I need a reason?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 am

natman wrote:
New_Adventurer wrote:I have slept naked since 19872 when I got my apartment. And as I asked further up in this posting, No, I am not unhinged.
...
Yep, it is a real typographical error, bad typing and not reading it a second time. The correct year is 1972.


WHEW! I thought you might be one of those alleged time travelers I keep reading about on Facebook :wink:

Nathan,
We all travel through time, except for Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.
But that is in the forward direction. There are times when I wish I could go visit my past self and give him a good talking-to.
But God can do that. He sees past present and future as we might see the frames of a 35mm movie sitting on the top of a desk.

Another oddity: I read about a woman who gave birth in November 2017 to a baby that was conceived in 1992.
Frozen donated embryo resulted in a 26-year-old mother with a "25-year-old" baby.
https://www.thecut.com/2017/12/tina-gib ... h-ivf.html

Sleeping naked is awesome comfort. I rarely wear anything at night. Quilts are way better than Pajamas.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Petros » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:42 am

Both van be kicked to the floor - but it is easier to do with blankets, quilts and comforters.

Hmm - has NO ONE started a bedding company named "Job's Comforters"? A good second career after Apple, I would have thought.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
User avatar
Petros
Native Resident
 
Posts: 5297
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Petros wrote:Both van be kicked to the floor - but it is easier to do with blankets, quilts and comforters.

Hmm - has NO ONE started a bedding company named "Job's Comforters"? A good second career after Apple, I would have thought.

Job's comforters?
These guys come to mind:
Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite

Cold comfort indeed!
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Maverick » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
Petros wrote:Both van be kicked to the floor - but it is easier to do with blankets, quilts and comforters.

Hmm - has NO ONE started a bedding company named "Job's Comforters"? A good second career after Apple, I would have thought.

Job's comforters?
These guys come to mind:
Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite

Cold comfort indeed!


What about "Lot and His Staff"?
Client testimonial: "They comfort me!"
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Lionheart » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:02 am

I don’t have all the research for this yet, but I know that different cloth material has different electrical charge properties. When clothed, I prefer electrically neutral or low charge fabrics like linen and cotton. Anything natural allows me to rest. Being naked in nature, bare feet on the ground, wind and sun on the fullness of my skin is the most electrically neutral. I think it allows us to relax more than anything else. If anyone has research on this let me know.
Lionheart
 

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Lionheart » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:08 am

Just though of another reason. Long time ago I was having a discussion with our river guide on a rafting trip in Colorado. It was cold at night and we were all trying to stay warm at night. What is the best way to sleep in a sleeping bag we asked. Naked, he replied. The reason was simple. Cloths worn during the day collect moisture that cools us at night. Remove the cloths, remove the moisture. Also, any clothing like just wearing underwear, creates zones of different temperature. Being naked allows the body to be one zone at the same temp and thus more comfortable. I think that is why sleeping naked under a blanket or sleeping bag feels more comfortable. I love sleeping naked.
Lionheart
 

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Maverick » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Lionheart wrote:I don’t have all the research for this yet, but I know that different cloth material has different electrical charge properties. When clothed, I prefer electrically neutral or low charge fabrics like linen and cotton. Anything natural allows me to rest. Being naked in nature, bare feet on the ground, wind and sun on the fullness of my skin is the most electrically neutral. I think it allows us to relax more than anything else. If anyone has research on this let me know.


I don't know the research either, but I certainly prefer "natural" fabrics such as cotton and wool to polyester and other man-made materials. Even if a shirt is 90% cotton, 10% polyester my skin starts to itch and I usually sweat profusely. I simply can't wear the stuff.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: I need a reason?

Postby natman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Lionheart wrote:Just though of another reason. Long time ago I was having a discussion with our river guide on a rafting trip in Colorado. It was cold at night and we were all trying to stay warm at night. What is the best way to sleep in a sleeping bag we asked. Naked, he replied. The reason was simple. Cloths worn during the day collect moisture that cools us at night. Remove the cloths, remove the moisture. Also, any clothing like just wearing underwear, creates zones of different temperature. Being naked allows the body to be one zone at the same temp and thus more comfortable. I think that is why sleeping naked under a blanket or sleeping bag feels more comfortable. I love sleeping naked.


That was the advise given to me when I first entered the Boy Scouts. On our first campout, which was also a Camporee, our scoutmaster told us to strip down when we get into our sleeping bags. I thought I knew better and kept my uniform on "JUST IN CASE" I had to get up to go to the restroom in the middle of the night. As it turned out, the extra fabric caused me to get so tangled inside my sleeping bag that I almost suffocated. Our scoutmaster heard me struggling and came over to rescue me. He said I was already blue. I have been EXTREMELY claustrophobic ever since then and have trouble sleeping in anything more than a pair of whitey tighties, when I ABSOLUTELY have to. I can't even watch a movie where someone is in a tight situation.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7271
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:00 am

natman wrote: I can't even watch a movie where someone is in a tight situation.


