Why nude with others?

Did you ever wonder what would motivate a person to be nude, around the house, or on a beach, or anywhere else? Here you can ask all your questions, and people can testify to their own reasons for wanting to live life naturally.<P>All Villagers may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Why nude with others?

Postby baldguyseattle » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:30 pm

As some of you know, I have only been practicing naturism about 2 years now. But why do you all think that we want to be naked with and in front of other people?

For me, I don't really care to be naked in front of people, unless I am at a designated beach or a club. I really don't want to be seen by neighbors or the general public outside those designated places. On the other hand, I have no problem being naked with my best Christian naturist friend at his place or mine.

So what do you all think?
baldguyseattle
Permanent Resident

Postby xxemozislovexx » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:39 am

My take is to prove to us that we are capable of breaking a barrier of shyness fear etc. This year i've broken that fear and look forward to improve in naturism more from what i did.
XXeMoXX
xxemozislovexx
Permanent Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:41 am

People who share like interests enjoy getting together. That's one resaon why nudist enjoy being nude together. Also, in the case of a resort or beach, it gives the nudest an opportunity to enjoy the same kind of amenities a resort or beach offers texties. Textiles don't go to resorts or beaches to be around other people in bathing suits, they go there for the amenities.

I agree with you about not wanting non-nudist seeing me. I am not a in your face sort, and I don't want to shock anyone, so I do take reasonable precautions.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:33 pm

xxemozislovexx wrote:My take is to prove to us that we are capable of breaking a barrier of shyness fear etc. This year i've broken that fear and look forward to improve in naturism more from what i did.

That's true, and important. And once that barrier falls, it seems there are no barriers left, or very few. In five years of more or less active naturism, I have seen often that when we're naked together, we can talk about anything, with greater depth and honesty than when clothed. After all, you're already seeing each other naked; what else is there? :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:34 pm

All I want is to live nude as much as possible. I don't care if there are any other people around or not.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:18 pm

birds of a feather flock together.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 pm

firefighter wrote:birds of a feather flock together.

Well, yes, if I HAVE to be around other people, I would prefer that they are nudists or at least comfortable with my nudity. However, I don't HAVE to have other people around me normally. I'm quite comfortable with my own company, my gospel music, and my computer or TV. They're having something I can't spell tonight in the clubhouse starting at 7 PM--where people sing to recorded music. I know it starts with a K. I might go over there and check it out if I remember, but I might too busy online.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:14 pm

karaoke, It's a machine which plays various songs and has the words to that song on a teleprompter to help a person that may not know all the words to a particular song. I have watched others but have never tried it myself, mainly because this bird is chicken.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Oh, it's not that hard, firefighter. :D Although it's kind of fun for me to get up among those who may or may not know how to sing well, and show how it should be done. :lol: Jon-Marc, you ought to do just that, if you're not there already. ;)
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Larryk1052 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:28 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:

Well, yes, if I HAVE to be around other people, I would prefer that they are nudists or at least comfortable with my nudity. However, I don't HAVE to have other people around me normally. I'm quite comfortable with my own company, my gospel music, and my computer or TV. They're having something I can't spell tonight in the clubhouse starting at 7 PM--where people sing to recorded music. I know it starts with a K. I might go over there and check it out if I remember, but I might too busy online.

Jon-marc I can totally relate to your being comfortable with your own company. I've been an introvert loner all my life. However, I have found being naked around people does make me more comfortable with others around me and I enjoy fellowshipping with them more. Although I think I would forget about that karaokee machine.
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:26 pm

But we've got no feathers! :lol:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:32 pm

jochanaan wrote:Oh, it's not that hard, firefighter. :D Although it's kind of fun for me to get up among those who may or may not know how to sing well, and show how it should be done. :lol: Jon-Marc, you ought to do just that, if you're not there already. ;)

I was going to go to it but couldn't pull myself away from my computer and Christian Web sites. Anyway, I went to it one time, and no one there was able to sing. They were really bad. I tried one song, but the music was way too low for me. I've never been very good with singing to pre-recorded music. I prefer musicians who follow me since I have my own style, and pre-recorded music is seldom done my way.

We do have one other guy here besides myself who can sing, and he is very good. However, I didn't hear him at that Karaoke singing. Firefighter, thanks for the spelling on that. I had the first three letters but didn't where to go after that. I tried every spelling except the right one. I'm very good at spelling, but I have a problem with difficult words I don't normally use. :lol:
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:51 pm

Glad I could help Jon-Marc, I had to go to dictionary.com to make sure I had it right. I play guitar and sing a little though not very good. I play and sing with family or close friends, mostly bluegrass. I'm just not brave enough to sing in front of strangers. I will run into a burning in a heartbeat but performing or speaking in front of strangers scares me to death.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:04 pm

firefighter wrote:Glad I could help Jon-Marc, I had to go to dictionary.com to make sure I had it right. I play guitar and sing a little though not very good. I play and sing with family or close friends, mostly bluegrass. I'm just not brave enough to sing in front of strangers. I will run into a burning in a heartbeat but performing or speaking in front of strangers scares me to death.

Just pretent the room is on fire
Larry in Kentucky

Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 pm

firefighter wrote:Glad I could help Jon-Marc, I had to go to dictionary.com to make sure I had it right.

A dictionary does me no good if I can't spell it well enough to find it. I have a hand-held electronic speller, and that couldn't find it. I typed in karioki (the way everyone pronounces it and the way it sounds to me) and it gave me something that started with "ch". It rarely finds the word I want. It either gives me something spelled entirely different from what I want, or it says it can't find anything. My dad spelled everything the way it sounded, and he came up with some interesting spellings.

I was never able to talk in front of people but have no problem with singing. I've sung in many churches and on TV and radio--as well as numerous talent contests. However, I'm terrified of talking before a group of people.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Next

Return to Why would anyone want to be nude, anyway?