaps) the concepts of healthy living and environmental stewardship.

Yes, the history I've read has health in the center of early naturism in the US. The day at an early nudist camp would start early with group exercises.

I tend to start my day with a yawn and cup of coffee, but eventually get around to the gym and fitness trail.
If left to itself, my body would atrophy into a useless mess and I could not enjoy any of my outdoor hobbies.
Must stay fit!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Return to What is nudism / naturism?