Natman, I was exploring a cave with a tight passage. Most of us wiggled on through,
except for the chubbiest guy amongst us.
He panicked and his belly puffed up even larger, pinning him ever tighter between the rocks.
Finally we talked him out of his panic, telling him to stop breathing for a moment, exhale and think slim, slim, slim.
We supplemented his efforts with a bit of pushing from below and pulling from above.
It worked! He was able to escape the cave (and so were we, since he plugged the entrance).
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: I need a reason?

Postby natman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 am

Ramblinman wrote:Natman, I was exploring a cave with a tight passage. Most of us wiggled on through,
except for the chubbiest guy amongst us.
He panicked and his belly puffed up even larger, pinning him ever tighter between the rocks.
Finally we talked him out of his panic, telling him to stop breathing for a moment, exhale and think slim, slim, slim.
We supplemented his efforts with a bit of pushing from below and pulling from above.
It worked! He was able to escape the cave (and so were we, since he plugged the entrance).


Ramblinman,

Even just reading about your experience has caused my body temperature to elevate a couple of degrees.
:argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7271
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:11 pm

natman wrote:Ramblinman,

Even just reading about your experience has caused my body temperature to elevate a couple of degrees.
:argh:


In view of the chilly weather we are having at the moment, I will take that as a compliment!

The moral of my story is:
1. Panic only makes things worse.
2. Bring friends when exploring caves; when you get in a tight spot, you will be glad they are with you!
3. If you don't do well in tight spots, caving may not be the sport for you. :)
4. Don't be the chubbiest person on a caving expedition!
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:54 pm

Lionheart wrote:Just though of another reason. Long time ago I was having a discussion with our river guide on a rafting trip in Colorado. It was cold at night and we were all trying to stay warm at night. What is the best way to sleep in a sleeping bag we asked. Naked, he replied. The reason was simple. Cloths worn during the day collect moisture that cools us at night. Remove the cloths, remove the moisture. Also, any clothing like just wearing underwear, creates zones of different temperature. Being naked allows the body to be one zone at the same temp and thus more comfortable. I think that is why sleeping naked under a blanket or sleeping bag feels more comfortable. I love sleeping naked.


I think that additional insulation is beneficial, but not when it causes constriction and uneven heating.
I might consider a bag within a bag.
Constriction is bad for other reasons: poor circulation, interruption of sleep through the physical discomfort of pressure points and the risk of entanglement.
In extreme cold, I sleep with my clothes in the bag, but don't actually wear them. Of course wet clothes do NOT go in the bag with me.
They can be dried in front of a fire. Of course if your clothes are dried too close to a fire, they might not survive the procedure. Use caution.
Some people goof when they use summer fabrics in winter.
Flannel is not as chilling as cotton, but reasonably comfortable against the skin.
Likewise silk or satin might be too cooling for winter camping.
You need to wick body moisture away, so you try to find fabrics that wick moisture away without allowing unwanted heat loss.
Ramblinman
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:22 am

Re: I need a reason?

Postby webmeister » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm

There are times when it is necessary. During mountaineering trips with my 20 degree down bag I would put on layers... being naked would not cut it. Of course I would wear dry socks and put the days clothes in the bottom of the bag to dry. Boots go inside the tent of course. Laying on snow the cold seems to try and seep through. When the wind would blow I might even put on the Down jacket. Did not ever want the cold to get to the bones and wanted to get as much sleep as possible.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
User avatar
webmeister
Native Resident
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: I need a reason?

Postby Lionheart » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 pm

http://www.liveraw.com.au/live-raw-blog/nudity-health-live-inthe-raw-the-effects-of-clothes-and-nutrition-on-the-bio-electric-field-of-the-body
Not sure if I think everything contained in the article is true, but it does at least give the information I had heard about our bio electric fields and how certain fabrics and in particular nudity can feel better. I know that I am sensitive to static electricity and can’t stand for anyone to rub on carpet or other synthetic material. I hate fuzzy blankets and have found that charged fabrics make me feel uncomfortable. Tight underwear waist bands are the same. barefoot and freeballing wearing linen shorts and linen tank top when I can’t be naked is perfect.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?
Lionheart
 

Re: I need a reason?

Postby DaveT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:57 pm

I have a certain old underwear shirt that is the warmest thing I ever had for it's weight. 80's vintage damart brand. On a cold day it's great for wearing under a long sleeve shirt and minimizes how much more I have to put on. It was heavily advertised as staying warm even when soaking wet. But, while it's OK in the daytime, it's extremely static happy, and becomes quite uncomfortable to try to relax in it. Just something about the nature of the fabric. So every time I try to sleep in it? Forget it. Yes nude is best. But on occasion my sleeping bag was not warm enough by itself, so I needed full dress of thermal underwear and socks along with it, plus a stockin cap. What I like about a southern climate is that nights can be warm enough to sleep naked without covers sometimes. I'm kind of on the north edge of the south so a lot of summer nights I can start out without covers but need something before morning.

I used to do local caving, being I live where caves are abundant, even have a significant one under our land with a 246 ft waterfall in it. But kind of drifted to where I prefer to enjoy nature on top the ground. While I'm not claustrophobic at all, I just don't care for it any more. But 25 years ago or so when we were into it there was a local caver of some size by the name of Steve McDonal. Tight passages came to be called McDonal filters.
User avatar
DaveT
Native Resident
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm
Location: TN

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron