National Geographic Presentation - "Taboo - Nudity"

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: National Geographic Presentation - "Taboo - Nudity"

Postby ezduzit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:16 am

ezduzit wrote:Never heard of the "Rainbow Family of Living Light" so checked it out found this one among many, some nudity but not wide spread
Ez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXn9uxipeU

PS My generation would probably call them "hippies"
ezduzit

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am

pipermac wrote: Is it even possible to create a "return to Eden" environment? Would the rest of society leave us alone so we could enjoy it, if it was possible?

I envision a group of Christian naturists living in close proximity, with as many of us as possible living next door to one another, but each with their own home and yard. Like many modern subdivisions, we might purchase a plot of land nearby for recreation and group meetings.

Nudist resorts are so expensive and often too remote for everyday living. We need an entirely different model for creating community. To be sure, places such as streets and front yards would be too public for nudity. (although some families might let small kids have a naked front yard romp under supervision).

So this would not be quite the freedom of a vast nudist camp, but we have got to start somewhere.

It could be as simple as several of us agreeing to move to the same neighborhood in an area where work can be found. Anyone can move to a neighborhood so we take to take the usual precautions, but if we also formed a naturist club, we could set the usual high bar for membership to allow only approved people to visit our recreation/fellowship area (privacy fence and controlled access).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 am

There would surely be the option of a gated community to eliminate the street problem.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:24 am

Petros wrote:There would surely be the option of a gated community to eliminate the street problem.

The problem with any sort of community is that it would still be under the jurisdiction of a town. If your state laws allowed you to be naked in public and if the county allowed you to be naked in public, the city could still be a problem.

Maybe find a nude friendly county/state and create your own incorporated town with laws that are particularly friendly to not lewd nudity. Then contract law enforcement out to the county, educating them in what is proper and what is not.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:51 am

Petros wrote:There would surely be the option of a gated community to eliminate the street problem.

I did not advocate a gated community, just gated back yards and a gated members-only recreation/meeting area.

I am not opposed to gates around the entire community, many existing communities have them, but to be honest, we don't have the numbers to create a clothing-optional community for Christian naturists, at least not yet.

But many of us can afford to buy a house in a suburban neighborhood in an area with abundant jobs. So why not voluntarily buy a house in relative proximity to other Christian naturists? It is a lot simpler!

There are towns with enough naturists that non-landed naturists clubs have formed, rented facilities for monthly gatherings, fellowship in one another's homes and in just such a club I met several Christians.
One family in our club had a private pool and hosted a wonderful outdoor party every Independence Day.
We must have had 40 people there, all invited guests, no party crashers of course!

Just a "for instance" but what if Boyd's fellowship group in Denver grew to the point that it became 50 or more Christian naturists? And some of them had the means to buy houses near one another, hopefully next door in many cases?

It doesn't sound too far-fetched to me.
:wink:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:01 am

I think that the only way that it might work would be as a gated "private" community with strong deed restrictions. Probably would also consider 99-year lease rather than out and out sale in order to give the community eviction power in the event that a member is not acting according to restrictions.

In such a case, the community owns and maintains streets and services, water etc.

Also, the community could be constructed with normal style homes with higher fences between and a common system of paths and amenities such as parks, tennis courts, pools, community buildings etc accessible through the back yards. This would allow for non-nudist members to visit as in any other community without necessarily being confronted with total nudity. (Somebody told me that at least one of the nudist communities in Florida are built like this.)
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:50 am

natman wrote:I think that the only way that it might work would be as a gated "private" community with strong deed restrictions. Probably would also consider 99-year lease rather than out and out sale in order to give the community eviction power in the event that a member is not acting according to restrictions.

In such a case, the community owns and maintains streets and services, water etc.

Also, the community could be constructed with normal style homes with higher fences between and a common system of paths and amenities such as parks, tennis courts, pools, community buildings etc accessible through the back yards. This would allow for non-nudist members to visit as in any other community without necessarily being confronted with total nudity. (Somebody told me that at least one of the nudist communities in Florida are built like this.)

Nathan, I would welcome such a community, but I don't want to raise the bar that high right now.

I think we should first build a more loosely-structured community of Christian naturists simply by living in reasonable proximity to other Christian naturists and visiting with one another!

If I behave badly, simply don't invite me back!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 am

Ramblinman wrote:I think we should first build a more loosely-structured community of Christian naturists simply by living in reasonable proximity to other Christian naturists and visiting with one another!

If I behave badly, simply don't invite me back!

Such a "community" already exists in the form of the CNC, which meets annually at multiple locations across the US and in the CNF, which meets at multiple locations across England.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:58 am

natman wrote:Such a "community" already exists in the form of the CNC, which meets annually at multiple locations across the US and in the CNF, which meets at multiple locations across England.

If we are ever going to get to the point of local home fellowship among Christian naturists, CNC is one very likely candidate for starting it.
I like what is happening in Denver.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:49 pm

The Denver group, which I'm a part of, is small but vibrant in our diversity and mutual love for God and each other. But we are definitely in "the day of small things". (Zechariah 4:10) No one can foresee what will happen when we grow beyond our houses...
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Previous

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?