I need a reason?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: I need a reason?

Postby DaveT » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:20 pm

Or why is it that we automatically become sinners in the sight of the world if we try to return to the original innocent state of man before the fall? Whether in dress or practice.

Do I need a reason? It should be a given that we desire a perfect lifestyle. Our Creator gave us a perfect lifestyle, (to our first grandparents at least) They forfeited it by disobeying God's express command, (the test of loyalty) But ever since then we have a deep longing to return. Adam and Eve would have experienced the deepest longing because they had experienced it and then lost it due to their own goof. That longing may not be recognized for what it is, but it's there. And many people do not even know what a perfect lifestyle is. They strive to get rich, and then surround themselves with the pleasures money can buy, thinking the things of this world can make them happy. But many come to realize before they die that it's all vanity as Soloman said. Jesus also, (who was the wisest man who ever lived) said "A man's life consisteth not of the abundance of things he posesseth." What makes a mans life is relationships, with God, nature, and other people. And the picture of the ideal relationship with all 3 is the Garden of Eden. So when we desire to dispense with clothing, connect with nature in some way, or that deep longing to be right with God, a certain uneasiness when we're not. it's all part of the picture. God is saying to us "I love you, I want you to be happy, I want you to be with me, I want to give the Garden back to you." Which is exactly what His plans are for this whole world. To clean it up and turn it into something like the Garden of Eden all the way around, and then give a big estate section of it to every single person who has been rescued from the old miserable earth. It's up to us to get ready to live there.

Isa.65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

2Pet.3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev.21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Rev.21:27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Dave, you have a knack for seeing the big picture. It is about going back to Eden in every sense of the word.
Some people take such a negative view of God and life that they all they can see is the angel with the flaming sword.
Yet God calls us to heal the sick, minister to those hurt by this fallen world.
Though my garden and yours naturally grow thorns and weeds, we uproot them and plant gardens anyway.
God never said "Leave the thorns alone because I want to curse you and your children!"
Likewise, God never issued a command to "always wear clothes".
We wear clothes as needed and provide them to others as needed, but much of the time, my body is far better off without them.
Nudity is not always about sex. In most cases it rarely is despite what popular culture tries to tell us.
For us, nudity is part of our return to Eden and the perfect will of God.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:31 pm

I guess there is no new reason to want to live and work naked. Just reviewing and refreshing the old ones. The one of greatest validity being that desire to return to the innocent happy life that we were meant to enjoy before sin messed things up. When naked was the way everyone was and lust had not been thought of. Those who despise nakedness are contaminated by sin, influenced by the sin of lust being tied to naked, and without really thinking it through are throwing out the good along with the bad. Discarding the baby with the bath water as it's been put. While that slight mistake is not a serious one; that is God can save people in spite of some mistakes. But by learning and practicing the truth in regards to it we can have much benefit.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:12 pm

On the contrary, DaveT, there are lots of "new" reasons to go nude, one for every physical and psychological health benefit we have discovered. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:05 am

jochanaan wrote:On the contrary, DaveT, there are lots of "new" reasons to go nude, one for every physical and psychological health benefit we have discovered. :)

For those Christians who want the Reader's Digest Version:
You are welcome to explore the question of why God set things up the way he did (including naked humans in a lush garden).
But some folks are content to trust in HIS wisdom and enjoy life more in keeping with Eden's ways, knowing that God knows best.
The Bible does ask us to be ready to give an answer, so a certain amount of preparation is wise, the details of which depend on your calling in life.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:42 am

And sometimes our answer is closest to the answer to Job - a step up from "Because"
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nusixty » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Never have needed a reason. Sleeping naked is so comfortable that I could never imagined wearing any piece of clothing to bed
nusixty
Resident

Postby natman » Fri May 12, 2017 4:36 pm

nusixty wrote:Never have needed a reason. Sleeping naked is so comfortable that I could never imagined wearing any piece of clothing to bed

:like: :like: :like:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun May 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I have slept naked since 19872 when I got my apartment. And as I asked further up in this posting, No, I am not unhinged.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Mon May 15, 2017 6:23 am

New_Adventurer wrote:I have slept naked since 19872 when I got my apartment.

Looks like a typo. 1987? 1972?
Jim
Native Resident

Postby jay_p » Tue May 16, 2017 9:19 am

I sleep naked, but also since I am the first one up I make the kids lunches while nude in the morning. Once school ends and I don't have to get the kids up, I will have a little extra time naked in the mornings as well.
jay_p
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Yep, it is a real typographical error, bad typing and not reading it a second time. The correct year is 1972.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?